Living Bomb how easy it can be fixed!!!! Blizzard please hear us!!!

Ok so i already rolled a warlock after 3 years with my mage i also got a dk, i think right now mage got boring. The warlock's trees are so well designed and have been redesigned as addecuate. Mages erm!! we still have combustion!!!!! Its just not fun anymore.

I was happy with ptr, and the LB buff. I mean really that put us right there with locks and maybe rogues(rogues are way up there). But anyhow it was fun to hear my "Mage Altert" loud and clear more often proc'ing Hot Streak. After less thatn 24 hours!~~~~ nerfed!!. That just did it for me. I just dont understand why Blizzard keeps making so many changes to other classes and mages just get nerfs everytime we get a buff it gets nerf in less than a week. we are still so behind in dps compared to other pures, and talents like Combustion just simply suck!!.. The fire tree and arcane tree need complete redesign in many of the talents..

How come a warlock use the same tree for arena, the same tree for pvp, and the same tree for pve. Its all "well designed " and u could almost use identical specs!!

I just wanted to clarify here guys that the Living Bomb nerf was too much. I quickly rolled a warlock and im done with my mage full T8.5 until new changes or next expansion. How come everyone of us mages got so many great ideas and blizz cant think of a good one??

Here....
    ... How about you change the glyph of Living Bomb. Redesing Living Bomb. LB~~ instead of needing the glyph for ticks to be critical just make that a base stat for Living Bomb. Now redesign the glyph this way... Living Bomb periodic damage criticals can now proc Hot Streak but it can't now only be cast on a single target.

there problem fix!!!!!! so easy a hotfix can do it lol

Its just a simple fix and u can please all mages. If they want to pvp or use LB for AOE then they dont get the glyph. But if u are one of those mages like me(and most of us) that dont pvp as Fire because Fire sucks as PVP!! and shouldn't what so ever be used for this.. then us mages get the glyph cause we are more into single target dps.
    Its the best of 2 worlds... why not please us like this??
    Its not difficult to do this as its not difficul to nerf us in 16 hours!!!

Re: Living Bomb how easy it can be fixed!!!! Blizzard please hear us!!!

Mages are behind in dps? That is news to me, most times when I raid the mages are at the top of the list along with destro locks and rogues. Also, I am so sorry that you are always getting nerfed death knight paladin one second, what class is the QQ about again? ah yes, mage, it must be so difficult playing the only class that gets nerfed. /sarcasm
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Wanna join me in the sandbox :P! I GOT TOYZ

....respecc if your not happy
    profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Deos
    LOL Rogues with light bulbs.. WTF blizzard, that kinda makes so "much sense" for stealthy ninjas. Why dont you put neon strings there, ringbells all around and a spinning flashing police lighbulb projector on the head "weeeeu-weeeeu-weeeeu, rogue incoming!!", that would hit the nail srsly

I have to agree with you: This Living Bomb buff after 3.2 hit the servers was really cool, but it was also way too strong. I simply had to just keep the Living Bomb on every target in range and use my Hit Streak proc, no need to cast Fireball or anything else.
    The decision to just keep the multiple targets and not the proc was in my eyes also not the best decision Blizzard made, but living bomb is now more useful then it was before 3.2, since nearly every encounter in the endgame raids (Ulduar, Coliseum) has some trashmobs to put Living Bomb on. And there you go: Extra dps, maybe a crit in the last explosion, proccing Hot Streak.
    Your suggested change for the Glyph would be really good, I already had the same idea ;D
    But even without this Glyph, we mages are still strong in PvE and we can compete against hunters, warlocks or rogues.
    I don't think the arcane and fire trees need a whole redesign, since both are fun to play, the only change I would like to see is a reduction of the rng-factor in both trees.
    In arcane, Blizzard should maybe increase the chance for the Missile Barrage proc or bind it to critical strikes like fire and overall buff the damage without overbuffing the burst.
    Fire would really benefit from a Hot Streak every time a fire-spell hits critical, even if there are non-criticals in between, or by providing more crit from talents, so we have more Hot Streak procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    Mages are behind in dps? That is news to me, most times when I raid the mages are at the top of the list along with destro locks and rogues. Also, I am so sorry that you are always getting nerfed death knight paladin one second, what class is the QQ about again? ah yes, mage, it must be so difficult playing the only class that gets nerfed. /sarcasm
    Well if u do the numbers yeah!!!!!!! we are the lowest pure dps class!!. An equally gear rogue or warlock will just out dps us. In any case "blue gear warlock still can even us at dps" why???? Fire is just RNG.. there is no guarantee like thw warlock spec where u with good haste will just do extremely well every time.

