Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Holy Wrath Hotfix, Recent In-Game Fixes 08/09

Update - Added Trial of the Grand Crusader Difficulty Hotfix

Holy Wrath Hotfix
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    We just deployed a hotfix to modify Holy Wrath so this spell has the same diminishing return mechanics that other player stun spells and abilities currently have. This will prevent Undead creatures that we wish to be susceptible to stun from being permanently stunned if you include enough Paladins in your raid who then rotate their Holy Wrath casts.

This will affect the difficulty of Anub'arak, but we didn't want the "right way" to defeat this fight to involve bringing five Paladins who glyphed their Holy Wrath spell.
    Trial of the Grand Crusader Difficulty Hotfix
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    We just hotfixed the following changes to the Trial of the Grand Crusader (aka Heroic mode).

Northrend Beasts
    • Fixed a bug where the flag that prevents a creature from gaining attack speed after a parry was inadvertently left off Gormok the Impaler. This bug is fixed in normal mode as well.
    • Increased the amount of time players have to defeat the encounter before Icehowl berserks.
    • You have an extra half second to get out of the way of a very angry charging Yeti. Players with high ping rejoice.
    • Icehowl will become tauntable. (This particular element isn't hotfixed quite yet, but should be shortly).

Lord Jaraxxus
    • Infernal Eruption will now spawn an additional Felflame Infernal the instant the eruption occurs.
    • Nether Portal now summons Mistresses of Pain slightly more often.
    Recent In-Game Fixes - September 2009 - 09/08
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

• For both 10- and 25-player heroic modes, the Felflame Infernals and Mistresses of Pain will spawn a little quicker in the Lord Jaraxxus encounter.
    • Gormok the Impaler no longer attacks quickly after a parry in any difficulty.
    • Icehowl takes a bit longer to enter the arena in 10- and 25-player Heroic modes.
    • Icehowl takes longer to berserk in both 10- and 25-player Heroic modes.
    • Relentless Gladiator ranged weapons damage has been adjusted to the appropriate value for their item level.
    • Holy Wrath now has diminishing returns and shares this with all other stuns.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy Wrath Hotfix, Recent In-Game Fixes 08/09

Trolling about Stars/Paragon and QQ about hardmode buffs/nerfs will earn everyone in here permanent ban, like that guy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Didn't take long.
    lol

lol fast nerf from blizz. This week we will see hundred more guild down northrend beast and move on to twin

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Hotfixing Holy Wrath but not hotfixing the actually broken Ret T9 2 set bonus.

Oh well. Roll on 3.2.2

C
    x

oh noes a nerf. woe is me now i cant validate my life by beating a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelic
    Hotfixing Holy Wrath but not hotfixing the actually broken Ret T9 2 set bonus.

Oh well. Roll on 3.2.2

C
    x
    At least its just your 2set.. and not your 4set like DKS =(
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

PWN'D!
    hahahhaahha wow .... just wow good idea tho
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde
    I see 5 palas in Star's recount. I am assuming they used this stunlocking tactic. I dont see Paragon using this. Gz again to paragon for not 'exploiting' for want of a better word.
    cause we all know soul stoning 15 people is intended, amarite ?

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    At least its just your 2set.. and not your 4set like DKS =(
    if you have your 4 piece already(and are getting full ilvl 245 like you should) the glitch should be the least of your problems...
    Waiting on Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde
    I see 5 palas in Star's recount. I am assuming they used this stunlocking tactic. I dont see Paragon using this. Gz again to paragon for not 'exploiting' for want of a better word.
    Idiot loot at this

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ubparagon1.jpg

What is the "Timer[stun]" ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by dannzi
    cause we all know soul stoning 15 people is intended, amarite ?
    Stars strat was better then the SS strat, =/
    Waiting on Cata

I think Daelo lost his bet and now hes pissed!

Is everyone skipping over the part where they actually made the 2nd encounter a bit harder?

Lord Jaraxxus

* Infernal Eruption will now spawn an additional Felflame Infernal the instant the eruption occurs.
    * Nether Portal now summons Mistresses of Pain slightly more often.

That seems more like a buff there than a nerf

Wow, my guild finally starts downing stuff only a select amount of guilds down and then it gets nerfed. I personally thought Northrend Beasts was tuned pretty well.

At least Jaraxxus was buffed, but that fight was pretty trivial and should be buffed a little more.

Looks like Stars will have to start levelling up those warlock alts now that the only other way to kill Anub'arak was hotfixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvae
    Looks like Stars will have to start levelling up those warlock alts now that the only other way to kill Anub'arak was hotfixed.
    Same for paragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato
    Wow, my guild finally starts downing stuff only a select amount of guilds down and then it gets nerfed. I personally thought Northrend Beasts was tuned pretty well.
    The beserk timer on Icehowl is fairly well tuned, but the nerf to the charge was needed, there was just too little margin for error for an instant "you lose" ability, especially for players who don't have super low ping.

I love people who complain the game is becoming too easy. To release content, even hard content that less than 1% of people can complete is just a very bad business model. It could always go the other way you know with hard modes so hard that noone completes them.

I enjoy a challenge, and I enjoy having "FUN" playing with guys n gals around the world. That should be more of a focus than "OMG they nerfed hard modes now 1.3% of everyone who plays this game can maybe beat it" I always think they should make it so 10% of guilds can do it and then put a crazy achievement with a nice mount/pet/tabard/whatever as the reward instead.

Im an average person and I enjoy that fact, I focus on living my life and enjoying what pleasures come my way. If they dont then its aLSO ok. Maybe people should start looking at Wow for what it is - A game for lesuire?

Quote Originally Posted by Wait
    Same for paragon.
    they already did
    Waiting on Cata