Leveling in instances as a horde

I recently did recruit a friend with a mate, and we leveled via instances. For our alliance characters we did Deadmines from 10-15, Stockade 15-28, and then SM till 40, ZF 40-50 and then a mix of Dire Maul & Strat till 60.

Now we've decided to try horde characters for the first time, and I don't really have a clue about the most efficient places to level for the early parts.
    Horde have a lot more low level instances in convenient locations compared to alliance, so what would be the best place to level up. Obviously I'll start in RFC, but is Wailing Caverns or Shadowfang Keep the best bet in terms of easy leveling. Can they get me to 28, or should I do some RFK?

Yeah sorry my questions are nubbish, but despite playing wow for over 2 years, these places are barely ever run by alliance, so I'm not too sure about the leveling curve on them.

Deleted

Re: Leveling in instances as a horde

Same as you did before only replace Deadmines and stockades with the 2 instances located in Barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Same as you did before only replace Deadmines and stockades with the 2 instances located in Barrens.
    Only thing I'm worried about is the long walks, how far are they from FPs? One reason we did Stockade instead of say Gnomer was because the time wasted in walking, we could have leveled a few times due to the triple XP. Really I'm looking for convenient locations more than anything, should have mentioned in my first post.

Deleted

If you want it fast, level Taurens on lvl 10 or something Barrens is there new lvling area.

I usually find it best to level up to ~15 manually by questing. By that time you ought to be in Crossroads which is near the instance Wailing Caverns. Feel free to level in there up to somewhere between 20-25. From there you can actually go to SM (near UnderCity) or do some ShadowFang Keep in between.

It's way easier to get to SM for horde than it is for alliance imo. Otherwise it's quite similar.

So it's quite even - some long runs like to ZF etc, but nothing major like how running to SM is for Alliance.
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

15+ Year Old Account

RFC 13-15/16
    WC 16-18
    SFK 18-24/26

WC and SFK are very close as far as "What level should I be to go there." But WC starts off slightly earlier, I'd suggest going there until your level 18. At this point I would switch to SFK. It's much easier to get around and can be completed quicker than WC. But then, that isn't to say the gear from SFK is anything to frown on.

I have actually done RaF 3 times with a friend all the way to 60, and we have always had the best luck with just grinding out quests until 20, the new BE zone actually has a TON of quests in a small area so easy to do them fast. Then at 20, go to SM, just stay WAY back and let an 80 clear everything all you have to do is stay close enough to get the XP. Then ZF at 40 and then we always quested again at 50,.. go to UnGoro do all the non-collection quests and then finish up in EPL with all of the cauldron quests till 55, at 55 you can actually get into Ramps if you can get a summon and 55-60 is like 3-4 runs.

Usually took us about 20-24 hours played to get to 60, if i remember right. We didn't always go as fast as we could so i bet you could do it faster if you really tried.

Thanks for your help so far guys, appreciated.

Krothar, we're not really looking to gear until we get to level 60 anyway, or even raid at 80. More interested in checking out the horde lore in Northrend quests

Croz730, we actually have a 3rd account to boost ourselves with. Our fastest to 60 was 17 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Snopptrollet
    I usually find it best to level up to ~15 manually by questing. By that time you ought to be in Crossroads which is near the instance Wailing Caverns. Feel free to level in there up to somewhere between 20-25. From there you can actually go to SM (near UnderCity) or do some ShadowFang Keep in between.

It's way easier to get to SM for horde than it is for alliance imo. Otherwise it's quite similar.

So it's quite even - some long runs like to ZF etc, but nothing major like how running to SM is for Alliance.
    We actually had our recruit a friend down to a science, to the extent our final characters took a weekend to level. There are some very nice ways to get free levels with triple xp (hand in wool, silk, etc is a free level each time...handing in green hill pages in STV is a free level...picking up ZF quests is around 2 levels). For example, 40-50 took us around 4-5 runs in ZF. So really I don't think questing will be the fastest to 15, because we can get around 2-3 levels in one run for an instance of that level.

Anyway looking forward to this, because I've only done SFK once and it was a really enjoyable place. Not so keen on the trogs and murlocs in the barrens instances lol. Although good opportunity to get some of the new raptor pets...