Thread: UA Fights

UA Fights

Which bosses should UA be used for? I'm thinking about taking it to ulduar this weekend and i want to know which fights would be best them. I MT ever boss except Iron Council and i stay in the back and stun lock Stromcaller. Any opinons? Which ones it is good for? Which one it is bad for?

Re: UA Fights

From my understanding, Unrelenting Assualt specs are generally used to maximize threat in a short amount of time. There really isn't a single boss in Ulduar where threat should be an issue, outside of a couple hard modes. If your guild isn't attempting hard modes then I really see no reason to make a switch. Then again...I'm an Arms warrior with an Arms warrior pvp offspec.

Honestly...it really shouldn't be much of an issue either way on any fight.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I have two tank specs: DW and UA (I had used my DW spec as a more beefcake spec previously but it just wasn't working as well for me). Anyway on both 10 and 25 I've experimented with both and pretty much all of the fights. If you're good at tab/targeting UA will still get the job done on add type fights (Freya, Razor). It doesn't have as much survivability gaps as you might think (esp if you take the flavor of the spec that picks up imp disc and glyphs more for survival). It's an imperative spec on (hard mode) fights where dps is at a premium (like XT and Hodir). Many bosses have casting gaps where your revenge won't trigger but some are shorter than others.

Boss by boss:
    XT: definitely worth it esp if you're doing heartbreaker. The only issue here is during the heart phase where you'll obviously not be triggering revenge and will instead have to use shield slam, conc blow, heroic throw, etc.

Razor: Never really has cast gaps on revenge and it's not really a survival fight so have at it.

Ignis: flame spouts and charges can lead to occasional gaps but nothing major. Definitely worth it.

Kologarn: the tank swapping makes it a little suspect but if you start with him and get a good string going at the start it's fine.

Auriaya: I find UA makes it easier to focus on the needed interrupts.

Hodir: flash freeze can lead to some gaps but I find it's not that long and gives you a good moment to refresh sunders, shouts, claps, etc. as needed. Also sometimes you need to run to a glyph anyway so it's not that much of an impact.

Thorim: if you're the tunnel tank the mobs are few enough that aoe tanking isn't an issue. Again on thorim tho you're tank swapping so you'll have down time.

Freya: no real cast gaps. I like UA here because I use Freya to keep revenge perma lit up and help burn down eonar's gifts and such.

Mimiron: Way too many cast gaps to make UA viable. Phase 2 is nothing but cast gaps. Plus if you have the normal UA flavor you risk not having enough of your own cooldowns for phase 1 (not terrible but still).

Vezax: I've heard of people doing this with UA (Ciderhelm at tank spot for example) but so far for me it's lead to me getting pulverized.

that was an awesome response ty for the detailed list. I'm def going to give a shot at least on the bosses this weekend and see if it will work.

You're very welcome.

From what i saw today with patch you are producing so much more threat with normal specc that ua shouldnt be needed in ulduar.