And its not a qq post. Im just suggesting a very simple and efficient way to please mages who actually dont care about LB in multiple targets. For your information if u call pallys nerfed, than why are they tops in arena????.. why did bliiz just said that prot pally heals are better than holy heals?? lol!!! Pallys have been fine since 3.0 as for dk's . Mages got arcane nerf to the ground in 3.0.9 and just this past week.

As for the class.. im just saying comparte to other pure classes (dps wise) it might need some redesign in some parts of the trees. "a talent like combustion" its just outdated!!.

In all....... mages are a pure dps class they should do as equal dps as a warlock at least... not 5-7% less. Utility wise we are fine, pvp i think they r fine although the normal average player wont do good in arena with a mage, you really need some skills

If we are a pure dps class we should not be out dps (sometimes) by hybrids!! a warlock never has this happen to him!! RNG!!!!

By the way i think what i suggested for LB its just a great idea. Re designing the glyph can help us in so much ways cause i dont care about my LB doing damage in multiple targets but i would care about my LB giving me 2-5 more Hot Streaks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    Well played lock or rogue destroy's mage DPS in most fights. If your rogues and locks aren't pwning the mage by atleast 500dps they suck. Mimiron is a caster DPS's patchwerk, non-gimmick and ranged are usually on top on this fight and i'm still about 400-500dps behind our destro lock and always in 2nd place on this fight.

The only thing worth noting in this thread is the OP's overuse of exclamation points. You don't need 10 exclamation points after every sentence!!!!!!!!!!! It's annoying!!!!!!!!! It makes you seem like an overexcited jr high school girl!!!!!!! Please stop!!!!!!! Unless you are an over excited jr high school girl, in which case enjoy!!!!!!!

Also, more emoticons!: : :

lol..

you automatically assume that the nerf was pve based for dps balance?

5v5..

with 5 fire mages

25 living bombs in 5 gcd's all proccing hotstreak over.. and over..

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    The only thing worth noting in this thread is the OP's overuse of exclamation points. You don't need 10 exclamation points after every sentence!!!!!!!!!!! It's annoying!!!!!!!!! It makes you seem like an overexcited jr high school girl!!!!!!! Please stop!!!!!!! Unless you are an over excited jr high school girl, in which case enjoy!!!!!!!

Also, more emoticons!: : :
    I've always had a question wich i might think most players can assume ? Do you by any means have a life?? lol! you enter a post (wich u dont have to unless ur gona read it cause it interests you or cause your gonna have an efficient answer! If not than entering threads just to post these things is a sign of absoluteley no sex life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <------ wich bothers you most the exclamations or the lack of sex ?

Quote Originally Posted by mmokiller007
    I've always had a question wich i might think most players can assume ? Do you by any means have a life?? lol! you enter a post (wich u dont have to unless ur gona read it cause it interests you or cause your gonna have an efficient answer! If not than entering threads just to post these things is a sign of absoluteley no sex life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <------ wich bothers you most the exclamations or the lack of sex ?
    I'm not even going to try to read that mess of spelling mistakes and grammar errors. I assume you're talking to me since you quoted me, but I don't know which language you are responding in. If you have questions for me please ask them in english. Thank you.

