Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Prot Paladins, how hard do you hit?

-3) Divine Sac /guard are useless points as prot. if you're tanking you should never be using sac. I've yet to find a point where wws /matrix has shown me where sacred shield has helped me avoid a death. this is progression + hardmode tanking, as well. I find the talent useless. Lastly. Crusade is an overall threat and damage boost whereas SotP is only vengeance. I personally recomend switching. other than that, the tallent build is on target, if not exactly what it should be for ulduar.
    I know prot pallies who tank Ulduar Hardmodes who will tell you otherwise:

The point of getting Divine Sanc/Guard is to get the inproved Sacred Shield.  The Divine Sanc itself is only an added perk you can use on fights you are not MTing.

Anyway here is a friend of mine's armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ge&n=Tsumibito

I have witnessed him pulling 2.5k+ while tanking in a 5man, on a single target.  I'd say prot pally DPS is up there now.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I know prot pallies who tank Ulduar Hardmodes who will tell you otherwise:

The point of getting Divine Sanc/Guard is to get the inproved Sacred Shield. The Divine Sanc itself is only an added perk you can use on fights you are not MTing.
    I was telling you my personal experiance. I'm sure others have their own. But i'm also saying that there are many addons that show you death's avoided. and until i see a substantial impact from SS, i'd never grab the talent. I dualspec ret when not MTing, and am never tanking in a fight where I don't MT (switch fights so far dont require a situation with DSac

as for asking proof with my armory / wws, honestly, I gave what i thought was a helpful answer, and if it's thought garbage, throw it out. gone are the days where i care about someone who's so quick to call bullshit's opinion. SS or it didn't happen. lol. when its something i care about, maybe. but this is just to answer a small question someone asked. no need to be butt hurt because someone might be wrong on the internet :
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Korthelle

Well I got a 9k Hammer of the Righteous crit earlier today

Generally I'm about 2.2-2.6k DPS fully raid buffed on a single target tank n spank. (no encounter DPS boosts like XT heart). It's a small but noticable increase since 3.2, though my extra gear (T8.5 chest etc) will obviously be helping that.

whats 969 rotation mean?
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

Fucking deal with it.

skill on a 9sec cd (well, 8) eg consacration / holy shield / judgement
    alternated with
    a skill on a 6sec cd eg shor / hotr

Btw... not wanting to change passive talents for the better is not wanting to keep a playstyle, is being retarded. your playstyle doesn't change at all. just that, all of a sudden, you're better.

Just tossing this out there for comparison. Generally since the patch I have been sitting around 2.5k to 3.5k-ish. I think some can probably be considerably higher depending on the fight but I am generally in that gap. No wws to link though but I got an armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7jin&n=Kaladar

Recently I have been trying gemming differently to see if there are any differences between having hit cap and not having it. I tested being hit cap for 2 weeks or so, results were, not that big of a difference, still saw some misses, maybe not as much as it were before but i wouldn't consider going for hit cap, i currently sit at 198 hit 6.04% and it is more then enough , many Prot paladins sit between the 140-160 mark.

The problem with gemming and gearing into hit, is...

1- Stam gems are most likely being replaced, Stam = Health + Spell Power which = Threat.
    2- With the new gems currently out, the Enduring eye of zul are a wise choice , 10 ded + 15stam, decent stam and defense is a wise choice currently for more avoidance + the bonus health received when your Ardent defender CD goes off considering it scales with defenese
    3- Expertise tends to be a more important stat to go for, get a bit of hit with expertise cap and you will be a better threat tank. ( I Believe expertise cap is 26 ).

Only classes you should have trouble with threat with if youre well geared and a skilled tank are warlocks if they dont use any threat reduction abilities. My overall threat was better when gemming into stam / expertise instead of hit while still keeping that bit of hit, because like said previously your opening attacks on a dps burn fight you need to get that instant threat. Even without speccin into Seals of the Pure, i can hold 15-20k dps on fights like hodir. It is almost important to find gear with Block value, but not to much since there are diminishing returns on it nowé I am still not expertise cap but won't be for long.

Your threat shouldn't be to much of an issue so i mainly gemmed, enchanted , specced, geared into survivability, and currently out last any other tanking classes ive tanked with, 14+ stacks on Gorlok Northrend beast 25man, tanking Steelbreaker and Runemaster in a rune without dieying and tanking both of them for a long while etc. And don't forget as a tank , every little bit helps even if its really minor, those little minors adds up in the end as you tank. I currently sit at 554 Defense and its nice

And I myself sit between 2.5k - 3.5k depending on fights. ( Ulduar)
    I tank stuff.

Dodge EXP cap is 26 for all classes, including talents(which will show up on your char screen)
    Don't taze me cus I'm blue!

helpwwwwwwwad a ada da wdsd

Quote Originally Posted by Trishot
    Here's a WWS from me on Kologarn 25 man tanky spec.

http://wowwebstats.com/y6ez1ztewk2j3...=251194-298920

*Edit* Here's my armory btw: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Just%C3%AFce
    so according ur armory ur not def capped >_>

look at his shoulder enchant before talking.

The risk of parry haste is hugely overstated....hugely.

Really reckoning itself is fine in terms of parry haste (if you were that worried you should never hit the boss...really) - its problem is the fact it just sucks in terms of TPS still. Reckoning is 25.4 TPS per point - compared to say Crusade's 157.5 TPS per point. A single point in crusade is worth more than all 5 points in reckoning - that gives you the idea of how..poop it is.

DG however is worthwhile for any true maintank(adin). You will have situations where you will not be tanking entirely even if you MT every single fight. XT trauma can be bubble/DS'd by the tank until its about to be over and then cancelled for example - this sort of behaviour can allow guilds to bring 3 healers to XT HM. Mimiron P2 is not tankable...etc.etc...You just can't be in a situation all the time where its useless - compared to reckoning where all the time it is useless.

While reckoning is in all the top threat builds, its purely because some threat is higher than no threat - and these builds are barely higher than 3V + 3C builds.

Sacred shield should still be used even if you got a holy paladin casting it on you - cast it on a random person to reduce their damage, or hell on Hodir HM cast it on a mage that is specced for absorb SP so that they can break 20k DPS easier (tanking 20k DPS is fun when you dont get the cloud buff yourself).

In short - DG/SS ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by SjGotenks
    so according ur armory ur not def capped >_>
    no tank is defense capped since the CAP is roughly 7491 defense rating

He is uncrittable with the 15 res on his shoulders, but could do better with the sons of hodir enchant(probably doesnt have the rep for it) or even the 21 def 5% bv meta gem would be better

As for DG/SS
    I find that a 20 sec stun/interrupt with imp hoj to be invaluable