Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So now they are gonna change prot because of.....

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1911...ot-pallys.html
    I lvl'd my pally as prot in BC and can remember the days when it took minutes to kill a mob or when all I was able to tank in raids were mulitple adds. Prot is (slightly OP) very fun to play. I enjoy the toon now but the commets below from the link above scare me. What are the changes to come? What do you think will happen with prot to "fix" this imporper game mechanic?
    I had thoughts that this was coming soon but I hope they don't nerf the hell out of it and screw the spec up.
    What are your thoughts?

There is a fine line between creative use of game mechanics and something that goes against our vision for the game. It's always going to be subjective. If the Retribution tree ended up being better at tanking than the Protection tree, or the Shadow priest was a better healer than the Disc tree, or the Marks hunter had a more powerful pet than the BM hunter, we'd take similar action.
    As Affix said, if Prot paladins are impossible to kill because of their healing potential, the answer is not to make Holy paladins even more powerful than that.
    We have no problem if Prot paladins are hard to kill like Prot warriors or bear druids are hard to kill. But I don't think that's really what we're talking about.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: So now they are gonna change prot because of.....

Fail balancing is fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Fail balancing is fail.
    More frustrating than that is they are balancing because of PVP and not PVE. I know its a game of both but they will screw 1 spec up because of 1 part of the game.

I imagine they'll just look to see if your INT is higher than your STR, or something similar, and if that's the case then certain aspects of certain talents will be inactive. Or it'll be based off of how close you are to defense-capped, similar to the healing amount gained through the new Ardent Defender. Either way, there are simple ways to keep Protection talents available to Protection Paladins, while locking out their benefits to people using Prot/Holy builds.

Bottom line: If you're a Paladin and you want to heal, go Holy.

I don't know what the point your trying to make in this thread is, but the fact that there ever was a "prot healer" spec at all is pretty dumb. So they are fixing it the same way they fixed holy/ret builds that could get judgements of the wise.

Prot is made for tanking, not for healing...

As for PvP, they should focus on the damaging aspect of the protection tree, not the healing aspect...

So the balancing is right in my books...
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey
    More frustrating than that is they are balancing because of PVP and not PVE. I know its a game of both but they will screw 1 spec up because of 1 part of the game.
    This is true and in combination with Blizzard way of making pvp content it can be very badly decisions made around some classes.

My guess is that Stam --> Spellpower will also add a healing debuff, (Lets say something like 30% of all healing done) as to not have healers spec down into it.

Kairu: Stam -> Spellpower is from the same talent as +Crit heal amount (Touched by the Light). The purpose of this talent is not only to give Protection threat-generation a boost through additional Spellpower, but also to give Paladin off-tanks something to do on fights where not as many off-tanks are needed, or for something like Iron Council Hard-Mode -- once you're down to just Steelbreaker, the Prot Paladin can throw some decent-sized heals without being able to swap spec or gear. If you add a healing debuff to the talent, it renders that second part obsolete, and to be honest, the bigger crit-heals portion is the part Prot/Holy builds are going for, not the SP boost from Stamina (though it doesn't hurt).

Yeah even if they were all deserved I'm getting tired of constant nerfs ... Since LK came out not one major patch, not one, didn't have nerfs for paladins. Damn it doesn't take a genuis to see that prot was gonna be OP in PvP, how can things like that go through if there is any sort of internal testing / ptr monitoring.
    This game won't ever be anywhere near balanced with devs like those, Aion ftw !

15+ Year Old Account

I imagine they will just remove or change the 30% higher critical healing and see what happens, not like any tanking Prot paladins got really any boost from it in the first place.
    :3

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kedalin
    Kairu: Stam -> Spellpower is from the same talent as +Crit heal amount (Touched by the Light). The purpose of this talent is not only to give Protection threat-generation a boost through additional Spellpower, but also to give Paladin off-tanks something to do on fights where not as many off-tanks are needed, or for something like Iron Council Hard-Mode -- once you're down to just Steelbreaker, the Prot Paladin can throw some decent-sized heals without being able to swap spec or gear. If you add a healing debuff to the talent, it renders that second part obsolete, and to be honest, the bigger crit-heals portion is the part Prot/Holy builds are going for, not the SP boost from Stamina (though it doesn't hurt).
    They'll probably scale the +Crit on heals modifier to scale with your current Defense rating like they did with AD.

