ArPen or Agility gems?

Ok 'according' to the gurus at EJ once you get 4pc. T8/8.5 it's time to ditch all the ArPen/AP gems and go splash some cash on all agility gems, right?
    The weird thing is that for me at least it was about a 300dps loss. Anyone else tried this as I notice that a lot of rogues are still sticking with ArPen gems even when they're not mace specced?

Re: ArPen or Agility gems?

Quote Originally Posted by Timujingeo
    Ok 'according' to the gurus at EJ once you get 4pc. T8/8.5 it's time to ditch all the ArPen/AP gems and go splash some cash on all agility gems, right?
    The weird thing is that for me at least it was about a 300dps loss. Anyone else tried this as I notice that a lot of rogues are still sticking with ArPen gems even when they're not mace specced?
    Afaik you shouldn't drop ArP gems if almost all your equip has ArP on it, only if you've got a good mix.

That aside, whether it's really a loss or not can only be told by a spreadsheet, as things like "I did xyz last week, changed my mouse, now I'm doing xyz+q, how come?" aren't very trustworthy.

Spreadsheets are right, for the most part. With 4/5 T8, the agility promotes more rupture crits. ArP does not affect your ruptures, so I do not know why you would see improvement using ArP gems over AGI gems.

When there are only two samples to take data from, the results cannot be taken seriously. Listen to the spreadsheet, AGI for 4/5 T8.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

Since 3.2 went live I started with max agil first and found out my DPS dropt small. Now I'm starting to collect ArP gear and still stack agil gems and its worth it!
    My DPS has increased, but by exchanging agil for arp (Not the gems but gear).

I'm still unsure whats best, but I do think ArP spreadsheeting is worth itif you got Grim
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

Yea it's weird as the spreadsheet says that Agility is a big improvement over ArPen, but real-world testing says otherwise. The only conclusion I can to was that as the ArPen affects all your white damage and that is a big chunk of your damage it is a direct effect. Whereas the extra crit to your rupture damage is only minor in comparison to the white damage.

Quote Originally Posted by panda911
    Spreadsheets are right, for the most part. With 4/5 T8, the agility promotes more rupture crits. ArP does not affect your ruptures, so I do not know why you would see improvement using ArP gems over AGI gems.

When there are only two samples to take data from, the results cannot be taken seriously. Listen to the spreadsheet, AGI for 4/5 T8.

My only question atm is, does ArP work on Fang of Knives? :
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstelkid
    My only question atm is, does ArP work on Fang of Knives? :
    Why shouldn't it, last time i checked it was physical damage... O_o