Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: "Additional Instances Cannot Be Launched, Please Try Again Later."

Quote Originally Posted by Drazjar

All and all i am not enjoying this and i'm not getting where i'm paying for (as everyone) Though it's up to blizz to fix this, it won't make me quit this game also that's BS..
    Statements like this are the reason it has not been fixed yet.
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Here is my big issue with this. Blizz knows this is an issue. We have all experienced it, and perhaps it is something that will take awhile to fix. So what does Blizz do? In 3.2 they made the problem worse. By changing the emblems to Conquest, they have everyone flocking to already taxed instances. It seems almost irresponsible to encourage the activity when they know it is a problem.

They add the new emblems to heroic dailies, so everyone is at least runing that daily. I have not been in a heroic for months until 3.2. Now we are chain running them gearing up guildies who are behind, and alts so that we can have other toons without a raid lockout (I have 4 80s).

What they have done is caused us to slam already taxed servers. Doesn't make sense.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    Now we are chain running them gearing up guildies who are behind, and alts so that we can have other toons without a raid lockout (I have 4 80s).
    So wait becasue you want to have something in your guild you are blamining Blizzard for making you help guildies that are behind? why didnt they get off their lazy butts and do the work earlier?

Im kidding... I was curious about this also. They probably had the "change" in place and wanted to push it out instead of holding it up.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

It's not that, it's the fact that this retard of a person is causing a flame war over something Blizz is trying to fix, but it requires a LOT of hardware, and peoples time to test and maintain. For simple math, let's just say that each realm, has a instance server that can do 500 Instances at one time. The Instance doesn't matter, but still, 500 groups all together. that's 2500 players, which, depending on the realm, is a lot, or not many, once that limit has been hit, no more can be made, until one is closed out. It makes sense to me, probably because I just typed it. If they were to add one additional instance server per realm, and for math, lets say there are 200 US realms (I know, thats not right) that would mean 200 more servers, at X price, taking Y time to implement, and Z dollars to maintain

Quote Originally Posted by BigSarge04
    It's not that, it's the fact that this retard of a person is causing a flame war over something Blizz is trying to fix, but it requires a LOT of hardware, and peoples time to test and maintain. For simple math, let's just say that each realm, has a instance server that can do 500 Instances at one time. The Instance doesn't matter, but still, 500 groups all together. that's 2500 players, which, depending on the realm, is a lot, or not many, once that limit has been hit, no more can be made, until one is closed out. It makes sense to me, probably because I just typed it. If they were to add one additional instance server per realm, and for math, lets say there are 200 US realms (I know, thats not right) that would mean 200 more servers, at X price, taking Y time to implement, and Z dollars to maintain
    Number one, no one is starting a flame war. We are just stating our thoughts on the issue, that is what forums are for.

Number two, this issue has been around for a long long time. I am a test manager for IBM so I know what hardware upgrades require in terms of testing. This issue could have been fixed long before this content patch if they had just invested the money and the time. The point we are trying to make here is that it is currently not worth it for Blizz to invest that much money and time into this because they are not losing any money.

I do not blame Blizz for that, they are operating as any other corporation would. I just want to see the people that are upset about it actually do something. I also want to inform the uninformed, the people that think that Blizz can easily fix this or that it is Blizzards fault. It is always the consumers fault when a monopoly is formed, especially when that monopoly is over the market of a luxury item as opposed to needed items (food, water, shelter, etc...).
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

WoW is old.
    Wow uses old server client
    Blizz trying to make game more challenging and fresh by adding new game mechanics.
    Unfortunatelly it consumes alot of hardware source.
    So number of instances work simultanously were cut compared to bc, to keep lag on tolerate level.
    Im pretty sure of that.
    Wow works on HP blade servers. 5000 blade servers. It is hard and expencieve to UP them all.
    There would be easier and cheaper to redesign or rewrite whole wow server client to work in different
    no so much hardware consuming way.
    The same situation is with graphics. You need damn top end pc to run wow in high details and even that wow cant be compare to other games where you dont need so good hardware.
    Why because wow client engine is 10 years old.