Deleted

How is Feral Druid 1v1?

How good is Feral druid in duels vs: casters, healers, hunter, tanks, melees?
    Just insterested, couse i play moonkin/resto all the time and i want some fresh Feral changes for new patch (not just becouse of new forums ). I also like duels and situational 1v1 fights, so thats why i am asking you this.

Re: How is Feral Druid 1v1?

Feral Druid (when played right) is in my opinion one of the best, if not the best 1v1 class in the game. That said, its also the hardest class/spec to master because of all the abilities you have... and against good players, you use them all.

I agree, with equal skill/gear/all cooldowns, a Feral druid is one of the best 1v1 classes. Most classes don't have a chance if you play right. A few class/specs that have a good chance to turn things around are; Frost Mage, Destro Lock, and Ret Pally (Pre 3.2).

There are a few classes/specs that have a better chance at winning against us. Luckily there are only a few and they pretty much get owned by other classes. Prot Warriors and Prot Paladins.

Extremely talented/geared Resto Druids or Disc Priests (Not as much) can potentially win a 1v1 with reflective damage.

Deleted

What about Shadow priests, BM hunters?

Most classes played well will eat feral.
    And there is no need to be talented as resto to win feral. Just play right tactic and feral has no chances at all.

15+ Year Old Account

sadly ferals can put out nice burst iv have bene able to nuke a pally whit a 10K finish crit he was to slow whit buble becase he didnt see it comming.

but most of the times ferals arent that good and out spell interupts alos got nerfed quite a lot in 3.2
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Feral got a lot ways to play, so you probably run over the 1 feral with no problem, while the other feral will nuke you down in 3 secs.
    Biggest problem i've seen with other ferals was not holding up savage roar. thus nerfing your own damage a lot + interrupting to much. As our interrupt is a finishing move, with 5 combopoints you have to choose between a 15k rip, or 1 2k maim + interrupt. So if that healer is at 60-70%, and you don't have rip on yet, just forget about interrupting at all. Fero bites on anything higher then mail is usually just wasted energy. Especially on deathknights in frost pres i do 3k fero bite crits max.
    Things change if you got rip, savage roar up and the healer is at 40%. interrupt him then, tigers fury and you got another kill.

Then gear choice is another thing in 1v1. Someone told the prot pala and prot warr would win vs feral, but then you're probably in full pvp gear with nerfed dps output. Go 0 resi, full pve gear and "reset" the fight as much as possible by cyclone or roots and let the bleeds kill them off

Deleted

Vs. Protection pala and pro. warrior, i asume bear form (with occasional heals) would be much better choice than cat? Or do you guys mostly fight in cat forms against all kind of opponents?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu
    Vs. Protection pala and pro. warrior, i asume bear form (with occasional heals) would be much better choice than cat? Or do you guys mostly fight in cat forms against all kind of opponents?
    I prefer putting 5cp rip (or less cp if my health goes down quick) and go to bear form. But full time bear means loss against prot talented targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Astronomy
    I prefer putting 5cp rip (or less cp if my health goes down quick) and go to bear form. But full time bear means loss against prot talented targets.
    Same here i bleed any plate wears like crazy.

As far as 1v1 goes i can pretty much win any match that isn't a desto lock, dk, or pally.

With beserk they stand no chance, a bear can put out 10k or so in a few seconds with beserk up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

Quote Originally Posted by d9d9
    Most classes played well will eat feral.
    And there is no need to be talented as resto to win feral. Just play right tactic and feral has no chances at all.
    Do yourself a favor and go duel a non-shitty feral, because you really don't know what you're talking about, or you just play on a terrible server or only pvp in battlegrounds.

The only classes that really give me a tough time are:
    Mages, except arcane. Frost and fire mages can kick my ass if played well
    Destro Warlocks
    Combat Rogues, yes killing spree hurts even when I'm in bear form lol.
    Survival Hunters.

I can beat all of these classes, but these classes still have a good chance to beat me.

A good mage is good at keeping me at a distance between the snares and roots, I may be able to shift out of them but I'm still snared/rooted for a second or 2 before I shift out of it and in the meantime they can gain enough distance to put a serious hurt down.

Destro Locks are just insane, if my berserk is up I have a good chance, but if its down or for some reason I manage to not kill them after using it, I'm in trouble until berserk is back up and their burst can be insane, I've been 3 shotted by a destro lock before, it sucked.

Survival Hunters just have a lot of things in their arsenal to keep themselves distanced from melee and being a druid, they have an additional one, scare beast ftl and they have some pretty good burst damage in pvp so they can give me some issues too.

Combat rogues can put a serious hurt down on me with Killing Spree even if I'm in bear. If I actually specced for pvp and had the barkskin glyph they would be a lot easier to handle, but I don't so they can give me a tough time, needless to say the duels tend to go for so long that I don't like dueling'em anymore lol.

If you have trinkets that can proc for massive amounts of agi/armor pen.

IE DMC:G and Grim Toll, and start with pounce, spam mangle to get a maim going, TF Beserk mangle spam will dead, you can kill someone in 5 seconds.

I was doing some last night, it was a blast how OP we can be.

Hey there. My main is a PvP oriented Warlock who I currently enjoy playing as Destruction. Most (not all) Feral Druids are beatable for me however if the Druid is really well geared with PvE epics then I have no chance.

There is a horrible Tauren Druid on my server (Shattered Hand) that has been ganking for years. I mean this guy has NO life except to play WoW. He has 29k hp unbuffed in Cat Form when wearing gear which means when he throws up Berserk and uses Survival Instincts I have NO chance.

I use the Voidwalker on my dailies because he'll sit there and camp herbs waiting for someone to land he can beat (me). The shield from my pet takes about 1-2 hits to go through and I'm still stunned. Anyway long story short: Feral Druids are sick in 1v1 at least from my experience. If you have good gear and know what you're doing you can beat most classes.

Oh and the Druid on my server is rarely alone but has added insult to injury by constantly targeting me (my Warlock's name is easily identifiable) since the days of Quel'Danas dailies and soloing me. He used to think he could take me without Berserk but in fact he cannot. That damn talent is a game winner for Feral Druids vs Warlocks!

15+ Year Old Account

Best in 1v1 in my opinion:

Warlock of any class.
    Feral Druid
    BM Hunter (although you don't roll for 1v1)

So yea, Feral Druids are for sure high up there.