Well if u do the numbers yeah!!!!!!! we are the lowest pure dps class!!. An equally gear rogue or warlock will just out dps us.
    It pisses me off that u forgot hunters
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor
    lol..

you automatically assume that the nerf was pve based for dps balance?

5v5..

with 5 fire mages

25 living bombs in 5 gcd's all proccing hotstreak over.. and over..

/thread
    Again please read before posting! Dont u see its not a qq post or nerf this nerf that ect.. Im just saying why cant blizzard do a simple fix instead of nerfing a talent due to pvp stuff. Ur right its Op in PVP yeah so?????? does that mean nerf it all the way in PVE??
    Of course not!! read the thread again,, im stating why not make a glyph change!! That way it all stays the same except if we use the glyph than we can proc Hot Streak is a simple change wich again.. helps those that dont care about "Multiple Targets" and it also prevents the talent to be OP in PVP. Its the best thing Bliizz could do. It was maybe thought about it cheezz!! a Lead designer has to think of these things!!
    Its just they dont care and its cheaper and easier for them to make a hot fix and nerf the talent, than to go ahead take some time and really fix it. Thats the problem they've had with the mage class. They dont fix the class or by any means, talents, they just go ahead and either nerf it or just completely ignore it. Maybe their are just not enough mages in those "10 million accounts" for blizz to giv a @!$ about them.

If a warlock, rogue, warrior, any class has low arena representation or low pve dps ect, they quickly release a patch to make em work better. If a mage has low arena representation, they either let you "live with it" or they nerf our burst to make things worst. They really never adress an issue and fix a problem with a mage, they just let it be or nerf it in less than a day!!. It took a whole season to nerf dk's and rets.. wich ret nerf was not complicated at all.

It took just 16 hours to nerf the mage... a buff wich had be running in the PTR's for long, why not nerf it then?? Maybe its just a way to get us happy, see the patch, and continue playing while beeing @!$$ up.

... With this said its obvious.. the mage class has been left behind and it has not been fixed blizzard knows it and now they want to change the Arcane tree. bull#!$ just get done with the fire tree fix it so we can also be tops while equally geared.. then go to the other trees. If not ur just making all trees worst, never viable, never tops, just another mage looking up the charts...

Ok so i already rolled a warlock after 3 years with my mage i also got a dk, i think right now mage got boring. The warlock's trees are so well designed and have been redesigned as addecuate. Mages erm!! we still have combustion!!!!! Its just not fun anymore.

I was happy with ptr, and the LB buff. I mean really that put us right there with locks and maybe rogues(rogues are way up there). But anyhow it was fun to hear my "Mage Altert" loud and clear more often proc'ing Hot Streak. After less thatn 24 hours!~~~~ nerfed!!. That just did it for me. I just dont understand why Blizzard keeps making so many changes to other classes and mages just get nerfs everytime we get a buff it gets nerf in less than a week. we are still so behind in dps compared to other pures, and talents like Combustion just simply suck!!.. The fire tree and arcane tree need complete redesign in many of the talents..

How come a warlock use the same tree for arena, the same tree for pvp, and the same tree for pve. Its all "well designed " and u could almost use identical specs!!

I just wanted to clarify here guys that the Living Bomb nerf was too much. I quickly rolled a warlock and im done with my mage full T8.5 until new changes or next expansion. How come everyone of us mages got so many great ideas and blizz cant think of a good one??

Here....
    ... How about you change the glyph of Living Bomb. Redesing Living Bomb. LB~~ instead of needing the glyph for ticks to be critical just make that a base stat for Living Bomb. Now redesign the glyph this way... Living Bomb periodic damage criticals can now proc Hot Streak but it can't now only be cast on a single target.

there problem fix!!!!!! so easy a hotfix can do it lol

Its just a simple fix and u can please all mages. If they want to pvp or use LB for AOE then they dont get the glyph. But if u are one of those mages like me(and most of us) that dont pvp as Fire because Fire sucks as PVP!! and shouldn't what so ever be used for this.. then us mages get the glyph cause we are more into single target dps.
    Its the best of 2 worlds... why not please us like this??
    Its not difficult to do this as its not difficul to nerf us in 16 hours!!!
    In regards to your post about "warlocks being able to use one tree for everything" is a terrible design. That is boring as fuck. Warlocks have some terrible problems atm(one being the demo tree being complete shit).

