Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Prot PvP Warrior.

i only pvp on my prot war because my shammy dies to fast
    and as i'm 1v1 i wont lose and i don't even have good gear
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

Quote Originally Posted by ram2rol
    Then don't use it in arena, it's not hard, but this spec wasn't really made for arena, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. and in case you didn't read my other post.

(just felt for adding):
    Read the title of the thread....
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Read the title of the thread....
    yes, but PvP isn't always only about arena. Besides, I never said it wouldn't work.

!Just don't Press Heroic Strike in arena if you really think you will starve for rage!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That was my point :P

Quote Originally Posted by ram2rol
    yes, but PvP isn't always only about arena. Besides, I never said it wouldn't work.

!Just don't Press Heroic Strike in arena if you really think you will starve for rage!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That was my point :P
    No, but PvP is PvP anywhere. You are limiting your damage and consuming rage by using Heroic Strike and glyphs for it. Plus its better to talent for improved rend than it is to talent for improved heroic strike. Heroic Strike is a PvE skill only IMHO
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Thanks for the nice advices Terrybogard. I agree with you.

15+ Year Old Account

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...&version=10192

Prot PvP specc. Has everything you basicly need for defense, optimal offense, and maximum rage efficency (for damage that matters).

Gear revolves around heavy block value, with massive crit gemming, something like 18.67% crit with this specc + gear. Currently rolling with something like 3082 block value unbuffed,, 30-35% block, 12% dodge and parry, 6.17% hit if I recall. Using Greatness Card, or Lavanthor's Talisman when it's off cooldown, paired with the hit rating pvp trinket Titan-Forged rune of Accuracy or w/e.

Using Edge of Madness currently for mh for maximum Devastate damage, accuracy enchant (planning on getting Carress of Insanity in time), Shield of Ruin + Titanium Plating. Shockwave on 17s CD for more control power, disarm damage bonus for extra damage after sunders stacked + Recklessness + Shield Block/Talisman or Greatness procc + Battle Stance for ultra shield slam crits.

In a nutshell.

This is more or less Marcko's specc, Prot Orc Warrior (The only Furious Glad prot warrior far as I know). Armory him.

15+ Year Old Account

Ideally, if you get the rating of course, Furious 1h Slow weapon is BiS for the specc. Mimiron's Repeater for ranged slot, for more crit, some haste, more STR for block value/scaling AP. :P

Markco of Onyxia is in Furious Gladiator range as a Prot warrior. He stacked block value gear and had I think 20 resil up until last patch. He made it to 2508 atm but has been as high as 2550 prior to 3.2. He now uses Strength to maximize all his damage as opposed to just buffing his shield slam damage. (Because of the nerfs to Bloc Value and Shield Block).

Just armory him I believe he's still attempting to get higher so he can stay in glad range.

OH their combo was Prot-Warrior and Ret/Holy Pally(Shockadin with repetence) up until the latest patch, now it's Prot Warrior, Prot/Holy Pally(Silence/shieldadin)

15+ Year Old Account

Is it better than crit stacking? I dunno. Lose like 5-7% crit not gemming it in favor of strength. Though when you do crit I guess...

If you want another profile to check gear, armory Blechdose (EU). We're at 2531 right now, 2550 earlier but +1 wins and -18 losses make me go sadface. Its war/dru though but the gear is probably the same.

Quote Originally Posted by seron
    If you want another profile to check gear, armory Blechdose (EU). We're at 2531 right now, 2550 earlier but +1 wins and -18 losses make me go sadface. Its war/dru though but the gear is probably the same.
    you got to 2k5 only as prot?

So it HAS potential?

But 200 resil, Dot classes must eat you alive no? I bg in prot gear and its my main problem, this and low damages.Since your almost in full PVE dps gear must be better as DPS matter. But how do you manages Spriests and Afflic locks (even if i admit there isn't a lot of them out there).

And what is a good block score? i see that your full Uldu25 gears doubt will be able tog et everything you has.

Edit : This Markco guy logged out in Arms gear/spec

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    you got to 2k5 only as prot?

So it HAS potential?

But 200 resil, Dot classes must eat you alive no? I bg in prot gear and its my main problem, this and low damages.Since your almost in full PVE dps gear must be better as DPS matter. But how do you manages Spriests and Afflic locks (even if i admit there isn't a lot of them out there).

And what is a good block score? i see that your full Uldu25 gears doubt will be able tog et everything you has.

Edit : This Markco guy logged out in Arms gear/spec
    1v1, Warlocks and Shadow priest are pretty simple. Rage is plentiful, charging, 40+ bloodrages, more charge. Fight more or less goes spell reflect spamming if not in melee, keeping hamstring up, sunders maxed, interrupting lengthy casts if you can't spell reflect for extra damage. Conc blowing and Shockwaves for interrupts, Shield Slamming as much as possible. Almost impossible to be kited between hamstring, charge, and intercept. With 18% crit in this settup, everyone dies fast in BG's. And if I get low, use last stand/shield wall/enrage regen macro. You should never die if you have a healer, and you constantly interrupt casts properly.

