Thread: Arms, im lost

Arms, im lost

I main specced as a prot but also got some decent arms gear, but im confused, and have been for a while now.

It's regarding ARP. I know it's the best dps stat for wars, but up to wich point? I assumed at first ARP remaind the best thing out there for more or less forever, but im also reading stuff about how one should go to str after a certain point.

Numbers i hear for example = 40% arp is enough, after that you need to swap to str.

After that im confused as to wich weapons are the best. Ofcourse it's the one with the best stats, but wich talent provides the most dps for wars?

Is it axes? Or the ARP from maces?

How does the mace bonus get counted? Is it just if you have 30% you get 45%? Does it count it differently?

The post probably looks a little confusing but that's probably cause im confused about how stats work for arms wars.

Re: Arms, im lost

I highly recommend you spreadsheet and find out. But typically if you have a ArmPen trinket like grimtoll or mjolnir, I would go for 50ish% ArmPen, and the proc should take care of the rest. Going over 100% is a waste.

Its not really a waste since the trinket is not up all the time. Regarding the OP: Begin stacking Arp after u hit the hit cap and expertise cap and have a 30% ish crit chance unbuffed. Its really what u are aiming for. Arms is more about playstyle then gear.

15+ Year Old Account

respecc legs and walk ur way out xD
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

STR comes before ArP usually... Check out Landsoul's spreadsheet over @ EJ and check it out... My gear is pretty decent and it still shows STR as my #1 stat for increasing dps..

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    respecc legs and walk ur way out xD
    5/10 coz I almost lolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    STR comes before ArP usually... Check out Landsoul's spreadsheet over @ EJ and check it out... My gear is pretty decent and it still shows STR as my #1 stat for increasing dps..
    Simply put it's only true until you have about 30% ArP from gear. After that ArP is better and the more you have it the better it becomes all the way until 100%. Of cause there are other consideration like capping ArP with trinket procs and maintaining high enough values of crit/AP...

As stated earlier, using Landsoul's spreadsheet to evaluate for your gear is a good idea.

BATTOUSAI: Here's your answer. No need for further discussion.