Thread: Boomkin - DPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Boomkin - DPS

You are probably correct for about half of what you said lol. For about Half of this expansion we will have to stick with 2 pc T8. As graylo has posted on his boomkin blog having 4 pc T9 is about a 6.94% dps increase where staying with 2 piece T8 and 2 piece T9 is about a 6.14% increase in damage as apposed to no tier gear. Now granted you would have to have 4 piece of the 258 ilvl, I think that will be attainable after the raid tonight and seeing some of the content.

1 wipe 1 kill :P no ptr xp for any of us

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rabelz
    Another thing you have to remember is you can drop 2% hit with the buff to balance of power. If im not mistaken that puts our hit that we need about ~198 since 1% hit = 32.8 x2 = 65.6, so 263 - 65.6 = 198.
    The hit we get from balance of power has not changed. People have been over this many times before. You still only get 4 hit, but damage you take from spells is reduced by 6%. It was tested on the PTR, and its simply an error in the talent calculator.

Dont believe me? Here are the effects on the talent:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33596
    Effect #1 Apply Aura: Mod Spell Hit Chance (126)
    Value: 4
    Effect #2 Apply Aura: Mod Dmg % Taken (All)
    Value: -6

I repeat - everything points toward it being a bad phrasing in the talent calculator. The actual effect as shown on Wowhead has not effected our hit

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclope
    Just wondering as well, if anyone uses "Squawk & Awe", does it perform accurately with these new changes ?
    I dont see how i will need it anymore - we will just be weaving eclipses, and i use class timers to keep track of my dots.

I tried my boomkin on the PTR and i was really confused, I dont know if its even worth to put up your dots (except at the begin of the fight), because your damage of the starfire/wrath will probably outdps the dots. correct me if im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I dont see how i will need it anymore - we will just be weaving eclipses, and i use class timers to keep track of my dots.
    That's so true. I am still not used to the idea of Eclipse weaves & forgot about that

Deleted

Re BoP : all tests made on the PTR showed that it was still 4% hit despite the new wording. I'll have to wait for more conclusive information before belieaving that, our hit being already low enough that i'd find it very hard to believe Blizzard wants to beaf it up even more.

Re dots : dot uptime (MF specifically) will be very important with the new idol and the 2T9 bonus anyway, so we might as well get used to keeping them up. Also, dots have never been a dps loss when refreshed at the start of an Eclipse (the difference was just too minimal for most people to really care about it).

yay theory crafting lol, here we go for the numbers part of the dot. So with wrath IS up it hits for about 130 more than it normally would, say with rng and everything you get 10 wraths off in that time. My wrath's crit 40% of the time so thats 130 x 6 = 780, 4 x 260 = 1240, so together thats 780 + 1240 = 2020. Now my IS ticks for like 1250 raid buffed, so lets say it gets 4 ticks off while eclipse is proc'ed assuming i refreshed it as the beginning 1250x4= 5000. So 5000 + 2020 = 7020, now whats my average wrath hit for? 6,334 but, that also includes when eclipse is not proc'ed... so I'm thinking my average wrath hits for nearly the same amount as what I would get in a dps increase by using the IS. Overall, its about the same amount of dps.... so FEEL free to not refresh your dots when it is proc'ed overall it could swing either way as an increase/decrease based on rng per attempt. So to simplify things I would not do it because it over complicates things for what could be an overall net+/- of 150 damage on an entire fight. To me its not worth the hassle.

Mind you this is ALL based on the fact that your last starfire cast from your lunar proc, has been lucky enough to fall in with server lag and proc your solar eclipse. So this happened like 1-2 times for me on each boss. The window that this happens in is extremely small and should never be counted on for it to just "happen".

So as I stated above it's better to just not worry about refreshing because in the end it comes down to rng and it might only give you and extra 150 damage for and ENTIRE fight. Which is like .1% of your total dps. Example: with IS your dps is 5552.6, without your IS your dps is 5552.5.