Thread: Unholy obli

Unholy obli

Is this
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10192
    viable to do dps like blood, frost etc standard builds? Just use obli instead of SS

edit: i had wrong link

Re: Unholy obli

Short answer: no.

Long answer: HELL no.

Previous answer isn't quite true, the returns of SS have been greatly reduced in 3.2 mainly due to balancing for what looks to be PVP. Information currently points to the fact that once you have greater than 20% ArP then Obliterate becomes more powerful that Scourge Strike, using a 3/13/55 build as you have.

As for how it stands up against other builds in blood and frost I don't know yet.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10192

From what I read on EJ, specing into CotG and missing out the blood talents is better still. Every Oblit generates heaps of RP allowing for more DC spam. Link that with Morbidity and the glyph, then add on the new Unholy Blight give you a lot of extra damage. Your tank just has to work a little harder.

Im still unsure on this mystical 20% ArP needed. One post I read stated that Obli beats our beloved Scourge Strike and any additional ArP makes it even better but I havent been able to test this.

If you want to take a look at some numbers from EJ check here as their is some pretty nice information.

Having being the unluckiest roller ever from Uldy25 my gear hasn't changed much from end of Naxx so lacking alot of the ArP I thought I would have come out with as so I think I'll have to pickup some new gear before I can move over from my lovely Scourge Strike.

Somethings gotta cheer me up as the nice fat figures missing from my SS make baby jesus cry!

Yeah, Oblit > SS even with 0% ArP. Oblit scales much better especially in a raid environment than SS ever did with things like ArP, Sunder, Faire fire ect. Ntm str directly influences it's dmg. You end up generating 25 runic power per Oblit. And with all the ArP items that are in Uld/ToC it makes gearing up less selective. This being 17/54 not the 3/14/54 or w/e which IS inferior.

As far as personal experience goes, sitting at 10.47% ArP and 4/5 t8 (not counting grim toll's proc) i've seen 9k+ oblits in 10 mans. Also, SoVH > Awareness. It is amusing to see 9k DC crits. However, i can't shake the feeling of being dirty not using SS but you'll have to do it in order to stay competitive, otherwise you end up falling behind DW :*(

Quote Originally Posted by Blightyboy
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: HELL no.
    You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Welcome to 3.2.