There is that block cap on Shield Slams, so stacking block value may not be the best way to go anymore. But still on mid to no res targets, my shield slam crits on plate to clothies varies from 4k to 19k spectrum after sunders/disarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen
    1v1, Warlocks and Shadow priest are pretty simple. Rage is plentiful, charging, 40+ bloodrages, more charge. Fight more or less goes spell reflect spamming if not in melee, keeping hamstring up, sunders maxed, interrupting lengthy casts if you can't spell reflect for extra damage. Conc blowing and Shockwaves for interrupts, Shield Slamming as much as possible. Almost impossible to be kited between hamstring, charge, and intercept. With 18% crit in this settup, everyone dies fast in BG's. And if I get low, use last stand/shield wall/enrage regen macro. You should never die if you have a healer, and you constantly interrupt casts properly.

There is that block cap on Shield Slams, so stacking block value may not be the best way to go anymore. But still on mid to no res targets, my shield slam crits on plate to clothies varies from 4k to 19k spectrum after sunders/disarm.
    Ok thanks. So ill guess i just need a way to find a 25 man Naxx and pray to be lucky, or try to go in a Ulduar 25 pug (wich is the rarest thing on my server =/).
    But 20% Shield block souldn't be decent? I go T8 Chest and helmet.Got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45322 and I'll have http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45842 soon.

As a weapon i have the coliseum 5 man heroic DPS hammer : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47508#comments
    Thanks for your answers guys .

Damn i want EU servers to come up =/.

DoT classes can indeed be a problem with such low resi, altho I can't remember ever meeting a Spriest in arena outside of PTR.
    "Rage is plentiful, charging, 40+ bloodrages, more charge." is not an answer to instantly applicable, spammable damage spells that chew through your lack of resi.
    You can't keep them from casting those instants forever, especially because you need to save stuns and silences to switch to healers from time to time in an attempt to burst them up. And once the DoTs are up the pressure on you gets high, untill you eventually fold because the damage becomes unhealable or the healer runs oom.
    They simply deal too much damage once the game becomes long.

Only chance to win is to burst the healer up when he doesn't expect it - and the lock doesn't keep you from doing so, or burst the lock up while the healer is out of LoS/within melee range so you can interrupt. So you basically have to rely on the enemy's bad play.

Also "But 20% Shield block souldn't be decent?" is not a question.
    Block RATING is worthless, Thus the T8 helmet and Cloak of the Iron Council are worthless too.

The stats you want for PvP are:
    Hit untill capped
    Block VALUE, not rating
    ArP
    crit
    str

more or less in this order
    I'm not sure yet how prioritise/balance ArP and BV after patch, but one thing is fo sho: BV stacking works past the "cap".

Stats like defense/dodge/parry/block rating do not belong into PvP.

Thanks for the few clarifications about stats Blech .

But i'm looking at it. Having an half decent block value gear seems a bit hard =/. And what is that BV ''cap''?

Thanks for the few clarifications about stats Blech .

But i'm looking at it. Having an half decent block value gear seems a bit hard =/. And what is that BV ''cap''?
    From the last patch notes:
    Shield Slam: The benefit from additional block value this ability gains is now subject to diminishing returns. Diminishing returns occur once block value exceeds 30 times the player's level and caps the maximum damage benefit from shield block value at 34.5 times the player's level.
    According to the patch note, SS damage would stop scaling at 2760 BV, but that's not the case.
    How things really are no one knows. I personally think that the DR stops at 2760 BV.

And yes its not easy getting a top notch prot PvP set, but with the easy access to badges you can already get enough PvE gear to make prot work.

The most annoying thing is to get good rings/cloaks, for everything else you can just use PvP gear if you really cannot manage to get a PvE piece.
    The PvP rings/necks/cloaks however are terrible for prot, as they give AP instead of str.

Yeah i agree with ring/cloaks/necks. But i got a nice neck in ToC hero with block Value.Cloaks and rings ill just use DPS PVE ring with Strengt if i can't find BV ones.

And ill probably end up running with 2 or 3 pieces of Deadly. (Gloves head and shoulders probably) But its only to start and actualy fully test if i like this.I don't aim for crazy rating.

But actualy 2760 BV is kinda huge. a good pieces gives ~~150. So no worries about that =/.

And ill probably end up running with 2 or 3 pieces of Deadly. (Gloves head and shoulders probably) But its only to start and actualy fully test if i like this.I don't aim for crazy rating.
    you can buy T8 DPS head and bladebreaker gauntlets or whatever they're called for ArP with badges

and the BV cap is easily reached with shield block up