Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: At what point does Command become better than Righteousness?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    numbers says no
    and single target = SoV with one hand tapped in the back
    I know that SoV is a single target seal, but only for fights longer than 20 seconds. I am talking about SoR, they tested this to be better than command on a testing dummy, which I claim is an unrealistic encounter. cause first of all, if you are in a situation where you are attacking something that long and not moving you SHOULD be using SoV.
    I've been through it all...
    kings used to be the 31 point talent
    could out heal priest specced full ret
    Mages didn't know repentance existed (Why can't i Blink!?)
    People would post the cleanse meters instead of healing meters in MC
    Losing a roll on Light Forge BP to a warrior.
    Winning a roll on Helm of Valor against a warrior.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Glorian
    I know that SoV is a single target seal, but only for fights longer than 20 seconds. I am talking about SoR, they tested this to be better than command on a testing dummy, which I claim is an unrealistic encounter. cause first of all, if you are in a situation where you are attacking something that long and not moving you SHOULD be using SoV.
    SoC scales with gear and get better then SoR at ilvl254, until then you might see big crit out of your soc but it deal less dmg then a fully talented SoR

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    SoC scales with gear and get better then SoR at ilvl254, until then you might see big crit out of your soc but it deal less dmg then a fully talented SoR
    Even with the ilvl 254 gear its all just speculation that SoC will be better. Yes, while SoC has a huge modifier on weapon damage, SoR just scale WAYYY better with gear. Honestly I dont see SoC becomming better. But that remains to be seen. Ill grab the formulas and post some math.

Click to see my Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Eternityrolls
    ooh, okay, i didnt know that SoR scaled with gear and SoC ONLY scales with Wep. ty for the info!
    Ya, I mean a guy a few post up on the very same page as you only posted a quote from EJ explaining EXACTLY why SoR is better than Command :

Basically SoR has better scaling with gear, SotP talent, glyph, and the judgment hits significantly harder. An extra 100 dmg per seal with Command versus an extra 1000 dmg on your judgment every 8 seconds with Righteous doesn't really compare. Not only that though, there are just tons of ways to further improve Righteous like the talent and glyph.

Even if the double seal proc on Righteous judgments is a bug (starting to wonder if it really is, Blizz has had ample time to fix it and still done nothing nor addressed it...), it only accounts for an extra 100-150 DPS. While that is quite a bit, it's not like it will make or break the seal.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meag333
    Even with the ilvl 254 gear its all just speculation that SoC will be better. Yes, while SoC has a huge modifier on weapon damage, SoR just scale WAYYY better with gear. Honestly I dont see SoC becomming better. But that remains to be seen. Ill grab the formulas and post some math.
    honestly think the same, but i wont able to test it anyway
    no guild = no go

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    Ya, I mean a guy a few post up on the very same page as you only posted a quote from EJ explaining EXACTLY why SoR is better than Command :

Basically SoR has better scaling with gear, SotP talent, glyph, and the judgment hits significantly harder. An extra 100 dmg per seal with Command versus an extra 3000 dmg on your judgment every 8 seconds with Righteous doesn't really compare. Not only that though, there are just tons of ways to further improve Righteous like the talent and glyph.

Even if the double seal proc on Righteous judgments is a bug (starting to wonder if it really is, Blizz has had ample time to fix it and still done nothing nor addressed it...), it only accounts for an extra 100-150 DPS. While that is quite a bit, it's not like it will make or break the seal.
    Fix'd.