Thread: Enhancement DPS

Enhancement DPS

Hello fellow shamans. I am Naqiria from EU-Dragonmaw, and i am enhancement shaman.
    I came here to ask one simple questions(please dont flame me). What dps should i do with my current gear?
    I werent in contanct with others enha shamans recently, and there is only one enha shaman in my guild. When i was in raid in naxx25 or uld 25 with my prot warr(main) he was doing, well not very good dps, i saw enha shamans with the same gear doing more than 1k dps than him...
    So basicly i can pull out 3,6-3,8k dps in a boss fight like sarth. Or i was in ToC 10 man today and through whole fight i had like 3,8k dps .
    I dont know it is high or low for my current gear, need to know opinions of other shammies.

Here is my armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nmaw&n=Naqiria
    Gear isnt the best, just collected some gear from our alt raids, but recently i am playing more on shaman than warrior.
    Will be glad if you can give me your suggestions.
    P.S: sorry for not good english

Re: Enhancement DPS

So... im going to say thing same thing thats been said 100 times. Use a RAWR and ENHSIM. these will tell you where you should be.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

As the above poster said, use EnhaSim or RAWR. But IMO ur DPS sound about right for that gear.

Oh and for the love of god... Do not use that Totem (Totem of Splintering) since its bugged as far as I know and doesnt do anything, and even if it did, it would still suck. Get your hands on Totem of Dueling or Deadly/Furious Glad Totem, they are way better.
    Or if you have access to Emblems of Triumph, get the one that has a chance to give you 200haste on LB hit.

15+ Year Old Account

Well your gear is better than mine and I do 3k dps on average so you should definitely be able to hit at least 3k.

15+ Year Old Account

I, unlike others, truly understand if Rawr or ENHSIM won't work for you no matter what you do. Seriously, I do. So for your spec/gear I would say you're in a good place. See if you can't get in some more alt 25 runs. There are some incredibly upgrades still available to you in Naxx and Ulduar. Particularly your weapons and shoulders.

If you can, run a few old level 70 raids for badges in order to pick up the Stonbreaker's Totem or pick up 25 Emblems of Valor for the Totem of Hex/Dueling. Any of those are better than the one you currently have. You've managed to keep your stats prioritized well, even without simulators, and that's very promising.

On another note, in raids be sure you have at least 2-3 paladins for all three relevant buffs: Kings, Might, wisdom (for the elemental/resto shamans). The other buffs should come naturally.

4k-4.5k is within your grasp! Good luck!

Grop imp GW and one from ansesteral knowledge for 3/3 imp shields, replace FT glyph with Feral spirit or shocking, Get the old lvl 70 totem (you can farm that in 30 minutes if you dont already have the badges), and farm up the conc badges for helm/chest. But with just swaping the glyph and spec you can do 4k easily. 4.5k more likely.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Farm the CRAP out of Heroic Trial of Champions because an awesome 219 ilvl 1hander drops there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogren
    Farm the CRAP out of Heroic Trial of Champions because an awesome 219 ilvl 1hander drops there.
    ^sligfhtly better than Angry dread. And it is one hnaded so you can get 2.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Didnt want to make anew thread so, sorry if I ninja yours. I got a shammy at lvl 78 atm, but I dont have any playtime on that account. I got pretty bored by dying against any enemy (except for mages andf so on) because of shamans lower HP people always had like 1-2k left after a fight. Anyways, this isnt about PvP only but general dps in raids etc. Is 3.2 a promising patch for an Enhancement shamans that loves both PvP and PvE ?
    ROGUES OP LOL
    Have you ever played a rogue? The only reason we are considered OP is because well... you suck.
    No other way to put it.
    No other class in the game has its "OH SHIT" button completely broken.
    No other class in the game WILL be killed in a single stun if they dont have a trinket.
    No other class in the game dies anywhere near as fast as a rogue with its cooldowns gone.
    No other class in the game requires more skill than a rogue.
    No other class in the game is as fun as a rogue, Therefore the majority of rogues who are good, have played a really long time and become good players, nothing will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimo
    Didnt want to make anew thread so, sorry if I ninja yours. I got a shammy at lvl 78 atm, but I dont have any playtime on that account. I got pretty bored by dying against any enemy (except for mages andf so on) because of shamans lower HP people always had like 1-2k left after a fight. Anyways, this isnt about PvP only but general dps in raids etc. Is 3.2 a promising patch for an Enhancement shamans that loves both PvP and PvE ?

??, you kinda came to the wrong thread to ninja, just make a thread asking the question, i wouldn't say read pvp FAQ's because they dont exist, you either have to pick up the info in threads while they exist or ask the question.
    Enh still doesn't really have the pvp burst damage necessary or much of the survival, though the patch helped a little

as for ur spec, it looks fairly good. you have hit and expertice caped so i know u read forums or at least research ur class. Not sure how much dps ur gona get out of windfury glyph, 2% has never been too appealing to me, specially with the mechanics of 3 sec cd. Id read levva's FAQ to get the best glyphs, i cant really remember them(never get glyph of shocking, never, theres already enough down time in a rotation and it does NOTHING for dps). Imp shields i dont think is the way to go with extra points, i remember hearing it didn't work out for the points it costs. only thing i could say is take point from ancestrial knowledge and put it into call of flame, difference is extra 5% on fire totem damage for an extra 8 intellect, pretty ezy move.

other than that, i would agree with ppl above, 4k is very close to your reach. but 3.8k aint so bad either, dont think it'll mean the difference between success and wipe :

nobody feed the troll above me anymore than i have, he needs to figure out how to make his own thread rather than jack someone elses.

Hello, i am here back again. Today i have sligtly different question. As you can see from my armory
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nmaw&n=Naqiria
    my gear has improved a bit, but my weapons sucks anyways. I have done 16 runs of toc hc for that mace in a row and i havent seen it dropped... Looks like i am very unlucky, saw shamans who had it 2x.
    But i came here to ask simple question, As you can see i have 2x valorous and 2x conqueror equipped. My question is, Is it worth to Switch my valorous chest for conqueror chest and lose 10%dmg on lightning shield? or conqueror chest will not improve my dps more than 2p T8 bonus?
    I will appreciate any help. Thanks

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by affroman
    Hello, i am here back again. Today i have sligtly different question. As you can see from my armory
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nmaw&n=Naqiria
    my gear has improved a bit, but my weapons sucks anyways. I have done 16 runs of toc hc for that mace in a row and i havent seen it dropped... Looks like i am very unlucky, saw shamans who had it 2x.
    But i came here to ask simple question, As you can see i have 2x valorous and 2x conqueror equipped. My question is, Is it worth to Switch my valorous chest for conqueror chest and lose 10%dmg on lightning shield? or conqueror chest will not improve my dps more than 2p T8 bonus?
    I will appreciate any help. Thanks
    Have you actually downloaded Rawr and tried this for yourself?? The sims exist in part to prevent people flooding the forums with "rate my gear" questions. I'm locking this thread. The answers you need are in Rawr and EnhSim.