Thread: Idols

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Idols

Now, since the change to emblems and idols, we have many more choices.

I did read the guides here, Elitst-jerks and wowhead, but I cannot seem to find a clear answer, and that's probably because there isn't one.

So every "raiding" feral druid should now be able to get his hand on 3, and later on 4 idols:
    Idol of Worship
    Idol of the Ravenous Beast
    Idol of the Corruptor
    Idol of Mutilation

I am currently using worship when I dps and corruptor when I tank. How will mutilation go in there?

My armory (if that helps): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...erhorn&n=Sylee

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Idols

i know this is druid forum put i sugest u post what the idols do
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

From what I understand, the Idol of Ravenous Beast becomes stronger than the Idol of Worship once you reach around 200 ArPen rating and scales far better. However, I'm still wondering how the new Idol Of Mutilation plays in versus the Ravenous Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    i know this is druid forum put i sugest u post what the idols do
    Call me a noob and tie me to a tree upside down, but i dont know how to link items here =X

Call me a noob and tie me to a tree upside down, but i dont know how to link items here =X
    Gonna help you :

Idol of worship : Equip: Increases periodic damage done by Rip by 21 per combo point.
    Idol of the Ravenous Beast : Equip: Increases the damage dealt by Shred by 203.
    Idol of the Corruptor : Equip: Your Mangle ability has a chance to grant 153 agility for 12 sec.
    Idol of Mutilation : Equip: While in Bear Form, your Lacerate and Swipe abilities have a chance to grant 200 dodge rating for 9 sec, and your Cat Form's Mangle and Shred abilities have a chance to grant 200 Agility for 16 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    Idol of Mutilation : Equip: While in Bear Form, your Lacerate and Swipe abilities have a chance to grant 200 dodge rating for 9 sec, and your Cat Form's Mangle and Shred abilities have a chance to grant 200 Agility for 16 sec.
    According to people testing this idol on the PTR, the uptime was near 100% both in bear and cat. So if this has not been changed when going live, this should give about 3% dodge "permanently" in bear and 3%crit + ~200AP in cat also "permanently".

As it costs 25 emblems of triumph, the first people to get it shloud have it on the first day after the next maintenance ^^ (3*2 (raid first boss 10 and 25 assuming same number of emblems rewards) + 2*7 (emblems for the daily in the first week) + 2 (first daily of second week) + raid10 or 25).

Quote Originally Posted by orirgv
    Two ways:
    1.) Basic
    2.) "Advanced"

1.) Copy & Paste a WoWhead link to that item ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47668 ) etc

2.) Use Url tags with Wowhead links, (url=http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47668)item name(/url) but with square brackets, you could also add some colour (Idol of Mutilation)

Idol of Worship
    Idol of the Ravenous Beast
    Idol of the Corruptor
    Idol of Mutilation

I'd say Ravenous if you're above 220 ArP (maybe mut because it's still pretty awesome, definately best on kolo/or as mangle bot), Mut while tanking (as the dodge should be just better than the agi from corruptor - or at least pure avoidance wise as corruptor gives crit which is nice for threat)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Thanks Yohassakura! edited the post.

So, less than 220 ArP = worship and more than 220 ArP = Ravenous Beast?

Also I'm wondering if i should use the corruptor's one if i am the mangle bot. There was something said about that in EJ, but I'm not sure.

Overall, 153 agil (i would be able to keep it up almost 100% if i'm mangling), 203 AP on shread, or 105 AP (21 per combo point x5) on rip?

If it's 153 agil, then mutilation will be the king anytime, for both tanking and dpsing. If not, it still might be considering its 50 agility more.

Less than 220 ArP = Idol of Worship
    More than 220 ArP = Idol of the Ravenous Beast
    Manglebot (Kologarn) = Idol of Mutilation, or Idol of the Corruptor if you don't have the first one.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks Yohassakura! edited the post.

So, less than 220 ArP = worship and more than 220 ArP = Ravenous Beast?

Also I'm wondering if i should use the corruptor's one if i am the mangle bot. There was something said about that in EJ, but I'm not sure.

