Isle of Conquest, 7 minute games

Most likely getting fixed like Alterac Valley was, so enjoy it while it lasts!

Many know of the strategy but once school is done and all the kids come home to play some World of Warcraft you can forget teamplay as most will just brainlessly fight for the workshop or camp and defend the keep. Noticed the best time to share the rush strategy was past 23:00 and before 15:00.

Anyway good luck!

Deleted

Re: Isle of Conquest, 7 minute games

It's kinda sad that the Bg has turned already to an Alterac 2 with brainless rusing :S

I didn't like the way the BG was played anyway. Just the scenery.
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Well they'll have to fix it if they want it as 'old Alterac'...

yep does suck.. they, yet again.. made it way to easy for one side or the other to win a bg. Im on horde and won one in 8min the other day... sad

One problem, as I see it, is that the Huge Seaforium Bombs are not consumed on use. This means, as mentioned, that attackers need only pick up a single Huge Seaforium Bomb and then hang out at the gate they intend to demolish. It would be more strategicless UNstrategic to make Huge Seaforium Bombs single-use only (as is the case in Strand of the Ancients). This would require para-troopers to constantly rush back-n-forth from the gate to the pile of Huge Seaforium Charges, and would be "easier" on the defending team players in the base. The defenders should have the advantage, not the attackers, and in the current implementation, not having Huge Seaforium Charges consumed on use is a big advantage for attackers inside the keep.

The Small Seaforium Charges, given the distance between the Workshop and the Keeps, might be okay as they are now, or perhaps should be limited to use 3 charges.
    I > U

15+ Year Old Account

I REALLY enjoy IoC tbh, I like the rushing. Maybe that's because Horde always wins on Blackout tho :P

Many know of the strategy but once school is done and all the kids come home to play some World of Warcraft you can forget teamplay as most will just brainlessly fight for the workshop or camp and defend the keep. Noticed the best time to share the rush strategy was past 23:00 and before 15:00.
    Besides generalizing being stupid, you realize it's vacation times, don't you?...

They need a BG that is just a long skinny hallway, 40 players on each side. To win you have to capture the flag at one end and run to the other with no cover. Should last about the time of old AV.

King of the Hill Match. ... (Crater Created from Cataclysm..?? for location??)
    Bowl shaped BG
    1 sole flag in the center.
    No obstructions.
    Team with most players within a certain distance of the flag start to earn points.
    First to 1600 Wins. To keep matches Long enough to be worth the honor and short enough to not be a waste of time.
    Spawns are located in all 4 corners.
    Teams will spawn together but spawn location will be one of the 4 corners
    randomly chosen every 30 secs.
    Teaches people to fight on the flag
    Still Resource based not hk based which promotes some team work
    no unbalanced sides everyone is equal. (terrain anyway)
    no one is lost on what the objective is.
    FORCED conflict. this is PVP not PVE
    Not PVE boss fights in PVP
    No walls to break down
    No vehicles
    Better know how to work as a group and know your class or prepare to be face rolled.

Remember that if you rush like that the horde have the better utilities available to defend with.

6 manned cannons, the graveyard is close by and with healers it's really not a too big problem, unless all of the horde are at the other castle just killing players and not really benefiting the team in general.

If you loose because some do the airborne mode then it's the other team that looses that must learn. It's not easy to also make the people use the airborne tactic either so it's not really like it's a big issue, usually 15-20 remain in the middle, go for other capture points or just defend so it's not like it ruins the whole game.

They will probably fix the issue making the games too quick by simply adding a limit on how many can get on the ship, with a 30 second timer you can't get a big wave of players in the keep at once, thus the 6 cannons that can be manned will be a problem for the attackers. A small tweak that fixes the rush and suddenly makes the game much longer (and for those that hate long games are just more pissed). :P

Also considering the recent fix that bombs must be re-looted then you can't really destroy the gates that fast and horde can get back to defend it, so it's not really a big problem anymore and the games will last longer than 7 minutes even with the rush tactic.

Its actually bugged on my server(maybe across all servers?) where Horde's bomb charges are used while Ally's aren't. So horde have to run back and forth while ally just spam their charges.

At least with IoC there is always a big fight at hangar. AV is stupid where you are purposely ignoring the opposing faction trying to get to the other end of their base without stopping and taking the GY. You could win AV without ever fighting another person which is the dumbest thing ever, and its in fact the fastest way to win.

Imo they should also give gold rewards in place of experience if you are already capped or don't have it turned on. It would at least create incentive for people who aren't leveling to try and get the extra bonuses from doing the objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    The bombs should not be reusable and you must get a new one from one of the 4 stacks (that now respawn a lot faster too). So you need to pickup a bomb, use it on the gate and run back to get a new one -until gate is down.

I hate this new BG, played 15, won 1. Its been equal numbers per group but alliance due to starting locations get to the hanger first and can cap it before horde even reach it. GG blizz, way to make a new BG where starting location and which base you cap makes all the difference. At least WSG, EoTS and SotA dont have this problem and its more of a 50/50 horde/alliance win ratio (well on my server anyway) Maybe when a stratagy is needed my server just fails? Who knows.

As for the bombs being one use only, I like this idea tho and would definitly make things more interesting.

those tacts have been jused from day one of IoC :P atleast on my battlegrp ^^

Sadly the Alliance on my battle group seem to think the Hangar is useless and zerg Docks -.-