Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Has anyone else noticed DK tanking issues?

Quote Originally Posted by richay
    paladin is the best tank in the game by miles if you take cooldowns out.
    Factor in new cooldowns and they are again best.

DKs were ONLY used in ulduar by big guilds because of the cds. They were a mana sink before, now they are a combat res sink too. They were, and even more so now, the worst of the 4 at taking damage.

Been doing many tries on yogg0 recently. DK in bis gear vs an average geared offspec prot warrior. DK tank died multiple times, warrior never. I assure you this isn't skill.

DK can also die inside cds in silence too because the damage reduction is so fucking bad compared to all other cds.

i had lol which world do you live in?.... this is worse then RET paladins whining about the 3.2 seal changes...

You say paladins are the best Tank if you take CD's out might be true if you dont calculate Ardent defender as a cooldown but....

Then what is this NEW CD's if AD isnt a CD? :O?

I suggest you read. I don't even understand wtf your last line has to do with anything i posted.

I said:
    - Paladins take the least damage of all tanks without cds. This was also the case before patch, even more so now.
    - Paladins also have the best cds in the game now.

Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutareteiru
    This past sunday night after our 25m clear we decided to go for algalon on our 10m. Normally we have had our DK tank it along with our paladin tank and the DK does extremely well. He has over 50% avoidance and well over 47k 10m raid buffed hp. We noticed early in our attempts that he was dying very quickly and the paladin tank was not taking nearly as much dmg. We have been doing algalon attempts for about 3 weeks now and this has always been the other way around where the dk was taking alot less damage. Upon further inspection it seems the dk was dodging and parrying at a rate of less than 10%, meaning we did a look at his logs and verified that through 7 attempts he only avoided 1 per 10 swings. Is this a bug and have any other dks noticed this?

Things to note:

#1 - Yes he has been a tank for a long time and knows his class well
    #2 - His spec is correct and his gear is alot of BiS and our guild is a 25m hardmode guild.
    #3 - He was burning cooldowns correctly and he has been tanking this for 3 weeks without problems.

algalon hit fast really fast, so paladin with 4k-5k block value its a better option vs DK
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

First: Already been said, but stop using a non-shield tank for Algalon. It's the only fight in all of Ulduar that actually favors block.

Second: The only issue I've noted from DK tanking lately is that they're no longer the default tank for almost every hardmode out there due to ridiculous cooldowns. Other tanks actually have a chance now.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

During raids, my avoidance is around 50 - 60% depending on luck which I've gotten my report from northrend beasts and Jarax. Prior to 3.2, I've been told I was one of the easiest tanks to heal and I was still copping shit from healers. Now I feel just as bad as our Warrior OT and we use a Pally as MT but I can tell you Pally are the best tanks in the game right now. I also don't want to tank because if I die, it's my fault and I've copped shit from healers saying "His got good hp but no mitigation". Now with the HP nerf and other stuff, I feel like the worse tank and almost like the Warrior tank in 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladur
    well you have been OP for 6 month =).

oh btw we alrdy seen the first paladin tank nerfs comming^^(TPS only though)

The tankadins did need a Buff since we lacked a CD. and DK isnt over nerfed they just being brought down to nonegodlike lvl.
    /shrug, like pal wasn't OP at all when at the beginning ok WotLK?
    Literally they were the most OP class in the history of WoW. Killing *anyone* within 1 stun if no trinket.

Infinite mana....etc.

But of course, DK's being a new class were powerful bothers you. (yes, new class would need to be adjusted, but this nerfing like every patch is ... disheartening)

Yea i think something is bugged cause i dont dodge and parry hardly anything

ok so i have been playing a dk tank since the release of wrth so i know my class and am geared well tanked 25 nax and 10 man ingris before 3.2 and have done well.

i have tolerated all the nerfs we have gotten but now its just ridiculous i tried to tank 10 man toc tonight and died 3 times and a warrior who is less geared than i managed to tank him just fine i think its the combination of the armor and health nerf plus my avoidance due to the agility nerf went down too im still at 50% avoidance though not sure whats going on but im not happy

I just tanked Algalon on 10-man last night, didn't have any issues at all. We used warrior + DK, in pretty similar gear level, and we didn't notice any significant difference in incoming damage between the two.

The only time we got low(ish) on health was when we got an unlucky hit streak combined with a star dying. Otherwise Algalon's damage wasn't an issue at all.

To the OP: either your DK is doing something wrong, or you're blowing him up. DKs are fine, even after the nerfs. I've tanked almost everything in Ulduar after the DK nerfs (XT hard, Council hard, Thorim HM, Freya HM, Mimiron HM, Vezax HM, Yogg+1) on both 10 and 25-man, and it wasn't much harder to keep me up than it was before.

Last time I checked, my effective healing from Death Strike was more than what the paladin blocked. Talking about "easy stuff" like XT, Hodir, Vezax, Thorim, Colliseum and Stuff.

well i just went blood i was frost and from what im reading its all the frost dks with the get hit twice and die effect hopefully blood helps out with that

meaning we did a look at his logs and verified that through 7 attempts he only avoided 1 per 10 swings. Is this a bug and have any other dks noticed this?
    Sounds more like a case of unlucky RNG than anything. It would happen to me on rare occasions even back when i was an OP tank.

The difference is that before a DK had the EH to survive a bad RNG streak, nowadays a bad streak will kill the DK due to the nerfs.

+1 on the "healers fell asleep with a pally tanking" comment.

Also, most of these comments are endgame level complaints. You should see me trying to tank uld10 on my DK. It's pitiful.

Ive tanked as a DK pre 3.2, found the class to be very good for threat and survival.
    Currently running heroics alot of the healers have asked me if im Def capped. Its quite embarrasing that most of this is out of my hands and that im getting normal hit for around 8-10k in heroics. Even a better geared DK in my guild is noticing that hes getting hit way to hard for a tank of his gear level.
    Ive had to change my frost tanking build to Blood with an emphasis on self healing. Im still getting hit for those numbers, but im relieving the stress from healers.

Just my two cents

My avoidance is around 53%, in the 10 man ulduar I ran it was around 44.5%

I'm playing a healer (priest) and I noticed a change in damage-taking only in heroics. In raids, all the DK tanks I healed were doing fine. But in heroics, I don't know why, they take an awhful lot of damage.
    Weird stuff o.O

Quote Originally Posted by edgetastic
    I'm playing a healer (priest) and I noticed a change in damage-taking only in heroics. In raids, all the DK tanks I healed were doing fine. But in heroics, I don't know why, they take an awhful lot of damage.
    Weird stuff o.O
    Yeah I seem to be taking more damage in heroics than in raids. it is something that I cant explain.

I actually noticed something similar carrying my RL friend in h-toc.
    My DK was at 43k hp with just kings and fortitude and i brought the shaman healer oom in the 3 champions fight.
    The next day, my friend was tanking and had much less gear than me as a pally at only 32k with the same buffs, the healer never went oom and from my grid raid frames, it looke he never dropped below 60% life.

Deleted

dnno if this is of any help, but, erm, diminishing returns. don't they pretty much make any amount of avoidance past 45% useless? or well, not completely useless but you get my point.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by richay
    I suggest you read. I don't even understand wtf your last line has to do with anything i posted.

I said:
    - Paladins take the least damage of all tanks without cds. This was also the case before patch, even more so now.
    - Paladins also have the best cds in the game now.

Period.
    Paladins also take 5% increased healing D:

The amount of Rune Strikes that my DK is getting is significantly lower than before.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.