Overall, 153 agil (i would be able to keep it up almost 100% if i'm mangling), 203 AP on shread, or 105 AP (21 per combo point x5) on rip?

If it's 153 agil, then mutilation will be the king anytime, for both tanking and dpsing. If not, it still might be considering its 50 agility more.
    Its not AP it adding a flat damage increase which = alot more. You are right, but only if your on manglebot duty then Corruptor > all because its up 100% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Its not AP it adding a flat damage increase which = alot more. You are right, but only if your on manglebot duty then Corruptor > all because its up 100% of the time
    What about mutilation? shouldn't be used unless im the mangle bot?

isn't the mutilation idol "best" event with ArP > 220 ?

because its procs on mutilation but also on shred,
    200 Agi (=> crit + AP) < +203 on shred ?

Mutilation seems to be bis. By far...In every situation.

I'm coming up with ~10.2k dps in bis gear for feral.

Attack Power: 12991
    Agility: 2404
    Strength: 398
    Crit Rating: 623
    Hit Rating: 200
    Expertise Rating: 48
    Haste Rating: 380
    Armor Penetration Rating: 1086
    Weapon Damage: +16
    Avoided Attacks: 3.436716%
    Crit Chance: 63.09533%
    Attack Speed: 0.7031308s
    Armor Mitigation: 5.635214%
    Melee Damage: 34.6576%
    Mangle Damage: 0%
    Shred Damage: 27.23846%
    Rake Damage: 10.45046%
    Rip Damage: 20.54853%
    Bite Damage: 7.104947%
    Optimal Rotation: Rake+Shred+Rip+Bite5+Roar4
    Optimal Rotation DPS: 10259.66

Changing it to Ravenous Beast drops the dps to 10126.76.

It'll also probably be BiS for every tanking situation as well.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account

What about mutilation? shouldn't be used unless im the mangle bot?
    As others have said Mutilation is the best regardless(manglebot or not) simply because it can also proc of BOTH shred and mangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    It'll also probably be BiS for every tanking situation as well.
    Personally i would rate Idol of the Corruptor as BiS because instead of dodge it gives agi for bears, sure you would lose a little dodge but you would gain crit in its place

15+ Year Old Account

i often use Idol of Perspicacious Attacks for nice aoe theat like of CoT or spiderwing ^^

i think it also helps while topping the meter on aoe trash as cat ^^ (beserk , savage raor , swipe)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Getting IoM ASAP. Mangle and Shred, so if you have an arms warrior it will be free agi? I mean how is that not completely OP??

I don't quite understand how the arms warrior makes it free agility? The proc occurs when you use shred or mangle, not when mangle or a similar debuff is applied to any target. If you have an arms warrior you still need to shred to make it proc.

He means its free agi in the sense that you aren't going out of your way to use a sub optimal ability (mangle - cat) to keep your damage up.&#160; Instead you are getting the agi from an already optimal source.&#160; In comparison to the idol of the corruptor; which if you have an arms warrior in the party its second best in slot situationally.&#160; If you yourself are applying mangle then its best in slot for that situation.

So back to the IoM now.&#160; If you have IoM and you have an arms warrior in party, it is BiS.&#160; If you don't have an arms warrior, and you are forced to mangle, it is still BiS.&#160; So to try and uncomplicate my already poor explanation.&#160; There is nothing you have to sacrifice to maximize you DPS which was was simply not the case when talking about IoTC.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    i often use Idol of Perspicacious Attacks for nice aoe theat like of CoT or spiderwing ^^

i think it also helps while topping the meter on aoe trash as cat ^^ (beserk , savage raor , swipe)
    This idol is for Bear Swipe only (as that is what bear AOE is called "SWIPE") Cat Form Aoe called Swipe (Cat).
    after testing it i havent found any increase on Swipe (cat) dmg, maybe its just me.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens
    This idol is for Bear Swipe only (as that is what bear AOE is called "SWIPE") Cat Form Aoe called Swipe (Cat).
    after testing it i havent found any increase on Swipe (cat) dmg, maybe its just me.
    Maybe that one only works for bear swipe for some odd reason =/