And here we go again. See, the original poster is doing something that I believe most of the mage community may have overlooked as an assumption. Are we to assume that rogues, warlocks, DK's, hunters are fine the way they are? If anything atm, paladin doesn't really have a DPS raiding spec. Their damage(correct me if I am wrong here) is not that great, and most paladins either have to heal or tank for raids. I do not believe blizzard thinks hunter/rogue/warlock/DK DPS is where it is suppose to be. They might think it is too high. Unless you can show me in the Q & A a hint that this class is balanced in some way. They only hinted at that for mages.

Still, I can see the nerf happening anyways, if blizzard decides to nerf the other pures, and then we get hit with the nerf bat. They don't do much to us, and they tinker a lot with the other classes. I say be happy that they don't touch mages much.

You know what? I don't want another DPS boost coming from RNG bullshit. I know mages aren't measuring up to other pures in terms of raw DPS output, but the fact that Blizzard changed something would seem to suggest they understand we have a problem. Screw whatever stupid shit Ghostcrawler says, he's basically a politician trying to diffuse tension in the community with cryptic half-answers and thinly-veiled sidestepping that leaves everyone exasperated and dissatisfied, so everything he posts is garbage as far as I'm concerned.

A small DPS boost is probably going to be necessary -- if not now, then certainly by the time Icecrown hits and scaling problems become much more visible. However, just throwing mages a bunch of extra Hot Streak procs is a sloppy, lazy, careless way of going about it. It's bad enough that we have RNG-based-RNG essentially making or breaking our DPS, but throwing more eggs in that basket is simply fucking dumb. I'm fine with losing the Living Bomb buff if something better comes along later.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Well that "later" would be maybe.... 1 year from now????? our issues have not bean dealt with like with other classes and i dont think blizzard has in mind anything new for mages PVE wise in a long time. Ghostcrawler talked about arcane and he evntually said mana is not gonna be fix, just a little dps. Mana not fixed??? is he $%#@%! serious. Right now if i could at least( as arcane) do 5 arcane blast in a row before Arcane Missiles Arcane would be right up there. I dont understand Blizzar'ds way of fixing mages. I just think they have fail over the past seasons and patches and they have yet to make a good change for the good of the class.
    For now , dont expect anything soon, i dont think they will do any change soon as the nerf was so fast, we might stay like this until next "big patch" or maybe expansion.

Right nwo imn having fun leveling up my lock, much easier, better design, and just freaking fun!!.. So sad!!!

I was happy with ptr, and the LB buff. I mean really that put us right there with locks and maybe rogues(rogues are way up there). But anyhow it was fun to hear my "Mage Altert" loud and clear more often proc'ing Hot Streak. After less thatn 24 hours!~~~~ nerfed!!.
    Wheres my enhancement buddies who felt the pain of having MS for 1 week on the PTR, Am I Rite??
    That was just long enough for me and my Frost Mage to RoflStomp a Druid for once... *sighs*
    On topic"
    this is a really common issue tha blizz has, they have a really cool idea, impliment it without internal testing and then, after getting your hopes up, nerf the fudge out of it

Yeah! im starting to think thats the way of blizzn and its designer to actually have some fun..
    .. " Hey what you guys think of this,, lets giv a buff to mages now in the PTR like like really nice, then they think we buffed them(sigh) buajjjaajaj and at the release we fukin nerf them tl hell!! guys!! what u think ..

.. yeah come on .. grab some bears and nerf the #$!$ out of those mages..

ja ja ja ja.. guess they just trip about it while we wine!!!
    lol
    mages for blizzard = just a joke!!