Thread: 2 questions

2 questions

1. about 5mans. no mob lasts more then 30 sec.. even bosses for that matter... do u think SoV is a bad choice for 5man?

2. i've herd from another pally (good dps one aswell!) that once 5 stacks of vengence are up her rotation changes from HoW>crusader strike>judgement>divine storm>concecration>exo
    to judgement>crusader strike>HoW>divine storm>exo>con. she says it works well for her, and i can see the logic in it. question is, is it true that its better? (i got a raid to test this out tomorow to know for sure, but an answer right now wont hurt )

sorry if these questions been asked b4, i just couldnt find an answer

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 2 questions

HoW is always first from what I've heard and between judgement and crusader strike it depends on what libram your using.

PvP librams give crusader strike a higher value since you shouldn't let the AP buff run out.

I'm not sure tho i'm holy 95% of the time >.>

15+ Year Old Account

FCFS is FCFS
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    FCFS is FCFS
    and that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

first come first served

whichever comes off cooldown first - hit it.
    use a priority order to choose when 2+ come off at once

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick
    and that is?
    When 5 stacked CS > Judge > HoW > DS > Exo (if 100% crit) > Cons > Exo > HW (> HoR but not anymore)

and about the 5man seal? any answer?

Quote Originally Posted by lichy
    and about the 5man seal? any answer?
    righteousness. You should be using this seal a lot.

yes you need to switch between both.
    i for instance carry 10 glyphs for both seals in my bags and switch a few times a night -.-
    and i think it was stated on EJ somewhere that you would lose dps if you put J>CS.

i know i should switch, infact, i did 3man VH heroic last night with my 2 friends (i was the only dps) and i managed to pull allmost 4k dps.. but there i was the only dps so the bosses lasted more then 20-30sec

what im asking is when im in a group with good DPSers, when bosses last about 20 sec.. should i just use SoV or not be bothered to switch at all

then just chainpull to have 3+ mobs at all times and use SoR :P
    well i guess they (ej) discussed it somewhere how long the mob has to live after you have 5 stacks to surpass SoR, but iam to lazy to look for it now, iam sorry.

their math isnt allways right for every occasion

I don't even bother using SoV in heroics. With talented and glyphed SoR, it would take a long boss fight(at least a minute) before I'd realize a difference in damage done. That's also assuming there aren't extra mobs within range of DS for the extra seal damage.

In fact, I find myself using SoR more during raids than SoV. I might seal twist for different phases, but my go-to seal is righteousness.

i can see why u would use SoR in raids for trash, or adds with little hp, but i do hope u dont use SoR on bosses in raids:P

The difference between SoV and SoR in 5mans is pretty significant, but the fact is... its still just a 5man. Because the mobs die so fast, I'm just gonna be rolling SoV from start to finish.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    The difference between SoV and SoR in 5mans is pretty significant, but the fact is... its still just a 5man. Because the mobs die so fast, I'm just gonna be rolling SoV from start to finish.
    Pretty much. The only 5 man where hard Deeps is needed is H ToC, and the mobs there last long enough to stack 5 stacks of HV anyhow (maybe except the second group of "trash" pulls).