Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sometimes I don't like being right

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictous
    Now 3.2 is coming out this week or the next. Every other class has had at least a month to test their changes and provide feedback. Now we have a week, and I think we can all assume that they stop actually listening to player response on the PTR a week or two before the patch goes live, to provide feedback on how worthless SoV is going to be in almost any fight that involves more than one target for PvE and how SoC is still a waste of a talent point for PvP.

That is right: paladins have had yet another major change that happened at the last minute. The change to SoV now has had only one week of testing. Just one. How many times is blizzard going to do this? SoC sucks, I mean it is straight up worthless. In case you haven't noticed or played the PTR, it will non-crit a player for about 700 when you judge. You think you have mana problems now? Tell me this: how many times have you blown CS, DS, and a white hit on a priest's PWS only to have your judgement just barely break through the last bit and give you some mana? Now think of what would have happened if you wouldn't have gotten mana back.

The changes to ret are completely offset by SoC. I predict, and god please prove me wrong, that any Ret/Healer combo will not be succesful because the paladin will have no burst, the only thing we had going for us. After taking my disc priest partner with me to the PTR I personally have proven, at least to myself, that high rated matches will be much more difficult if not impossible for a Ret/Healer combo, as we did not break 1600 rating in one week of testing.

Don't try and fool yourself into thinking that you will just use a fast weapon to get 5 stacks of SoV then switch to a slow weapon. Against any paladin that did that my partner and I would just spam cleanse / dispel magic, completely negating their damage and wasting their healer's mana.

My advice, and you don't have to listen to it, is to find a DPS partner. With our increased survivability Ret/Rogue may once again be popular. I myself will try and stick it out with my partner; Ret/Shadow. I know what you are thinking, 2's is worthless in 3.2. To me it is still important because I don't like 3's at all. Hate every second of it actually. I personally will be only getting, hopefully, about 1800 rating with my partner and just taking furious gear and being happy with it. To you ret paladins who do enjoy 3's I don't really know what your niche is going to be this season, apart from just helping your healer survive with DSac, HoS, and HoP. Maybe put Freedom on your rogue or warrior? We seem pretty worthless at the moment.

Re: Sometimes I don't like being right

Well i feel sorry for Ret, A major Overhaul in the middle of the expansion is a REALLY bad thing.
    Only spec of Paladins that got well off was Prot.
    You'd probably feel worse if you were in Holy's Position when GC discredited the Hidden Mana Regen thread in a really unprofessional way.
    Anyways yes SoC still sucks >.>
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

So how does it feel, when your ten minutes of glory, Ret paladins, are finished?

If you come here to cry about Ret Paladins beating you in Arena then you have really really big issues especially if you are:
    a) A Rogue (Someone needs to counter you...)
    b) A Mage (You are the hard counter to Paladins).
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by Shinen
    So how does it feel, when your ten minutes of glory, Ret paladins, are finished?
    Who says our glory days are over? Nerfed? Sure, but hopefully this will mean that the FotM club will reroll and people will stop assuming that all of us are tied with that group of bads. I can't speak from an arena perspective, but those of us who actually care about ret and enjoy playing ret will still be just as good. The reason? Instead of QQing non-stop we will be trying out new rotations and play styles. For the people who know how to play and actually care about their toons, ret will remain a force to be reckoned with.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp
    If you come here to cry about Ret Paladins beating you in Arena then you have really really big issues especially if you are:
    a) A Rogue (Someone needs to counter you...)
    b) A Mage (You are the hard counter to Paladins).
    I'm a Shaman, and i'm not here to cry. I'm here because i hate people playing an OP class just because its OP, just like many people has with the Paladin. Now that it's over, what will happen, they will dissapear again? What will we do with that many paladins that just appeared from nowhere when Lich King came out? I'm sorry about the true Paladin's lovers (personally i like them pretty much), but this is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    Who says our glory days are over? Nerfed? Sure, but hopefully this will mean that the FotM club will reroll and people will stop assuming that all of us are tied with that group of bads. I can't speak from an arena perspective, but those of us who actually care about ret and enjoy playing ret will still be just as good. The reason? Instead of QQing non-stop we will be trying out new rotations and play styles. For the people who know how to play and actually care about their toons, ret will remain a force to be reckoned with.
    And thats the spirit.

To people who say ONLY prot got off well here.

Even with the nerf to illumination, the buff to Beacon and the increased mp5 on gear are still really nice buffs. If its a preferential style to before... thats debatable but its not all a shitty bottom and no tp to wipe with.

