Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3.2 DPS (feral- cat)

So yesterday I got to raid for the first time since 3.2, And for some reason my dps seemed to be ALOT higher. i'm no where near even ulduar BiS because I quit for a month or so back in june; but my DPS rivals some of even the better geared players that i've seen reports of. I would consider myself pretty good by there's no way my DPS could have gone UP with this nerf lol.

Anyone else see this happening?

Link to last nights WoL - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/M...?s=1049&e=1338

8.1k on XT HM, 6.3k Lord Jaxxius, close to 12k on lolhodir

Armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Paskgotsheal

As you can see, no where near BiS >_< wru ilvl 239 weaps and 10 man hard mode gearz

Re: 3.2 DPS (feral- cat)

Nice work there. I was amazed myself when I did 7650 DPS on XT yesterday. I too had expected a nerf, not a new personal record. Can it be they buffed Heroism or Bloodlust?

Lucky crits? ^^

Lucky you having a trauma bot, ours was let go, so I had to mangle

We did 10man Hodir the other night and I was above 7k (which you might say might be lucky try) but before the patch, no matter how good Storm Clouds were I never broke 6k. So yea, there seems to be an increase for me too.

i *think* its ooc proccing more, either that more crits - but definately combo generation seems higher somehow. either ooc got a stealthbuff or they removed or modified the crit suppression on bosses?

also could be an illusion due to numerous gearupgrades lately

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

We've noticed some odd things since the patch as well, most noticeably that XT dropped insanely fast on 10-man. We had quite a few alts in the raid and we managed to get the speed kill achievement, something we've never even managed before with an all-mains group. We were really close to activating hard mode each time, but purposely stopped short (maybe that's what did it). Many other bosses pretty much laid down at our feet when we engaged them, as well. Yay stealth nerfs.

is hodir really better for melee dps than xt? for some reason my dps there on my last attempt was lower (although was my personal first hodir time lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Telaso
    Lucky you having a trauma bot, ours was let go, so I had to mangle
    Ah right this was the first time our new arms warrior was in the raid, im sure that made a difference...But i mean my best was 7.5k on XT hardmode before this and to get almost 8.2k is pretty ridiculous considering we supposdly got nerfed. I dunno anyone else got some extreme cases like this?

Now if i can get one of those ilvl 258 staves or polearms...

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    is hodir really better for melee dps than xt? for some reason my dps there on my last attempt was lower (although was my personal first hodir time lol)
    Well usually we have 1 more melee or 1 more ranged dps on hodir so prioritize storm power for the more prevalent group and then when its spread out, we blow heroism.

In general, I think it'd be easier with fires to get storm power and "stand" in light (while moving/jumping to remove debuff).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    Ah right this was the first time our new arms warrior was in the raid, im sure that made a difference...But i mean my best was 7.5k on XT hardmode before this and to get almost 8.2k is pretty ridiculous considering we supposdly got nerfed. I dunno anyone else got some extreme cases like this?

Now if i can get one of those ilvl 258 staves or polearms...
    Booyah! http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/6698507

Trauma bot was something like a few hundred dps increase in 3.1, I'm sure its the same now as well. I tend to suck on Hodir though because I'm usually breaking out iceblocks because of lazy asses who never help.

I've also been using mongoose after about it on a couple different forums I browse. If you're over 10k ap buffed it's supposed to be better. The first night I made the switch was with my journey's end back in 3.1 and I think I hit 9800 on XT with hysteria of course.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

My XT kill wasnt normal, was the hardmode so we only had 1 heart...here's the last parse we did reg XT

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=2017&e=2200

i still need a lot of gear too, you have my shoudlers, neck, ring, gloves and wrists >_< 10 straight weeks with no vanq gloves sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    My XT kill wasnt normal, was the hardmode so we only had 1 heart...here's the last parse we did reg XT

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=2017&e=2200

i still need a lot of gear too, you have my shoudlers, neck, ring, gloves and wrists >_< 10 straight weeks with no vanq gloves sigh
    oh dear lord

15+ Year Old Account

>.> i only get ~9k but the rest of the dps in my guild isnt all that good so we can't chain heart phase after heart phase like you did

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    oh dear lord
    dude you try 10 straight weeks with no vanq gloves. And one time it dropped in VoA...i lost the roll to a druid in blues >_<

Quote Originally Posted by FeralRage
    We did 10man Hodir the other night and I was above 7k (which you might say might be lucky try) but before the patch, no matter how good Storm Clouds were I never broke 6k. So yea, there seems to be an increase for me too.
    when we were doing this with my guildies (we were little melee heavy raid then) I was pushing like 9.2-9.3k dps.. But we had like 6-7 melee, can't remember the right number.. And maybe with a little digging, I can find the WWS-data on that
    ..::||Sinma||::..

i'm sorry that was praise, not criticism. Even with my conqueror's gloves I'm doubtful I'll see 10k, although my guild's dps isn't good enough to chain hearts together as well.

and I still think Twisted Visage is a myth invented by Blizz because I've never seen it drop.

and I still think Twisted Visage is a myth invented by Blizz because I've never seen it drop.
    true, just abandon all hope and get Lotrafen
    ..::||Sinma||::..

i'm sorry that was praise, not criticism. Even with my conqueror's gloves I'm doubtful I'll see 10k, although my guild's dps isn't good enough to chain hearts together as well.

I'm just pissed cause we just killed mimiron and he didnt drop the gloves, last 2 weeks (when i was at the beach) 3 pairs dropped. 10 weeks straight sigh

but thx <3

Sorry, can't say it was the same for me. Peaked 10k on XT and now I'm down to 8k this patch.