Thread: Sap capping...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Sap capping...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    So (OP) what you're saying is: If you're dumb enough to try defending a node by yourself. You're screwed.

Nothing new here then.
    WHAT THE FUCK?

Caps because clearly you are some sort of new breed of super retard, bred from the alpha retard and the retard queen.

If the choice is between one person bothering their arse to defend a flag alone and nobody defending, which is the better option? Now I know you're going to say no-one because thats the retard in you talking and you would much rather just run mindlessly through bgs killing whatever's red in front of you but there's more to it than that. Even a single defender can call for help if he sees his attackers coming. Even a single defender can defend against a single attacker provided that attacker isn't his anti-class. Fuck, if the defender is a prot warrior, a well geared healer, a death knight with Army of the Dead he can probably hold off two or three attackers long enough for reinforcements to show.

And btw, usually its not someone's choice that they are the lone defender, usually they are the only person that has some fucking sense to defend.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    WHAT THE FUCK?

Caps because clearly you are some sort of new breed of super retard, bred from the alpha retard and the retard queen.

If the choice is between one person bothering their arse to defend a flag alone and nobody defending, which is the better option? Now I know you're going to say no-one because thats the retard in you talking and you would much rather just run mindlessly through bgs killing whatever's red in front of you but there's more to it than that. Even a single defender can call for help if he sees his attackers coming. Even a single defender can defend against a single attacker provided that attacker isn't his anti-class. Fuck, if the defender is a prot warrior, a well geared healer, a death knight with Army of the Dead he can probably hold off two or three attackers long enough for reinforcements to show.

And btw, usually its not someone's choice that they are the lone defender, usually they are the only person that has some fucking sense to defend.
    Lol this was funny. I throughly enjoyed reading it. Good show!
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Calling out for help in /bg is hard. Also learn to use pvp trinket.
    this. this is the answer to everything. imba serious pvper talking here.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

If there's only one person defending any given node, your side has more problems than a rogue or anything else being able to CC/cap.

My rogue could already get a cap off within sap time, as long as the solo defender was dumb enough to stand right beside the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Melynx
    With the change on cap times dropped from 10 to 8 sec, I'm expecting Rogues, well anyone with CC, will be CC-capping. I was under the impression that the 10 sec cap time was in place to stop this from happening.

Obviously Blizz would've seen this coming, and probably did this for that very reason - but why? It seems like a bit of a step backwards to me. Letting a lone Rogue cap against lone defenders seems a bit imbalanced to me. The only reason I could see them doing it, with this taken into consideration, was to make defenders waste their trinkets.

Thoughts? Guessing no-one cares. Or I'm misinformed in some way.
    mmm alot of rogues like me were still doing this before the 8 sec cap its not that hard, just easier now.

It's not an issue. BG players being what they are, I guarantee you 9 times out of ten, some fucking ret paladin on the rogue's team will DIVINESTORM the sapped guy, who will interrupt the rogue. Guaran-damn-tee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Calling out for help in /bg is hard. Also learn to use pvp trinket.
    Because people in a battleground is extremely great when it comes to teamwork

Also, People have endless pvp trinket uses now without a cooldown?

xoxo <3

Quote Originally Posted by bw13187
    It's not an issue. BG players being what they are, I guarantee you 9 times out of ten, some fucking ret paladin on the rogue's team will DIVINESTORM the sapped guy, who will interrupt the rogue. Guaran-damn-tee it.
    Happened to me twice today already.

15+ Year Old Account

ok :P I've being doing this on my rogue for ages..

the best counter I've met to this is people not sitting literally at the flag, stay atleast far away enough to see what's going on at the flag and close enough to have running / interrupt cap time if someone comes out of stealth and tries to cap.

This way the rogue wont have time to sap, move to flag, and cap due to traveling distance, or he simply wont notice you if you position yourself well.

I know he might have sprint up, vanish, all kinds of crap, but you should not try to just go for a kill if you catc him like this, be ready with a report, and just keep him busy until he either gives up or you get backup.

When I defend as a rogue I dont try to kill the capper, I just annoy him with CC and stuns, running away and just making him understand that I wont let him cap unless he manages to bring me out of stealth first.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

to everyone that says calling out for help is the answer: what kind of players do you play with? In my BGs im generally grouped with a bunch of horrible players who dont even know how to read.
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

necro'd thread is necro'd

Quote Originally Posted by Malfz
    Last time I checked, Fear, Polymorph, Sap, and I'm probably forgetting a couple, all last 9 seconds on their first cast.
    WTB Repentance back to 9 seconds in PvP. Uncalled for nerf is uncalled for. I still never saw any reasonable justification for chopping 4 seconds off the duration in pvp for a "cc" spell you have to 1) buy with a talent point and 2) is on a 1 minute cooldown in pve and pvp.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned