Boots Enchant question

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...marush&n=Thomu (yes I know my rings are terrible)

I just got my Sandals of Rash Temperament from Ulduar, and since I'm way over hit cap without any gems to get rid of I put +18 spirit on them instead of Icewalker. Is there another enchant I should be using instead of spirit?

Also a gem question, for arcane would +int gems be better than the haste gems I have on? Thanks

Re: Boots Enchant question

Idk ... is crit not neccessary for arcane? or is spiri better since icewalker is also crit ... maybe replce the ring with hitrating and keep icewalker

but I'm no mage at all so I can't tell you just shared my thoughts
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

With Glyphed molten armor I get a good bit of crit rating from spirit. I'll probably pick up Icewalker in a little bit just so I'll have it for when a good ring drops. Thanks for the reply

ewwww, you put spirit on your legs? you should have one of three enchants as a mage: ice walker, tuskar's vitality, or nitro boots. anything else is just a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Coreboom
    ewwww, you put spirit on your legs? you should have one of three enchants as a mage: ice walker, tuskar's vitality, or nitro boots. anything else is just a waste
    No. He put spirit on his boots.

OP: If you spend at least 4 seconds moving per 60 seconds of in combat then a movement speed increase enchant will serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    If you spend at least 4 seconds moving per 60 seconds of in combat then a movement speed increase enchant will serve you well.
    /agree

8% run speed increase is noticable. It helps you get into position faster to dps. Worth it IMO.

I continue to use Icewalker, just for the extra crit really. Arcane isn't as reliant on critical strike as it is on haste. Since you run arcane, you also don't need a whole lot of Hit so feel free to spec into different things and find the sweet spot...

Gemming for arcane should be spellpower for red, spellpower/haste for yellow, and spellpower/spirit for blue, only using non-red gems to activate your meta gem and activate good socket bonuses.

Faerlina's Madness is terrible. Every level 80 helmet with a meta socket provides better dps when paired with a chaotic skyflare diamond. Even a hat of wintry doom is a small upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by extrudedcow
    Gemming for arcane should be spellpower for red, spellpower/haste for yellow, and spellpower/spirit for blue, only using non-red gems to activate your meta gem and activate good socket bonuses.

Faerlina's Madness is terrible. Every level 80 helmet with a meta socket provides better dps when paired with a chaotic skyflare diamond. Even a hat of wintry doom is a small upgrade.

actually, the closer you get to full BiS for arcane, gemming spellpower/int becomes the bigger DPS increase.

For the sake of argument, I tried selecting the top several items for each slot in Rawr, set the fight length to 10 minutes, and optimized with intellect gems enabled. The result: 8765dps, 3788 spellpower, 1007 haste, and zero intellect gems. Results are similar with a 5 minute and 2 minute fight. I've seen similar results throughout Ulduar with my own gear (top 5 on the server).

Intellect gems are useful for Vezax, but otherwise intellect is an inferior stat compared to spellpower and haste. Pandora's Plea is the only intellect heavy item of notable value (still best in slot in Ulduar gear), but with the reduction in AB's mana cost intellect has lost some of it's value.

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    Idk ... is crit not neccessary for arcane? or is spiri better since icewalker is also crit
    Icewalker grants more crit than 18 spirit with glyphed molten armor.