Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Are disc priests dead in arena?

I'm a shaman in Sham/Uh DK and my partner has been soloing Dpriests unusually quickly since the patch while i just freedom-wolf kite their partners.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

15+ Year Old Account

I haven't been feeling any great difference (fighting them). I didn't watch the patch notes for Priest tho but is it that big?

so the only change that would even matter in arena is the cooldown of penance went from ten seconds to 12. gamebreaking??

buffs to other classes are nerfs to disc priests.
    Don't taze me cus I'm blue!

helpwwwwwwwad a ada da wdsd

They tried to fix priests by buffing shamans kek

Quote Originally Posted by khlg
    Disc priest arn't great in 2v2 but still they are still great
    in 3v3 just play RMP.
    Priest are probably the best healers for 5v5 atm nearly
    all 2700+ rated teams have a priest on their teams.
    So no disc priest is not dead in arena.
    I'm sure he wasn't using hyperbole at all. Obviously no class is DEAD in arenas...there were still a few warriors getting carried by druids in s5. You still see spriests at 2200+. dpriests are pretty unstoppable against dk's and ret pallys. But in a fight against a warrior or a rogue...your main heal (which keeps getting it's cd raised cuz it's too 'op') is basically a giant KICK ME sign taped to your back. Bubble=purged (or broken in 1 or 2 hits), pom=purged (earthshield takes 9 dispels, pom is still 1...). The game's gotten way too reliant on "do we have a ms? do we have a kick?", which is pretty much what decides whether or not a healer team wins or not. (druids and shaman excluded of course). After prot gets nerfed we'll see if the beacon changes are any good...if so we'll still be right on the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by Killapoo
    so the only change that would even matter in arena is the cooldown of penance went from ten seconds to 12. gamebreaking??
    Actually that extra 2 seconds of CD is pretty dehabilitating not gonna lie.... But actually overall my ratings have gone up with the patch... inspiration buff ftw?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

hmm, imo disk priest didnt get nerf, i've plaied arena those days and the thing is imo, Disk priest without Rouge isnt good, same as Rouge without disk priest isnt good. so the one who make priest stronger is the rouge, and the rouge and the priest who make the rouge stornger..
    cuz i faced yesterday people in arena, rouge and druid or rouge and prot pala in holy gear, it was REALLY easy fight as me dest lock
    also yesterday a disk pri with ret pala, also really easy fight, imp ret pala need buff, cuz as me dest lock i defeat him easly, unlike warrior. *charge, charge, charge* =P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Yep. Every disc priest I've seen in an arena is dead...

Just kidding - I have nothing useful to add to this discussion.

playin' 2on2 as warri/disc and my disc said he only has to use a few more flash heals. that's the whole deal. tbh it went better than before. couldn't wish for another partner. it's perfect atm.
    Deal with it...

PWS Prevents damage rather than heal though damage.
    Pain Suppression
    Power Infusion

Some okay Burst.

Disc is fairly strong in arena.

Imo penance nerf was unwarranted.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    PWS Prevents damage rather than heal though damage.
    Pain Suppression
    Power Infusion

Some okay Burst.

Disc is fairly strong in arena.

Imo penance nerf was unwarranted.
    lol? i remember seeing a post here about which is better disc priest burst or spriest burst? disc priest burst is rediculous for a healing class (they are an offensive healer of course)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    Yep. Every disc priest I've seen in an arena is dead...

Just kidding - I have nothing useful to add to this discussion.
    Nor do ai but upping powst cownt iz good 2!

Actually my priest partner (I'm a rogue) has been running into problems. Mainly against a class I never thought was going to be a really hard counter. That's a shaman.

Enhancement is able to put tons and tons of pressure on him, more so then I can apply to his healer, along with his new silence and massive amounts of damage (when wolves are out it's ugly), he has to basically spam heal himself to no end to live through it til the wolves are gone, then it's easier. However once the wolves are gone, he's so low on mana and out of cool downs it's simply a matter of his healer (who has had an easier time) lasting longer.

And resto shaman's are impossible to close with if a DK is present because of the new ghost wolf change. My priest partner cannot mana burn a resto shaman, with resil at 1k making mana burn worthless and water charges giving back more mana per mana burn, they will not go oom, nor do they have to run around b/c of CoI and DG if grouped with a DK.

Shamans imo might very well be the best arena healers, even over a prolydin. They are much harder to shutdown and impossible to mana burn.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dufoe
    IMO disc priest didn't get nerfed. I've played arena and the thing is, a disc priest without a rogue isn't good. Same as a rogue without a disc priest isn't good. So the one who make priest stronger is the rogue,and the priest makes the rogue stronger..
    I faced people in arena yesterday, rogue and druid or rogue and prot pala in holy gear, it was a REALLY easy fight as my dest lock
    Yesterday, I also fought a disc priest with ret pala, also really easy fight.
    IMO ret pala need a buff, because as my dest lock I can defeat him easily. Unlike a warrior... *charge, charge, charge* =P
    fixed a little for my ES(T?, F?)L friend

Quote Originally Posted by Garrim
    Actually my priest partner (I'm a rogue) has been running into problems. Mainly against a class I never thought was going to be a really hard counter. That's a shaman.

Enhancement is able to put tons and tons of pressure on him, more so then I can apply to his healer, along with his new silence and massive amounts of damage (when wolves are out it's ugly), he has to basically spam heal himself to no end to live through it til the wolves are gone, then it's easier. However once the wolves are gone, he's so low on mana and out of cool downs it's simply a matter of his healer (who has had an easier time) lasting longer.

And resto shaman's are impossible to close with if a DK is present because of the new ghost wolf change. My priest partner cannot mana burn a resto shaman, with resil at 1k making mana burn worthless and water charges giving back more mana per mana burn, they will not go oom, nor do they have to run around b/c of CoI and DG if grouped with a DK.

Shamans imo might very well be the best arena healers, even over a prolydin. They are much harder to shutdown and impossible to mana burn.

your priest needs to fear as soon as the wolves come out on him... also you should be on the shaman until all his cds are blown and to make him play more defensively. also after the fear you can dismantle the shaman for more shutout on his damage... have your priest just los after he fears and then pop evasion if he switches to you
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

This topic made me lol.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz
    I actually feel ashamed for beating other teams and getting my Furi weap.
    nice to see a paly saying it... thanks man

i actually play a priest at very low rating (1400) since it's just an alt for fun... yeah it was fun some times ago, in TBC... now that i leveled it to 80, up the resi to 850 i feel totally clueless when facing most of the teams, whoever i play with...
    i'm seeing all best priest rerolling something else for pvp, nice...

Quote Originally Posted by mapp
    lol? i remember seeing a post here about which is better disc priest burst or spriest burst? disc priest burst is rediculous for a healing class (they are an offensive healer of course)
    Disc also has the lowest mana efficiency and is killed the easiest.
    No, I don't play with a disc, I play with a restodruid.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Not much changed since the patch for my Disc priest (1300s bracket). I bet its harder at higher brackets, but I can only guess.

Same troubles against surviving against strong double melee through a cc, even with pain supp. Mana issues vs other teams with healers still an issue - outlasting is not an option. Still frustration with mana burn as the only matches that seem to use it are against other priests where we are just spamming mana burn at each other ...LOL!

An interesting change this season is that teams generally try to kill me (priest) instead of cc me and kill my partner (hunter). Its not like priest has many mechanics to break cc. So maybe there is something to that.

On the positive side, still able to deal some decent dps burst when needed and can heal fine when not cc'd.