Newest Living Bomb change makes Glyph useless?

So can other mages please tell me if I'm wrong or not but doesn't this latest change now make Glyph of Living Bomb pointless and worthless?

Re: Newest Living Bomb change makes Glyph useless?

It renews the ignite tick on crits, or at least I believe it still does. Thats a good enough reason for me to have it. Having an 11k ignite tick fall off because I cant cast in that 3 second period is bad, and when LB crits, it's renewed.

Since when is extra damage "pointless and worthless?"

If anything, it's much more useful than before, now that the periodic crits no longer screw up our Hot Streaks. Prior to the patch, some people avoided the glyph for that very reason.

As the guy above me said, more crits = more ignites.
    I can haz blog?
    Blasting Zone

I've usually avoided these topics but I'm tired of being outdpsed in most Ulduar fights by Hybrids or other classes. My guild is only up to Mimiron in Ulduar but on the night in total and almost every fight there are 2 hunters in the guild that absolutely destroy me for DPS, a warlock, also a DK that does the same with ease and now even a Shadow Priest. I don't understand if this is just how Blizz has made it currently or if there is something I'm doing wrong.

This is my gear: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rand&n=Nalenya

I'm currently running FFB spec, I know a lot of mages are running Fire spec and I was thinking about it but testing it out on the dummy and it didn't seem to add any more DPS as both specs were about the same. Also since this latest patch doing tests on the dummy I can only sustain about 3k dps on the Heroic Dummy, I can do 1million dmg or more in a cycle using mana sapphires and evocation but only sustain 3k dps with AI and Molten Armor up as my only buffs.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by joshfatal
    Since when is extra damage "pointless and worthless?"

If anything, it's much more useful than before, now that the periodic crits no longer screw up our Hot Streaks. Prior to the patch, some people avoided the glyph for that very reason.

As the guy above me said, more crits = more ignites.
    Yeah sorry I reread the patch once again and realized that now it doesn't matter how much Periodic Crits from living bomb occur as it no longer affects Hotstreak either way. Thanks for setting me straight! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalenya
    I've usually avoided these topics but I'm tired of being outdpsed in most Ulduar fights by Hybrids or other classes. My guild is only up to Mimiron in Ulduar but on the night in total and almost every fight there are 2 hunters in the guild that absolutely destroy me for DPS, a warlock, also a DK that does the same with ease and now even a Shadow Priest. I don't understand if this is just how Blizz has made it currently or if there is something I'm doing wrong.

Its because we're still lame on some of the AOE fights in ulduar. Multiple living bomb targets helps a lot but only if the mobs don't die so quick. On Mimiron though you should be pwning, that is like your patchwerk fight.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nalenya
    I'm currently running FFB spec, I know a lot of mages are running Fire spec and I was thinking about it but testing it out on the dummy and it didn't seem to add any more DPS as both specs were about the same. Also since this latest patch doing tests on the dummy I can only sustain about 3k dps on the Heroic Dummy, I can do 1million dmg or more in a cycle using mana sapphires and evocation but only sustain 3k dps with AI and Molten Armor up as my only buffs.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    You can't test your damage as TTW/FB on a dummy due to lack of a slowing effect to apply TTW bonus to your Fireball. If you want to test it, ask a guildie to come spam slows on the dummy for 5-10 mins while you test it.