Why the hell does the protection tree even have touched by light? I mean, the 30% healing crit increase... come on. That was just a dumb idea anyway regardless of what tree it was in. Healing is already ridiculous in this game now. If you aren't a healing spec, you shouldn't be able to heal well at all. Especially if you're a tank spec. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    They'll probably scale the +Crit on heals modifier to scale with your current Defense rating like they did with AD.
    Do this or change the conversion to spell power from stam to strength and remove the crit bonus and move on.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum
    Why the hell does the protection tree even have touched by light? I mean, the 30% healing crit increase... come on. That was just a dumb idea anyway regardless of what tree it was in. Healing is already ridiculous in this game now. If you aren't a healing spec, you shouldn't be able to heal well at all. Especially if you're a tank spec. Period.

Do this or change the conversion to spell power from stam to strength and remove the crit bonus and move on.
    Read this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedalin

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum

it's while soloing, once you're done fighting and you're low health you want to heal yourself but you heal for ~6k when you have 35+k HP (i have 37.5k with Blessing of Sanc on me) but when i crit with holy light it heals for ~15k and fills up my health bar alot more than a crappy 6k. THAT is why we have it, but then again we don't have that much crit so the odds of that heal critting is stupidly low.

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988
    Prot is made for tanking, not for healing...

As for PvP, they should focus on the damaging aspect of the protection tree, not the healing aspect...

So the balancing is right in my books...
    I agree with this. but I totally understand the issues that the incoming nerfs might cause. That being said, I can only hope they change it in a way that won't effect prot as much as it will the prot-healing. Maybe Stam --> Threat in some crazy conversion. Who knows. Just keep your fingers crossed at this point.

15+ Year Old Account

The Protection tree is designed to tank, not to be used with a gimmick spec and holy gear to be a healer. If you don't understand that, there is nothing more to discuss.

If we agree on that point, which is ABSOLUTELY reasonable, then I'd tell you that there are so fucking many possible solutions for changing TotbL that worrying about paladin tanks in its regards is hilarious.

Even if they're gonna remove healing from it, and make it affect only damaging spells, SO WHAT?
    In raid, if your boss is dead and you're not "needed" anymore as a tank, drop your RF buff and start hitting. Protection DPS is WAY higher than what a warrior, even a DK with tank gear AND spec would do. Sure you're not a DPS wonder, but neither is your healing, and I dunno about you, but my raid would definetly like an extra 3k+ DPS. Consider yourself a DPS buff to the raid.

For those saying "well, I like to heal myself up when soloing" ....learn to play. I solo Chillmaw every day, Thrym every time I pass by, pull mobs in packs of 15 every time they're close enough to avoid Evading, and I never, ever needed more than 1, maximum 2 FoLs on me to be full life after all mobs are dead. If you find yourself at half life and scream for healing necessities, you should probably reconsider what you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey
    Not the first time, not the last time this will happen..

I normally never speak up against blizzard, however this is one thing that bothers me.

Rather then have us feel like we are playing two different games by splitting talent, and spell effects to work differently in PvE and PvP, they will at the end of the day destroy the game, and fight against themselves.

Quite frankly the game between PvE and PvP will not change much if they were to seperate the spell effects. Keep each spell close to the PvE concept in PvP as much as possible, and I really think that pretty much no one will care, and it will allow for a balanced game, and allow PvE and PvP to function independently of eachother, as it should be.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

You don't think a nerf is needed when healers are using healing gear with a tank spec and healing shitloads while having 28k hp 2500 sp and 22k armor? and a shield, and another shield to absorb damage, yet you QQ at the nerf? would you also QQ if prot warriors ran around in arena ripping everyone in half with 7k crits? palas completely ruin PVP, for me every class is balanced but palas ain't, but I guess you need to whine at nerfs because then you will suck ass right?

It defeats the purpose of specs, why have a holy spec if a tank spec beats it? do priests heal more with a shadow spec? do druids heal more with a boomkin spec? do shamans heal more as elemental?

Palas kill the game imo, nuff said.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So druids can't shapeshift amirite?