Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: BlizzCast Episode 10

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken
    This talk is like spanish soap opera, you can read alot and you find very little concrete and meaningfull
    Well... This is how politics work.

Talk much, say nothing and what you say is probably a lie anyways.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Zarhym: [laughs]
    Zarhym: Right.

Who hired this clown?

And through sheer force of will they end up being like, “hey we did this the first on our server.” Then there’s other players, it’s like, “well we’re just as skilled as they are, but we don’t have that much time.” So we came with this concept of, “well, what if you only had a limited number of attempts that you could actually do these Heroic encounters?” That way the people that have huge amounts of time are sort of on equal footing with those who don’t have as much time even though they might be the same skill. So with that in mind we said, “well, then how do we reward that?” Like, “how do we reward skilled people who can do these encounters without wiping too much who really execute well?” So the tribute system came out in the Heroic version of Trial of the Crusader, which we call Trial of the Grand Crusader.
    This has got to be the dumbest answer ever. How exactly does one become good at something? Yeah, he or she practices a lot, which leads us to the simple fact, that those who play more, will eventually be better than those, that play less.

Certainly theres something like "Talent", but it´s just dumb to use this as an explanation for the ´Casualization´ of the game.

It's a transcript. Try actually listening to it.

15+ Year Old Account

I am not liking this "conflict" between the Horde and Alliance. It seems forced and fueled by the collective stupidity of their members.

Oh well, lorelol.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pokchop
    It's a transcript. Try actually listening to it.
    It's still funny to poke fun at

Quote Originally Posted by Stybba
    This has got to be the dumbest answer ever. How exactly does one become good at something? Yeah, he or she practices a lot, which leads us to the simple fact, that those who play more, will eventually be better than those, that play less.

Certainly theres something like "Talent", but it´s just dumb to use this as an explanation for the ´Casualization´ of the game.
    Or someone that can learn faster than you instead of wiping 200 times? Something tells me your threatened by this because you might not be top dog anymore on your server. Or that it just makes it easier to poke fun at elitist guilds that can't even finish a single hard mode encounter?

Where is the linky? nobody wants to sit and read all that, come with the audio damn?.
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

so they think better rewards for skill is = fun?

you know what i think is fun? deviat supreme, archmage vargoths staff and the classic noggenfogger elixir... well they were fun back then and are, compared to most of the other stuff around at this time, still quite fun. and the important thing is, you dont have to grind for them for a month like an obsessed maniac, no you get to enjoy that fun stuff with little to no effort its like a win/win situation.
    dont get me wrong, i also think that the engineer-mount is fun or some of the other awesome-looking mounts... but its all coming together with throwing in a hellofa ton of effort and in the end you get a ride that you dont really need then anymore because youre done grinding for that particular thing 8>.

hm i could write more but guess what, its not fun 8>

Typical blizzard interview with no decent and on the now topic questions, anyone who plays wow semi deepish knows all that, and btw who even self flys to basin to do dalies lol.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Quote Originally Posted by AoBman05
    I am not liking this "conflict" between the Horde and Alliance. It seems forced and fueled by the collective stupidity of their members.
    How is that different from any other conflict in human history, fact or fiction?

---------------

[/quote]and they want to play the stuff that we’re showing. They really want to play Diablo III. You know, they’ve heard of that and really want to play that.[/quote]

OMG D3 playable at Blizzcon? FUCK I want to go now.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins

Who hired this clown?
    "How dare he laugh!"

Edit: see you joking down farther, but yeah, I thought the transcript of the (mild) laughter was funny

so basically they have made all of this up , attempted to tag it to tiron , and hand out free epix with bugger all to do with the lore.

welcome to blizzard 2009.

Trag Highmountain is there who’s a character who has kind of a big grudge against Arthas and he’s sort of showing up in this sort of final preparation stage as well.
    Hell yeah, just finished reading the Warcraft Legends manga about this guy. I need to Wowhead it now, find out where he is ingame :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus
    so basically they have made all of this up , attempted to tag it to tiron , and hand out free epix with bugger all to do with the lore.

welcome to blizzard 2009.
    Hint: lore is made-up. It's not real man!

Icecrown Citadel might have 31bosses in it, Sweet Pie! ^_^

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?cn=Keymaster&r=Stormrage

That was, sort of, you know, a good interview.

Zarhym reminds me of that xD guy.

wow, that podcast was just an awkward occasion for them to tell themselves
    - we did a good job with 3.2, hats off guyz - with those guys in the lead, we might expect UNEXPECTED stupid turn of event.
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

Wow Blizzard doesn't even know why the tribute system is good, The reason isn't because good people don't get to win, it's because now idiots who wipe on the fire aren't allowed to waste our time, but what do i care i quit...