Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How has 3.2 affected your dps?

For me, it has gone from something like 4.5k to 5.5k. Note that this is on "pure" dps-fights, like p1 ToC (Northrend Beasts) and Patch. On fights where there is a lot of movement, I do 4.5k - 5k. Also an increase.

What about you?

Edit: misspell

Deleted

Re: How has 3.2 affected your dps?

And you did this without SotP ?...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...stract&group=1

Sorry but i don't trust you.

Armory isn't updated then.

as for your "proof"

same for me, broke 6k on northrend beasts p1

on a side note, our dps on xt heart and yogg brain are not suffering that much from the long ramp up time that i thought, thx to Hand of Reckoning

10+ Year Old Account

well like most of us my dps on fights without allot of movement has increased somewhere between 6-10% although on aoe fights and fights with allot of target switching or movement it has gone to shit. Hopefully blizz fixes this somehow.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account

People made a bigger deal about these changes then needed. 3.2 we are fine in PvE.

Expect a SoC change here sometime soon, which could lead to another change to SoV if sufficient enough to get people away from it in PvP.

People need to be smart, know when to use what seal, so on so forth.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Retri:

PvE - suprisingly good, on single target dps. A bit meh on multiple mobs but still nothing to QQ over. Unsarcastically gg blizz!

PvP - From good against melee/crap against healers and casters to crap against melee/joke against healers and casters. Even switching to full Uld25/HM gear and timing wings burst with 5 stacks of vengence and stunning i cant shell out enough dps to down a disc preist. How your supposed to do it in PvP gear is beyond me. Sarcastically gg blizz!

Vegeta what does the scouter say about his power level?

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4520/93644531.jpg

(this made me happy today)
    Seriously though i haven't found a fight in ulduar yet where my dps is lower

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    People made a bigger deal about these changes then needed. 3.2 we are fine in PvE.

Expect a SoC change here sometime soon, which could lead to another change to SoV if sufficient enough to get people away from it in PvP.

People need to be smart, know when to use what seal, so on so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Vegeta what does the scouter say about his power level?

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4520/93644531.jpg

(this made me happy today)
    Seriously though i haven't found a fight in ulduar yet where my dps is lower
    are you using SoV all the time? I'm experimenting with the Righteousness glyph, and knocking down big numbers. Although I admit that Vengeance is higher single target sustained DPS, I'm still impressed with righteousness. The changes weren't as bad as we all thought since we were given this option. If we were stuck with SoV full time, I'd be pissed.

Although there were severe PvP consequences from the 3.2 changes, which only made us that much more useless in arena, from a PvE stand point I some what like the new seal design. You have a seal for different situations now, instead of a catch all. Now just tweak our AoE (while vengeance is up, anyway), give us a little more mana, and some PvP tools.

Or if it's intended for us to have lower AoE when Vengeance is active, make seal twisting viable by lowering the mana cost. And if they really want to be nice they could take it off the GCD too.

Edit: after thinking about it a little more, removing GCD might be slightly unreasonable. I'd settle for the reduced mana cost.

tab living bomb, tab living bomb, tab living bomb, tab living bomb, then channel blizzard, and oh how the #'s spamming my screen make me smile
    edit: lol I clicked on this from the front page and didnt realize i was in the pally forums. CLEANSE THIS VENGEANCE OFF ME BRO!

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Must be nice to have good gear. I can't get invited to heroics or 10 mans anymore because my dps dropped from like 2400 to just over 1900 (Yes I have shitty gear, mostly blues and a few heroic pieces) Not trying to QQ, just wish BLizz would have taken a look at how these changes affect new 80's with low gear level as well as everyone else, because the changes hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt
    Must be nice to have good gear. I can't get invited to heroics or 10 mans anymore because my dps dropped from like 2400 to just over 1900 (Yes I have shitty gear, mostly blues and a few heroic pieces) Not trying to QQ, just wish BLizz would have taken a look at how these changes affect new 80's with low gear level as well as everyone else, because the changes hurt.
    this. I have a recently dinged horde pally and this totally killed my DPS. In crafted and some heroics I was able to keep pace with the other fresh 80s(reroll CoD4 players, we doin it big). Then this patch hit and my dps went right in to the toilet. Now the players who are fresh to the game and still button mashing are totally killing my dps because they rolled warlock and rogue. Hell, even the UP shaman as of last patch, is now obliterating my dps.....but also dying because of Aggro... but thats not the point. the point is Im bottom barrel dps again. Pally alts everywhere cry.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinOfHolyness
    this. I have a recently dinged horde pally and this totally killed my DPS. In crafted and some heroics I was able to keep pace with the other fresh 80s(reroll CoD4 players, we doin it big). Then this patch hit and my dps went right in to the toilet. Now the players who are fresh to the game and still button mashing are totally killing my dps because they rolled warlock and rogue. Hell, even the UP shaman as of last patch, is now obliterating my dps.....but also dying because of Aggro... but thats not the point. the point is Im bottom barrel dps again. Pally alts everywhere cry.
    Spend about a week doing heroics and the new 5 man and your gear and dps will change dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt
    The game isn't balanced around heroics for PvE, just how it isn't balanced around the sub 1000 bracket for arena, or how PvP isn't balanced at all around BG.
    This user has been banned.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinOfHolyness
    but also dying because of Aggro...
    lol whut? taking agro with a crappy dps you must be doing something wrong lol

My DPS is terrible, mainly because I cant even zone into a freaking instance, to actually to anything! siiiiighhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    are you using SoV all the time? I'm experimenting with the Righteousness glyph, and knocking down big numbers. Although I admit that Vengeance is higher single target sustained DPS, I'm still impressed with righteousness. The changes weren't as bad as we all thought since we were given this option. If we were stuck with SoV full time, I'd be pissed.

Although there were severe PvP consequences from the 3.2 changes, which only made us that much more useless in arena, from a PvE stand point I some what like the new seal design. You have a seal for different situations now, instead of a catch all. Now just tweak our AoE (while vengeance is up, anyway), give us a little more mana, and some PvP tools.
    I switch'd seals a few times on freya, I had vengeance out for Freya and Leonard, and Seal of righteousness for everything else.

I always use righteousness unless my enemy has at least like 100k health and i don't have to AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    I always use righteousness unless my enemy has at least like 100k health and i don't have to AoE.
    Yup, me too. I love using my old skool seal that i have had since lvl 1 <3. And i have seen higher crits from judgement then i had when i was using sob (yes my gear sucks, it's offspec).

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Spend about a week doing heroics and the new 5 man and your gear and dps will change dramatically.

The game isn't balanced around heroics for PvE, just how it isn't balanced around the sub 1000 bracket for arena, or how PvP isn't balanced at all around BG.
    Yeah I understand that, but look at it from where we are sitting. DPS at low gear levels is so bad I (we) are getting passed over for even heroic runs which makes it twice as hard to get geared. I understand that it is balanced around BiS or nearly, but when something is based around BiS and your dps will be on par with other dps classes when you have BiS gear it makes a huge gear gap to overcome when you are fresh 80. It is already done, and I am not trying to complain (well trying very hard not to) so all I am saying is that I hope Blizz can take a step back and realize that not everyone is in BiS nor will alot of us new 80's be due to this change.