Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid progression for noob guild.

Hey guys,

I am GM of a new-ish raiding guild. I post here to ask your opinions on the progression we should follow. They way i see it is this;

VoA --> OS --> EoE --> Naxx --> Uldar

but this is only from what i have read and assumed based on what guilds on my server is doing what. Obviously i want to give my guild the best chances of success and dont want to be trying to progress through a raid that we should not yet be attempting.

Thank you for your input and thoughts

Re: Raid progression for noob guild.

Just don't start with trying HM's or Ulduar and you will be fine tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Methical40
    VoA --> OS --> EoE --> Naxx --> Uldar
    Old way.

Heroics --> Ulduar

New way.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknexx
    Old way.

Heroics --> Ulduar

New way.
    Sad but true.
    Naxx10 is some quick emblems tho. ;a
    Hi

get a decent group together and farm heroics and the new 5-man, even on normal the drops are VERY good for players just hitting 80.
    then get into naxx and attempt what you can. OS10 and vault 10 are a joke, as long as people are fairly competent/heroic geared.
    from there, naxx 25...and so forth. it's very simple to see progression. even if you only have a few guildies, get a pug naxx 25 going on and recruit geared out-of-guild people, it's very worth doing.

I leveled on a super low pop US server where every guild but mine sucked.. and as far as we were concerned when we started raiding, it was VoA, OS (of course no drakes), Naxx, and then EoE... Now I'll throw Ulduar in there afterwards..

It seems that EoE people have trouble understanding the concept and it was considered the hardest encounter in the game, besides 2-3 drake OS, BEFORE 3.1 and the release of Ulduar.

That might just be the opinion of the noobs on the small server and myself though

heroic/naxx for emblems farm maybe voa for t8 wen geared up with emblems move your ass 2 uldaur

ok 1. Bloody hell you ppl reply fast.

2. Heroics --> Naxx ? REALLY !?! That's shocking. You sure you people arent just trying to sound cool ? Im sorry if that offends but i see it happen alot in-game, it must happen on forums aswell.

Ok assuming that one can go from heroics --> Naxx. Then what would you ask of your tanks healers and DPS.

Im aware that for a tank its;

-At least 20k hp
    - 550 defence

but i dont really know what to ask from healers in order to stand a chance or DPS for that matter.

the defense cap is 540, not 550. also, you can easily get to 25k hp or so from heroics/enchants/gems.
    also, farming heroics will get you emblems of conquest, which you can use to buy ulduar-level gear...

it's not as difficult as you're making it out to be.

Ok assuming that one can go from heroics --> Naxx. Then what would you ask of your tanks healers and DPS.

-At least 20k hp
    - 550 defence

but i dont really know what to ask from healers in order to stand a chance or DPS for that matter.
    Brainssss...ss..s....sss

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

-At least 20k hp
    - 550 defence

Tanks should be min 540 defense and around 24k+ hp min. Healers should be 1500 min spell power and dps should be able to put out over 1500 dps. That's for naxx 10 I'd say.

15+ Year Old Account

(Hc + VoA + OS + Naxx) -> EoE -> Ulduar -> Coliseum

I think it's meant like that, the order of the first four isn't important.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Tanks should be min 540 defense and around 24k+ hp min. Healers should be 1500 min spell power and dps should be able to put out over 1500 dps. That's for naxx 10 I'd say.
    Sounds about right, but 2k dps would be reasonable if you startet farming heroics. Especially now, with the emblem change.

From what i understand and learnt in TBC. What is important to know is what you stand a chance of downing.

For tanks in wotlk you need 20k hp and 540 defence to not get critted and survive long enough to be healed.

What is realistic to ask from healers in terms of mp, spell power and mp5 (if at all vital)
    I really have no clue what to ask dps to aim for though, this is really where i need the advise now we have the progression order sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    (Hc + VoA + OS + Naxx) -> EoE -> Ulduar -> Coliseum

I think it's meant like that, the order of the first four isn't important.

Sounds about right, but 2k dps would be reasonable if you startet farming heroics. Especially now, with the emblem change.
    He's right. With enough of the highest tier badge gear, you can get to (basically) Ulduar gear. The lower tier raids are worth doing, if only for the badges (and to fill in the gaps) course, that doesn't mean that the player have the skills.

Deleted

Farm and farm and farm Hc fore fews days and do the new instans many timse, so all get loot the need.
    then you can go in uldar whit no problem.

Dont forget that you can trade down your badges fore lesser once fore gear.

And ofc do naxx 10 fore badges and voa fore gear and badges and os fore badges .

Do ToC 25 (even if you only have 10) as many times as you can until every person has paid 1000g in repairs(this shows dedication to the guild).
    Then, do 10, finnally ending up doing the 5 man heroic and farming the 5 man regular.
    Next, do Ulduar starting at Yogg, working your way to Freya, then Vezax, Ignis, etc.
    Then do naxx and clear out one wing, and move around the outer circle. Clear out ALL the trash in the outer ring First! This is important! Then Pull every boss on that circle (4 horse, Thad, Loatheb, Maex) and AOE them down in thad's room (Don't worry about enrages they are long).
    After that get this achievement, http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=4016, or the 25 player.
    Oh, and don't worry about badges, they give shit loot anyway.
    Banned.

fail

ok guys. Thank you for the majority of your replies.

ok guys. Thank you for the majority of your replies.
    There is no wrong answer. Heroics, Naxx, OS, and VOA are all good choices. Move on when those get easy.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

80 --> naxx 25 --> farm for 2 weeks, get eoe --> be bored for 4 months --> ulduar

thats how i did it

still dont have champion of the frozen wastes im that lazy