Bring the Player not the Class

Applies to all buffs except Heroism/Bloodlust. Why not give Heroism/Bloodlust to Mages (and/or rogues)? I guess Icy Veins would have to be scrapped then, but who cares.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Re: Bring the Player not the Class

Most stupid post of the day. Got nothing else to QQ about?

Homogenization sucks ass.

Hey i know, mages only have blink, lets give it to warriors

ADURHUR

Edit: Sure its not a "raid buff" but thats basically the logic, its probably the only thing other than totems(which are buffs in disguise) that differentiate us from other casters. And one of few reasons to bring shaman on many encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Applies to all buffs except Heroism/Bloodlust. Why not give Heroism/Bloodlust to Mages (and/or rogues)? I guess Icy Veins would have to be scrapped then, but who cares.
    Fine, let's give them those abilities. But in return? I now have Mage/Rogue dps with Mage AoE abilities. There we go! What? Now you'll bitch about how it's not fair that I can heal AND dps? Well QQ there buddy. QQ. You cannot have it all, just like me.

I do think Mages need another useful raid buff or an improvement to our existing buff. AI is (afaik) easily the weakest raid-wide non-talented buff. Priests use two stat buffs, both of which give more than AI. Every Paladin blessing is more effective in it's own area. Shamans, Druids, I could go on.

I appreciate the difficulties in designing and balancing a new buff, considering how many classes and raid buffs there are. Perhaps there's no niche where a new Mage buff could fit in.

But AI, frankly, sucks. It should be boosted to be more in line with other raid-wide buffs.

As an elemental shaman, i would like to inform you that AI does not in fact suck. It is incredibly useful. Increases my crit, mana regen, mana pool.

Maybe not by insane amounts. But its not like its anything to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice
    I do think Mages need another useful raid buff or an improvement to our existing buff. AI is (afaik) easily the weakest raid-wide non-talented buff. Priests use two stat buffs, both of which give more than AI. Every Paladin blessing is more effective in it's own area. Shamans, Druids, I could go on.

I appreciate the difficulties in designing and balancing a new buff, considering how many classes and raid buffs there are. Perhaps there's no niche where a new Mage buff could fit in.

But AI, frankly, sucks. It should be boosted to be more in line with other raid-wide buffs.
    I'm sure all the healers hate AI, it's just some more mana regen through Replenishment, but bah. I'm sure Holy paladins and Disc priests hate it too. Even hunters, it only gives them some AP. Really, i preffer a totem that is like the horn, or a totem that is like wisdom. Also totems have range, and 5 minuts duration, which is really cool. You are right, envy us. I would give you, don't know, a misdirection? A FD too. But that wouldn't help you at all. How about Stamina buff? Want some blessings? That's it, you will enjoy the game much more.

I'm not complaining about AI, I'm complaining about Bring the Player not the Class . As it is now every raid-grp 'needs' a shaman. All the other Raidbuffs are double & triple.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Communist_Llama
    As an elemental shaman, i would like to inform you that AI does not in fact suck. It is incredibly useful. Increases my crit, mana regen, mana pool.

Maybe not by insane amounts. But its not like its anything to complain about.
    Way to pick up on a specific word without grasping the point of the post. Yes, AI is a useful buff for a variety of classes. No, it doesn't suck. Happy?

However, compared to other raid buffs AI lags behind and could use a buff to put it more in line. My original point still stands, thanks for playing.

EDIT: Wow, other knuckle-draggers please refer to this post before clogging up the forums with 'Actually AI is a beneficial spell for most classes lol' posts. No-one is disputing that having AI is better than not having it.

The most annoying part about most hardmode encounter's are there requirements for healing priest's, of course they can nearly all be done without any but fights like yogg+1/0 | firefighter | thorim are so much easier with priest's...

I'm not complaining about AI, I'm complaining about Bring the Player not the Class . As it is now every raid-grp 'needs' a shaman. All the other Raidbuffs are double & triple.
    Your QQ lacks of sense. You want all the classes to be the same (in some grade), and that will make WoW even more boring. Try asking for a combat rez next time.

Maybe your RL took you out of raid for a Shaman?

The classes are already WAY too similar as it is, no need to give bloodlust to more classes. You keep your Bloodlust and I'll keep Blessing of Kings and we all can be happy.

Like BOK and MOTW? I do not count Prayer of Fortitude because there is scroll for that.
    BOK solely does a lot more in 7+ minutes fight than BL does. When you are missing BOK, you miss a lot of dmg, a lot of HP and a lot of mana + mana regen for whole raid.

if blizz does in fact give any other class bloodlust I don't see why anyone would want an elemental shaman in their raids at all. a demo lock with 2.8k+ sp can easily outdps most ele shamans even if they're above 3k sp, making ToW worthless, and all our other buffs can be replaced by boomkins and paladins anyhow. considering how sub par ele dps is compared to warlocks and mages, only reason most guilds bring ele's is for ToW and BL (allthough most guilds have the restos or pewpewenhanceroguewannabes for BL), and I'm pretty sure no guild would have a problem getting that one lock to respec demo if they want to cut a 5k dps for a 7k dps.

In fact there is still one reason for ele shaman in the raid. If he is raid leader. As elemental you have nice range from boss and you have plain vision and time to manage raid members to do their job right.