Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trial of the Champion (5-Man)

So, just got done doing it on both Heroic and regular difficulty on my server (Dalvengyr) before the damn server crashed and, I can honestly say, it was fun. We started on Heroic and tehn did regular (a decision that prolly should have been reversed, in hindsight). The only wipe was from the transition from phases one to two on the first boss(s, since there's 3 lol). And, for going in with very little knowledge of what to expect, I can honestly say that it was a blast.

Anyone else done this instance successfully and have anything amusing/interesting happen? Like, in my group, the boomkin druid won literally 6 greed rolls over two runs.
    We are the internet we dont care about you. We just want to poke you with a pointy stick
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Furthermore to hate gearscore for 'denying you access to raids' is like hating your credit score for denying you access to a loan.

Re: Trial of the Champion (5-Man)

/sigh i hate all these 'tactics' for fights! i wish every fight was just one tank, 2 healers, dps nuking down a high-health low-hitting boss /end sarcasm

alas i'm eu, so our servers aren't up yet ^.^ looking forward to running through with guildies thou we're a 10-man-only guild, so i think we might actual find some upgrades :O
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.

any of these bosses drops Daggers? cos in mmo-champion drop list there isnt any, and my rogue would love to get one

I've never made a complaint about the ease with which 3.2 introduced loot to characters - but christ. Last night went into the normal version and cleared it 3 times in about 40 min (the longest part is waiting for the even to start at the beginning). 4 epic's later, I'm thinking - why did I ever considering running naxx10?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarpanti
    So, just got done doing it on both Heroic and regular difficulty on my server (Dalvengyr) before the damn server crashed and, I can honestly say, it was fun. We started on Heroic and tehn did regular (a decision that prolly should have been reversed, in hindsight). The only wipe was from the transition from phases one to two on the first boss(s, since there's 3 lol). And, for going in with very little knowledge of what to expect, I can honestly say that it was a blast.

Anyone else done this instance successfully and have anything amusing/interesting happen? Like, in my group, the boomkin druid won literally 6 greed rolls over two runs.
    Yah it was pretty fun and easy. We had a pretty undergeared Druid healer tho so when Eadric did his Hammer of the Righteous he got one shot XD laughs where had.

P.S. I'm on Dalvengyr! Horde/Alliance and wut guild?

15+ Year Old Account

Vehicles? I pass, forget the new 5-man. I was expecting Magister's Terrace mach II, complete with "MagT was merely a setback" theme music and a floating Kael'Thas head in a sea of insta-gib purple glowing balls of death and gravity wells.

But oh well. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    Vehicles? I pass, forget the new 5-man. I was expecting Magister's Terrace mach II, complete with "MagT was merely a setback" theme music and a floating Kael'Thas head in a sea of insta-gib purple glowing balls of death and gravity wells.

But oh well. Such is life.
    Black Knight is new Kael'Thas imo, you kill him 3 times in 1 fight. Also total Monty Python reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatonlb
    (...) why did I ever considering running naxx10?
    because at the time it was the place you had to go to get the best loot available. nowadays, naxx10-loot is crap. so it doesn't really matter if you get it in a 5 man dungeon... it's still going to be crap.

i just can't understand all those QQers... what did they expect? it's always been this way, old gear becomes useless one day... it's called progress. and it's exactly what has kept the game alive for so many years now.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Me and some of my guildmates did this on heroic without knowing anything at all about the encounter.

We one shot each boss, and I was tanking.

Needless to say it's very easy, but also fun.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47500 Dropped and I got it.

Other drops were as follows:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47249
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47561
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47568
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47496

2nd and last boss dropped the latter 3 + the sword I got. First boss dropped the legs.

I cant understand those, who complain about vehicles used in this instance, are they too lazy to adapt a different play style?
    I myself can't wait 'till I'm home, from what I have seen, this instance seems pretty fun, although its really short.

it rains epics from this place....5 epices in 10 mins 200 ilvl and 5 epics in 15 mins 219 ilvl (tank (guildy alt) went from almost all blues to almost all epics (5 uld 10 lvl eipics and 3 ilvl 200 epics) in 25 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Toradora
    Well since Blizzard INSIST on adding their goddamned "Vehicles" to everything in WoTLK. I will do this instance ONCE on both normal and heroic for the achievements only.

Fuck you Blizzard and your stupid argent tournament. Christ.
    Lol....

Thats what happens when new things get added to the game...they typically occur more then once. I'm yet to understand why somebody would want to do the exact same thing on there toons for every encounter this expansion. At least vehicles mix things up a bit.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Napee
    Lol....

Thats what happens when new things get added to the game...they typically occur more then once. I'm yet to understand why somebody would want to do the exact same thing on there toons for every encounter this expansion. At least vehicles mix things up a bit.

But then I can't be the roxxor superguy by hitting 3 buttons any more... This is just not right!

(heroic) ~ Anyone have a better way to transition between the mounted and unmounted phase of the first boss? I found wiping to be fairly effective, but not cost-efficient :-[
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

TBH I quite like it. It's easy, fun, and new. And It's quick. In 2 hours (maybe a little more) I did heroic once and normal 3 times (Trying to get the achievement :P). It's a great way to gear up Off specs and Alts.
    Plus I get champion's seals and Emblems of conquest :P.
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin
    (heroic) ~ Anyone have a better way to transition between the mounted and unmounted phase of the first boss? I found wiping to be fairly effective, but not cost-efficient :-[
    all i did was just equip my main hand real quick. pretty easy since im ranged.

This instance sounds really fun. and i think with the whole vehicle thing blizzard is just trying to introduce another aspect of the game to keep players guessing and trying new things. I am excited to play cause i dont have a lot of epics.
    In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

got 8 abyss crystals in 2 runs of normal

Absolutely enjoyed the instance. Once groups get used to the encounters, it's going to be nice and fast for badge running.
    YOU BROKE THE RULES...
    NOW, I'LL PULL OUT ALL YOUR PUBIC HAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisawesome
    TBH I quite like it. It's easy, fun, and new. And It's quick. In 2 hours (maybe a little more) I did heroic once and normal 3 times (Trying to get the achievement :P). It's a great way to gear up Off specs and Alts.
    Plus I get champion's seals and Emblems of conquest :P.
    lucky when i got on the horde had just capped wg so it was forever until i could get those and after i ran both heroic and non heroic i was like hmm garrys mod sounds fun