Ret changes are potentially troublesome, but im sure we will make it work somehow.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Anybody complaining about rets in arenas is a newb. Especially rogues, mages, priests, druids, and holy pallys. As a healer if a ret kills you most the time its because you may be legally retarded. Blizzard fist raping pallys this patch really sucks, i know alot of pallys did not do what i did and gotten their furious holy weapon shield accessories and shoulders after getting full furious ret. I hope alot of you have been keeping your holy skills up to par and fresh, our burst got raped, damage got hit hard, mana got destroyed, and dks are still looking sexxy as ever, if you want dps reroll dks guys thats what i did.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/9/7/9/5/2159795xgchE.png

It wasnt deserved baddy. Shamens are hard as hell for me to kill in twos and threes, look me up metroda they shouldnt be, i got my enh shamen buddy to 1850 in hatefull and a few blues, they have a niche with every spec in every bracket, and currently dominate the top fives bracket. but they are buffing you, it is still nice to see newbs piping up to spew ignorance on everyone though.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/5/9/7/9/5/2159795xgchE.png

PvE wise, did ret got buffed or nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by lichy
    PvE wise, did ret got buffed or nerfed?
    Meh six of one, half dozen of the other. It equates to a sustianed dps gain in the neighborhood of 4-6ish% on single target extended dps periods. It appears that its a net dps loss for trash mobs or anything that dies in less than 30ish seconds.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro87
    It wasnt deserved baddy. Shamens are hard as hell for me to kill in twos and threes, look me up metroda they shouldnt be, i got my enh shamen buddy to 1850 in hatefull and a few blues, they have a niche with every spec in every bracket, and currently dominate the top fives bracket. but they are buffing you, it is still nice to see newbs piping up to spew ignorance on everyone though.
    You're the newb here. "Ah noes you no cry, you shaman? Shaman very hardz, you gots buffs mon". As i said above, i'm not here complaining about how op rets are, is it just that you don't read? Don't know if i hate more the people who plays OP class cuz are OP, or the people who instead of show some arguments, just attack the other's class ("WHAT ABOUT YOU EH? YOU'RE MORE OP!1!one!).

so what your saying is, on bosses we got alittle buffed and on trash we got nerfed?

not cool man...not cool

Quote Originally Posted by Metro87
    Anybody complaining about rets in arenas is a newb. Especially rogues, mages, priests, druids, and holy pallys. As a healer if a ret kills you most the time its because you may be legally retarded. Blizzard fist raping pallys this patch really sucks, i know alot of pallys did not do what i did and gotten their furious holy weapon shield accessories and shoulders after getting full furious ret. I hope alot of you have been keeping your holy skills up to par and fresh, our burst got raped, damage got hit hard, mana got destroyed, and dks are still looking sexxy as ever, if you want dps reroll dks guys thats what i did.
    Nice language kid.

Its gimps like you that make the rest of us ret paladins look bad.......

Quote Originally Posted by lichy
    so what your saying is, on bosses we got alittle buffed and on trash we got nerfed?

not cool man...not cool
    It is worse than that. Some bosses it may be a 30% or more DPS loss (pulled that number out of my A.) Take for instance Hodir, you get your 5 stacks up and then you have to switch to a frozen NPC. Then you have to get 5 stacks again, but it will probably already be dead. Other bosses with similar mobility: Razor same thing, XT same thing, Yogg same thing, Freya you are looking at 1000 dps maybe, Mimiron phase 3 will be pathetic dps. It is a monster nerf to Ret damage in PvE.

How would Blizzard even know if they only tested it for a week? Assuming they even tested at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    Thank you <3

Now i dont have to type in that here also.. Its depressing how people tend to forget the people that have had Ret paladins/ Paladins in general since launch of World Of Warcraft... People who actually love their class

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictous
    It is worse than that. Some bosses it may be a 30% or more DPS loss (pulled that number out of my A.) Take for instance Hodir, you get your 5 stacks up and then you have to switch to a frozen NPC. Then you have to get 5 stacks again, but it will probably already be dead. Other bosses with similar mobility: Razor same thing, XT same thing, Yogg same thing, Freya you are looking at 1000 dps maybe, Mimiron phase 3 will be pathetic dps. It is a monster nerf to Ret damage in PvE.

How would Blizzard even know if they only tested it for a week? Assuming they even tested at all.
    worst case, they will tweak it a week after like they did in 3.1

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shinen
    I'm a Shaman, and i'm not here to cry. I'm here because i hate people playing an OP class just because its OP, just like many people has with the Paladin. Now that it's over, what will happen, they will dissapear again? What will we do with that many paladins that just appeared from nowhere when Lich King came out? I'm sorry about the true Paladin's lovers (personally i like them pretty much), but this is deserved.
    They will go back to their druids, especially since the resto tree were buffed -.- Fotm ---> druids... Well more like "flavor of the all time" but meh doesn't matter.

Meaow?

Well I play Pally Prot for PvE and Ret mostly for PvP ... and for me nothing will change ... noburstnomore? lawl ... Just means we are going to see some longer battles ... ok maybe healerz need a slight nerv for some reasons ... but I can live with that.

On the other hand I also play Druid PvE and PvP healer and kitty ... not because it's FotM (or Foatt "Flavor of all the time") ... but because this druid is my very first char and I'm druid from my heart for all the time. Idk for any nerves to my classes I just live with it, adapt and get better ... like all good players do ... hopefully there will be less FotM pallys now ...

Anyone knows whats the next FotM class, so i can avoid that one?
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Quit moaning, as one of only 2 classes who can play all roles (tank, healer, dps) we are, by our very nature, adaptable.

Take the changes on the chin, make the most of em and get on and do your job. Perhaps if people spent less time bitching on forums and more time thinking about how to play the world of WoW would have a few more decent pally's.

P.S. I play a holy pally.. sure the mana regen nerf sucks but hey I'll be damned if i use it as an excuse for not being half decent.
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing