Spec question for returning Warlock

What's up all? So, here's my deal. When WOTLK came out, I put my paladin to rest and started leveling up a warlock. Leveled up to 70, and did some 10mans (my laptop at the time had some serious problems with 25mans and FPS, haha) and started gathering some purples. All in all I was really content with my warlock. At the time, everyone was deep affliction early on, but the rotation was virtually impossible for me to keep up in 25mans, which for the most part, was a slideshow to me. So I specced the 0/40/31 Imp hybrid build, wasn't exactly the cookie cutter built, some minor alterations, but I really enjoyed the build.

I felt much more useful on 5mans, as I generally was topping trash DPS. Not a big deal, but it was more enjoyable, especially since I do run more heroics than raids. I was generally first in DPS through the bosses, even surpassing a good grip of affliction warlocks. In raids, I was generally up in the top 5. Basically, just really happy with the performance of the build as I had never played anything but affliction before.

That was months ago. My account was keylogged while inactive, and was stripped. Well, I resubbed recently to find all of my characters stripped, except my trusty warlock. But he was respecced to a heavy demo build, what I'm assuming the guy was using for farming, or something. But some of my gems and such were changed out, too.

My question is, for a returning Lock, with gear around my level (really entry-line raider gear, if anything), what would be the ideal spec? Does the 0/40/31 still hold it's own? Or with talent changes and such that I obviously haven't read about bumped up other specs? I'm looking to start running some heroics again, and some 10mans to get my feet wet, and start heading to the higher end content. I'm not looking to dominate DPS charts per say, but something that contributes enough, while maintaining the fun factor. The affliction rotation to me, how it was at least, was highly effective, but it just wasn't the playstyle I was after.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rk+Iron&n=Saez

Re: Spec question for returning Warlock

[div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know that much about Warlocks's in PvE, but I am sure that the best DPS spec goes like this: Destruction > Affliction > Demonology. This guide can maybe explain a little: PVE Warlocks: A Guide to 3.1 Spex and Rotations.

If you're gear is sub-ulduar, Affliction is the best spec out there for you (unless your raid lacks an ele shaman, in which case deep demonology is the best for your raid).

Destro is the best theoretical dps spec, given that you're hit capped w/o talents.

3.2's changes will keep destro about the same, bring affliction up a teeny bit, and leave demo the same.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic