Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

General Vezax Encounter Changes

Icecrown will NOT have 31 Bosses
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    I put in the Yogg achievement with what I hoped was a ridiculous stand-in number. Clearly it wasn't ridiculous enough because players were variously excited or worried that it was a real number.

Then in an example on how we don't want raids to rotate in tanks, I wanted to pick what I hoped was a ridiculous number so that players wouldn't try and and deduce from my answer how many bosses Icecrown has.

Sadly, my sarcasm doesn't translate well to the forums.
    General Vezax Encounter Changes
    Originally Posted by Crygil (Blue Tracker)
    We wanted to make players aware of several changes made to the General Vezax encounter upon the release of patch 3.2, which weren't noted in the official patch notes.

These changes affect both 10-player and 25-player modes. First off, when considering the hardmode of the encounter, the mechanics were overly favoring groups that made heavy use of Restoration druids (Omen of Clarity procs) and “Enhancement” shamans using healing gear (Shamanistic Rage and Improved Stormstrike) to circumvent the mana restrictions. Omen of Clarity will no longer proc for Restoration druids, and Enhancement shamans receive a healing debuff similar to the ones Retribution paladins have had since the encounter’s initial implementation.

Recognizing that this would make the encounter far more difficult for raid groups that have come to rely on those mechanics, we also made changes to ease the overall mana burden when attempting the hardmode. The health of General Vezax and the Saronite Animus was reduced by roughly 25%, and the Animus will now spawn after six Vapors, down from eight, assuming none have been killed.

In addition, prior to 3.2, General Vezax could be very erratic in the use of some of his abilities, leading to long gaps between Shadow Crashes in particular. His behavior in this regard is now more consistent. As a side-effect of this change, in 25-player mode in particular, he will also cast Searing Flames slightly more often – whenever his Fire school isn’t locked out by player interrupts, essentially. Finally, because the “more consistent” Crash use ended up being a bit on the frequent side, a minor hotfix recently increased the period between Crash casts.

Re: General Vezax Encounter Changes

OoC was OP on vezax.
    And with nothing more than a whimper, the sig faded into the void.
    Please read our Sig/Avatar rules here.

its a bit of a buff for certain raid groups tough, i myself heavily favoured ooc adding a massive 70 dps to the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Phresh
    Moar nerfs!
    I'm not happy untill every singel raidboss is tank'n'spank.

Casual, I am.
    "Recognizing that this would make the encounter far more difficult for raid groups that have come to rely on those mechanics"

Its a buff to the fight from it previous state. Dumb people are dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Gitax
    Giev us epics for free naow! :Z
    You ain't too bright, are you?

Edit: was sorta hoping for more people like gitax and phresh. I wanted more complaining about "catering to casuals" from people who had never seen the fight

Lifebloom with Hopy of Spark ist op too:|

Awh man, we just got to Vezax, and now they give him buffs :P
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

funny how they announce this after i stand behind him last night in hard mode, tree punching, trying to proc OOC and it not happening and being like wtf!?

Quote Originally Posted by Phresh
    Moar nerfs!
    I'm not happy untill every singel raidboss is tank'n'spank.

Casual, I am.
    Well done for self-owning yourself as a clueless moron. Try to actually understand a statement from Blizzard before you suggest that nerfs have happened. You might want to, for example, examine how Omen of Clarity and Lifebloom work together for a Resto Druid in relation to the Vezax encounter...

Retardedly stupid people are retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Actually these are nerfs!

And all of these were well reported by players, gj community.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

Actually, it's a huge nerf to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by morfy88
    funny how they announce this after i stand behind him last night in hard mode, tree punching, trying to proc OOC and it not happening and being like wtf!?
    You're right, That Is funny :>
    Active worshipper of Ackis Recipe List.
    Enchanting formulae : 296 / 296 ( Completed on 6/7-2010 )
    Cooking recipes : 168 / 169. ( Bring back Thistle Tea for us non rogues )

15+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    I put in the Yogg achievement with what I hoped was a ridiculous stand-in number. Clearly it wasn't ridiculous enough because players were variously excited or worried that it was a real number.

Then in an example on how we don't want raids to rotate in tanks, I wanted to pick what I hoped was a ridiculous number so that players wouldn't try and and deduce from my answer how many bosses Icecrown has.

Sadly, my sarcasm doesn't translate well to the forums.
    Dozens of Jormungars are crying in agony.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Yeah, they're nerfs, the hard mode is incredibly easy now
    BAMF.

The change to Searing Flames was interesting. We usually go with a 2 team interupt rotation with 2 people in each team but after 3.2 he was casting Searing Flames consistently before the interrupts had come off CD's. Had to use 3 interrupting teams to ensure success.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Sadly, my sarcasm doesn't translate well to the forums.[/blizzquote]
    Why did you remove his smiley? That's falsification.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

The melee have more stuff to do, that's a great change IMO. Now its not Patchwerk 2.0 for melee. Also, tree punching and other strangeness (My guild was asking me to go Enhancement at one point for the fight... I was like, "wtf?") being removed is great. Not sure if I like the nerf, but I guess its there so that Vezax doesn't become a lot harder to those who were reliant on cheese to beat him.

It's embarrassing that the community actually took that 31 bosses comment seriously.

Come on people, how stupid do you have to be? IT'S GHOSTCRAWLER!

Quote Originally Posted by m0jjen
    "Recognizing that this would make the encounter far more difficult for raid groups that have come to rely on those mechanics"

Its a buff to the fight from it previous state. Dumb people are dumb
    No, it's a huge nerf.

i was actually sorta excited for a huge instance, but w/e ill get over it, hopefully they dont make the bosses suck