My flying carpet. :(

I had some problems with my flying carpet.

Manage to level my tailor lately. And decided to make a flying carpet.

I seem to have a problem mounting it.

I'm 427 Tailoring atm.

I have 225 riding skill.

I have cold weather riding as well.

It keeps giving me the 'You can't use that here' warning.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong? Help will be appreciated!

Re: My flying carpet. :(

Are you in Dalaran? (not in Krasus Landing or high above the city)
    Are you in Wintergrasp? (not high above the ground)
    Are you the old world? (Azeroth/Kalimdor)

if the answer to any of these is yes, then that's why you can't use it. If not..well then it could be a bug.

I'm not a tailor but maybe you made the epic flying carpet?

If so you need the 300 riding skill to use it as 225 is only for regular flying mounts.

Hope this helps.

I don't think that would be the issue since the message hes getting is "You can't use that here," verus "You don't have the required proficiencies"

Quote Originally Posted by jjang
    I had some problems with my flying carpet.

Manage to level my tailor lately. And decided to make a flying carpet.

I seem to have a problem mounting it.

I'm 427 Tailoring atm.

I have 225 riding skill.

I have cold weather riding as well.

It keeps giving me the 'You can't use that here' warning.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong? Help will be appreciated!
    The only other thing I can think of (other than what has already been suggested).. are you at least level 70? I know you said you have Cold Weather Flying.. but with the addition of the CWF Tome one wouldn't be able to just assume any more.

Yea. I'm at Krasus Landing. Already lvl 80.

Attached is a screenshot.

lol theres a guy looking for 2 dps, healer, and tank for rfc haha

and i would suggest posting on wow forums if it has already not been posted since it is most likely a bug

Sometimes I find myself unable to mount at the Landing, on any mount. I just run back into a normal place in Dalaran where I can't mount, then run back to the Landing, and it usually works. Thats all I can think of that might help :x

I've had something similar happen before, just go back into the main part of Dalaran, and then back out. Should let you mount again. Basically, get out of Krasus' Landing, and come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarlunce
    Sometimes I find myself unable to mount at the Landing, on any mount. I just run back into a normal place in Dalaran where I can't mount, then run back to the Landing, and it usually works. Thats all I can think of that might help :x
    Tried. Don't seems to work. :'(

I just can't wait to see my priest on the carpet. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zarlunce
    This!

What the above said, there seems to be a bug sometimes with any flying mount. Try your other mounts at the same location. I usually end up flying to the nearest fp to get rid of the no fly zone invisible debuff.

Also, check it in Outlands since you can fly anywhere there

Apparently all my other mounts works just fine. Specifically, only that damn carpet just refuse to work.
    Wonder does anyone owns that flying carpet and had the same problem as well.
    I'm pretty sure is something to do with the carpet. Since i can still ride my wind rider, land mounts as well.

I've got the same problem, neither of my carpets will work there, but all my other flying mounts will. This is pretty consistant for me even after leaving via FP.

Quote Originally Posted by jjang
    Apparently all my other mounts works just fine. Specifically, only that damn carpet just refuse to work.
    Wonder does anyone owns that flying carpet and had the same problem as well.
    I'm pretty sure is something to do with the carpet. Since i can still ride my wind rider, land mounts as well.
    Had the same problem at the landing with my Rusted Drake, when I went to the coliseum place it worked just fine, I think there's something wrong with that landing place in Dalaran
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

i know it's offtopic... but I really like your UI.

What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by való
    i know it's offtopic... but I really like your UI.

What is it?
    yeah share iit
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromalius

have you ever seen a Tauren Rogue? No. Thats because they are THAT good.

Quote Originally Posted by danny905
    yeah share iit
    agreed

Mehh, carpet still not working even though im out of krasus landing.

btw those who were asking for my UI. I got it from WoWinterface actually.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UI1280800.html
    I tweek it a lil for personal use. like raid dps/hps, added questhelper etc. Great work by Alekk. Credits to him after all! There's ton of great UI there, just gotta remember to get the correct sreen size.

Hey guys, spoke to a gm an hour ago. It says i'm having the 'restricted zone' bug. He kinda help me fix it on the spot. and bam, i can ride on my carpet now.

For those who had the same problem. e.g. restricted zone, can't use a particular mount anywhere. Mayb u can speak to a gm about it. took him 10 sec to fix it for me. lulz.

Thanks for all the replies anyway!

Cheers