Tier 8 vs. 232 t9

Since i don't raid 25 frequently and Colluseum has only 5 Bosses and people are going wild and spending all their dkp on tokens i will mostly won't see a 245 t9 ever.
    Im still gearing up so i have the option t8 with Conquest Badges and some Ulduar or T9 with Triumphbadges and some Colluseum 10. They have the same itemlevel so im asking which is better in terms of set boni, itemization.
    Tier8 would also have the advantage that i can get it faster&easier and spend the triumphbadges on some other stuff.

Re: Tier 8 vs. 232 t9

T8 is 226 while the lowest T9 is 232 however it looks like most of those extra itemlevels on the T9 stuff are spent on stamina and not much else. Unless the set bonuses on the t9 make up for that I'd say T8 would be better.

crits on rupture > 5% crit to some abilities + stam

imho

well i have the luxury of 25man raiding, however ive decided to go for armor pen in this tier, im gonna use only 2 items from t9, and with lots of luck at drops and gems i might be able to reach 1232 armor pen rating and see how it actualy works;D imo 4xt8 is better, and breaking it with 2xt8 and 2xt9 isnt worth it, but better ask a spreadsheet for more details

Ah, forgot that t8 is only 226.
    But will buy t8 for badges anyway and trying to get another 2pc through ulduar/emalon since it will take some time until i even have enough badges for 2pc t9.

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis
    crits on rupture > 5% crit to some abilities + stam

imho
    The 2 piece clearcasting bonus is quite nice, however. It depends on proc rate, but it may be worth it to upgrade from t8 to t9.0 even for dropping rupture crits.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

Forums like this are dangerous because people who have no idea what they are talking about share their misunderstanding with others and create confusion. Tier 9 is superior to tier 8, and no one should be surprised by this.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    Forums like this are dangerous because people who have no idea what they are talking about share their misunderstanding with others and create confusion. Tier 9 is superior to tier 8, and no one should be surprised by this.
    I honestly cannot think of a better set bonus that critting ruptures. Because you will be dropping that, you must make sure that the upgrades are real upgrades. That being said, t9 probably is better, but not until 4 piece, MAYBE three piece because of the loss of rupture crits.

Well first off your say your comparing T8 vs T9(232) which would be from the 10 man runs then in the OP you start talking about gearing up with conquest badges. Now maybe your not aware of this but Conquest emblems are turned in for T8.5 gear. So comparing T8.5 gear against T9(232) your not going to see a huge difference and it may be better to keep your 4 set bonus with ruptures critting.

However if you look at the T9 25man Reg. or Heroic especially heroic it has a ton more agility on it hands down. And if you know even more about how rupture works you would then know that the more Agility one has the higher rupture is going to tick for. So in all reality gaining the armor pen from the new gear and the higher agility numbers your ruptures will still do relatively high damage and your regular strikes would do a ton more damage with and extra 5% crit to go along with all the armor pen. you will be getting on the new gear.

If you want to stay stuck in the past and not give up T8.5 gear for T9 then your just like all the clients that us Tech guys write new programs for.....Complain about having to use something new even though it is better and once everyone else starts using it then you switch over and jump on the band wagon. If you really want to stay a step ahead of the game then you need to think and sometimes think outside the box. Look at the new stats think about the mechanics of the game and what is truly going on before you start spitting out nonsense about T8.5 4 set bonus being superior to T9 4 set bonus.

Honestly think about how ridiculous that sounds for a second.......

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo
    well i have the luxury of 25man raiding, however ive decided to go for armor pen in this tier, im gonna use only 2 items from t9, and with lots of luck at drops and gems i might be able to reach 1232 armor pen rating and see how it actualy works;D imo 4xt8 is better, and breaking it with 2xt8 and 2xt9 isnt worth it, but better ask a spreadsheet for more details
    Yeah, same thought. As combat + hack 'n slash I'd think ArP is a good option with T9 ;D
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

Quote Originally Posted by panda911
    The 2 piece clearcasting bonus is quite nice, however. It depends on proc rate, but it may be worth it to upgrade from t8 to t9.0 even for dropping rupture crits.
    2% proc rate according to wowhead, further confirmation needed. With a 100% uptime on both rupture and deadly poison, the 2pt9 will return about 21% more energy than 2pt8, assuming you use an ability with an energy cost of at least 40 when 2pt9 proccs. Note though that your deadly poison will have an higher uptime that rupture in most cases, causing the two set bonuses to be fairly equal.

Upon plugging my gear (almost BiS) into the new Elitist Jerks spreadsheet, switching from 226 t8 to 232 t9 was around a 200 dps LOSS, due to the huge difference in the 4 piece bonuses. Also, switching out my t8 with 245 t9 only led to about a 90 dps gain, and only when the fourth piece was added.

Is anyone else receiving similar results? This seems very lackluster for a whole new tier.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by panda911
    Upon plugging my gear (almost BiS) into the new Elitist Jerks spreadsheet, switching from 226 t8 to 232 t9 was around a 200 dps LOSS, due to the huge difference in the 4 piece bonuses. Also, switching out my t8 with 245 t9 only led to about a 90 dps gain, and only when the fourth piece was added.

Is anyone else receiving similar results? This seems very lackluster for a whole new tier.
    Swapping my T8 for 239 t9 gave a 40ish dps gain, and the BiS configuration netted a 2kish dps increase, not sure what you had different.