Heads up for ENG wanting MC helmet

I do apologize if this has been mentioned before, but a quick search did not net me anything on the forums, so I thought I might mention (or simply reiterate) stipulations regarding this new helm tinker for those interested in it.

I'll let you form your own opinions, but before you put this on your helmet it's worth mentioning:

1) It looks like the old gnome MC helmet (metal cap with swirly hypnosis doohickey on front)

2) I did not see a bug fix for this (although it may have been fixed prior to live?), but even if you disable the "show helm" option, this helm still appears. If you die, occasionally it will hide it, but will reappear if you use it or if you die again. So it's a perminant look, if you want your helm shown or not... Again, this might have just been a bug on PTR....but also perhaps a design choice?

3) It's NOT a real MC. You won't be making anyone jump off cliffs. It's a CHARM effect, as if you're a hunter taming a beast. The person who is charmed will simply follow you around and you'll have a few very limited options (ie attack, stay, follow, etc)

4) A player can trinket out of the effect. In several days of testing on the PTR, every time I used it, the person trinketed out of it or it broke after a few seconds.

So as you can see, aside from an additional interrupt which might be usefull in BG (or off-chance/wiered PVE) situations (since it's not usable in arenas), this helm enchant is extremely limited at it's current 10 minute cooldown.

Boildown/personal opinion: Idea is nice on paper, but it's final iteration was severely disappointing. I'll be sticking with regular resil helm enchants for pvp. I'll probably put this on some crap helm just for fun every now and again, like if I see someone trinket, THEN I'd use it. Again... limited situational use, even with 45 sta. But since you can't change helms in combat... eh.

The other eng buffs, however, are awesome. Sorry if this is repeat information, but again I thought it might be worth mentioning to folks before they waste reagents on their primary helm if the preceding details are disappointing. Some of you might still thoroughly enjoy it, regardless. I hope you do more than I. =)
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

Re: Heads up for ENG wanting MC helmet

It works exactly like the good old mind-controlling helmet, except it's better (since it's an enchant). You could add that UD players can wotf out of the effect and that tremor totem works against it.

You should see it like a joker (having another option to force someone to use a defensive cd is quite powerful).

Now, I wish they would add the goblin stunning helmet again

It'd be fun as a Hunter. MC the person, have him as a pet, jump off edge of cliff, disengage before hitting bottom while releasing the other person.

Lulz follow.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wani
    It works exactly like the good old mind-controlling helmet, except it's better (since it's an enchant). You could add that UD players can wotf out of the effect and that tremor totem works against it.

You should see it like a joker (having another option to force someone to use a defensive cd is quite powerful).

Now, I wish they would add the goblin stunning helmet again
    If it works like the old one is the not pvp flagged in enemy capital city still possible?

From what I read, I am under the impression that this overwrites actual helm enchants? So, for instance, instead of having your ebon blade helm enchant, its just the 45 stam and the dumb mc in addition to forcing you to have a dumb helm graphic?

Its not dumb dont be so narrow minded you can have great fun with it. If you do not like it you do not need to get it! >

MC player, tell target to attack flightmaster.
    Fun and laughs.

I have Engineering goggles in my alt rogue and you know it has a use option, what will happen if i enchant that goggles with this "another" use enchant?

Quote Originally Posted by seckin
    I have Engineering goggles in my alt rogue and you know it has a use option, what will happen if i enchant that goggles with this "another" use enchant?
    The world as we know it will cease to exist, again, thanks to gnomish technology

Yeah i was pretty bummed when I got the enchant and couldnt jump people off cliffs. I guess theres always the lumber mill in AB though, MC jump off and use my parachute....always a though but i think ill go back to my dps enchant.
    Exciting and Dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by seckin
    unable to enchant it on engineering helmets because of the already on use ability they have!anyway,i will apply it on my PvP helmet...
    ...too big,too small,size does matter after all
    ...too short,too tall,doesn't matter when size fits all...!

Quote Originally Posted by slashno
    unable to enchant it on engineering helmets because of the already on use ability they have!anyway,i will apply it on my PvP helmet...
    Ye ... When I saw that I was WTF ???... What a stupidity ... But hey ... As allways they will fix it ... Or smthing. ..

If you want to make the person jump off a cliff, than jump off the cliff yourself and use parachute.