Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: new ideas for bm hunters....

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    Good points.

Pet usually doesn't die. The problem is when the raid gets heavy nuked, ofc mend pet won't cut it. And healers are focused on raid members and not pets.

For example, in Ulduar 10 ( where I'm usually raiding ), pet is fine usually, but it's just OBLITERATED @ Mimiron when he nukes like a mother fucker.
    I've been fine on mim lately, pet's learned how to run around him on phase 2 (unless he gets rocketed by a melee standing on him), he can survive shock blasts now, spinning up is usually the only thing that'll get him.

Yogg phase 3 is annoying, lunatic gaze kills the pet even with mend pet up all the time. So you either send it in and out all fight or you have it on adds, which may as well be the same thing.

the tree needs a total overhaul/ i have been a BM hunter since release day. now at 80 i finnaly gave up and went survival.

the really stupid thing right now is a BM pet does less damage than any other tree because they have about 2k more AP (based on my gear)

it annoys me because i picked hunter because it was a pet class. now im basically playing a different kind of mage which is frankly dull. but its such a penalty to go BM i just cant do it

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    it annoys me because i picked hunter because it was a pet class.
    We have pets? wut?

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    the tree needs a total overhaul/ i have been a BM hunter since release day. now at 80 i finnaly gave up and went survival.

the really stupid thing right now is a BM pet does less damage than any other tree because they have about 2k more AP (based on my gear)

it annoys me because i picked hunter because it was a pet class. now im basically playing a different kind of mage which is frankly dull. but its such a penalty to go BM i just cant do it
    so instead of saying that bm needs an overhaul... post somg useful ideas... the reason I put this here is to put out well thought of ideas.. not just the same ol... let bm hunters have 2 pets... give hunters a new shot.... buff AS (which what they may do but just doenst know how)...... better pet scaling....

imho I think the issue for bm hunters is the issue of wasted stats on items why not find something or do something to where you could convert a percentage of haste rating and/or arpen rating into damage for the pet... or maybe use them to buff arcane shot something like... 3 talents to convert 50% of your haste and arpen rating into damage for arcane shot... that way it will continue to get stronger through haste and arpen and ap... it may get really strong later but honestly not too strong to where bm would be op..

or why not like someone said have a talent for bm hunters to lower gcd by .5 secs <---- that would make a huge difference.

1 second global cooldown would rape PvP, you have to keep the worst part of the game in mind when thinking of ideas, Blizzard revolves around arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    1 second global cooldown would rape PvP, you have to keep the worst part of the game in mind when thinking of ideas, Blizzard revolves around arenas.
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

lol...

Perhaps there needs to be a talent in bm the increases pet scaling?

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge

It's for levelling.

Blizz already said they might buff Arcane Shot with a deep talent BM tree.
    Seems kinda fun the me they are buffing a shot in a pet tree.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Give us a glyph/talent like unholy dk's. Increases the amount of str/agi/stam your pets get from you by some %.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    Give us a glyph/talent like unholy dk's. Increases the amount of str/agi/stam your pets get from you by some %.
    Yeah, but that would mean our whole spec would be dependant on a glyph. If the glyph happened to be what fixed the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Maybe something can be done to the pet trees to fix this problem. Perhaps add another bonus point from the BM 51 point talent and then add a 7th row of the pet tree with some ability that greatly increases the pets damage.

Another option along these lines would be to increase the stats on rank 2 of wild hunt and shark attack. Only a BM hunter can get deep enough in the pet tree to put 2 points in either of those talents and they both effect the way the pet scales. So rank 1 of both talents would remain the same but rank two of wild hunt could say "Increases the contribution your pet gets from your Stamina by 50% and attack power by 50%." instead of 40 and 30%. This way the pet will scale better with your gear and it would be something that only a BM hunter could get access to.

My examples probably won't be pulling 1500 dps out of no where but you could tune those talents in the pet tree until BM was closer to MM and SV.

The sad thing is, BM will lag behind surv and MM dps due to the need of keeping an eye on your pet so he doesn't get wtfpwned by something. As surv, its pretty much a ranged retadin, keep your eyes on cooldowns and such.

the whole GCD being reduced was already said .. by me in another post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...331#msg1246331

all hunters have a locked in 1.5 sec cast so stacking haste past/around 550 gets SS down to the 1.5 sec cast to match the GCD except for BM since they can spec http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=34470 and be haste capped with 0 haste .. in fact with that skill they will be OVER haste cap a bit.

my idea make http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=34470 lower GCD for a BM hunter and let it lower the CD's of all of their "shots" so multi 10 sec .. with Serpent swift capped would drop to 8 sec ect

have serpent swift lower gcd
    have serpent swift lower shot cd

makes it worth while for bm hunters to ALSO pick up gear with haste on it to lower ss down to whatever the gcd was dropped to

someone did the math and

well if it only reduces the cd and gcd by the 20%, that would put gcd to 1.25 sec for BM, aimed/multi down to 8 from 10, arcane down to 5 from 6. this would then require BM hunters to utilize the same 15.9% haste to reach gcd again. OP? possibly. But this could bring up the damage for the class. it would effectively bring up all non auto shot dps by 20% (if you can attain the necessary haste). the last time i was BM, i did 4k dps, 2500 of which was my own personal dmg, 40% of which was auto shot (?). so 60% of that dmg gets a 20% buff, resulting in 4300 final total. i dont think that would be too much of an OP change.

^ he said all that I was trying to say but in a more technical way.... grats! now to get devs to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa
    Pets dying due to AI limitations that are almost 100% out of the hunters control (ie requiring such control over the pet that the players focus is on that and almost nothing else)
    I kind of wished Bliz would just add a simple FFXII-like AI system for pets. It will be handled client-side, so it won't trouble the server too much. Or if they feel like it, take it to the max and go Star Ocean 3, where your NPC companions can be trained from where to stand (how far away from target), when to run/heal, what action to take when you use a skill. But I feel a few simple "Gambits" would be plenty to work with already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristén
    so a tree is there for lvling...... hmm how much since does that make.... think about it this way... blizz is making all kinds of efforts to make all druid specs useful for raids and pvp, same for pallys... yes they looking at it for prot pallys and prot warriors.. the same goes for shamans..... so but because hunters, mages, locks, rogues all are pure dps classes they dont need all 3 trees useful for pvp and pve? to me that is bull shit and just lacks vision and so on.... so basically im shitted on because I chose to lvl as my only character a pure dps class and my fun meter just doesnt go that high
    Just throwing it out there that BM was the raid spec for most of BC.. so it wasnt made JUST for leveling....