Why is my dps so low?

Hi im a SV hunter with ok gear UB i was pulling out 3.6k dps no sweat and since wednesday i cant even get 2.9k with might and kings i dont know why nothing has changed or my rotation please help me i dont know whats happened to my sexy hunter :-[

My name is moédabeener Aggramar EU armory is broke so no link

Re: Why is my dps so low?

Obvious things I can notice from looking at your spec (at least as it shows on Wowhead): You don't have noxious stings, you're not hit capped (missing four percent), you don't have a glyph of explosive shot. Those are all big factors.

ES glyph is not a big factor.

The others, sure.

Lol wowhead is a joke that gear was like 2 months ago i have 4/5 t8/t8.5 now

You're gemming like shit. You need 4 more hit rating to be capped with a dranei in the raid. Hit the socket bonus on your legs and move the dragons eyes to some other place. Add to that you're slacking on the enchants. Using a green gem as a hunter is completely inexcusable.

Use the specc in the post above mine -1 pt. focus aim and +1 expose weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    Get a +stats gem in the head slot.

This is the problem with people getting loot too fast and they don't know wtf they're doing
    You obviously don't know wtf you're doing if you think the +10 stat gem should go in his head.

@ OP: Your spec & glyphs are good, don't change those. Get rid of that rogue ring. Replace that shitty green in your helmet with a +20 agi and put a +10 stat gem in the blue slot in your chest (it will get your meta requirements and will get you hit capped with a draenei, which is 7%.) Upgrade your enchants: 20 Agi to gloves, Sons of Hodir shoulder enchant, 50 ap to bracers, 110 ap to weapon, and 10 stats to chest. Get a pug ulduar 25 if your guild doesn't run it and get an i232 ranged weapon; that will help a shit ton. Make sure you're using a wolf pet.

Your priority list of shots should be KS > ES > BA > AiS > SrS > SS meaning you should use Kill Shot before anything else and Steady Shot only when everything else is on cooldown. Try to keep sniper training up, it's pretty important. Gotta learn how to place yourself in boss fights. Knowing boss fights helps with dps a lot... Keep playing and you'll get better with experience.

Hope that helps. Should have searched though; there're a million hunter tutorials.

This is the problem with people getting loot too fast and they don't know wtf they're doing
    ZOMG... why would any hunter put a prismatic in a red slot? Even better.. why would anybody suggest for someone to put a prismatic in a red slot?... talk about not knowing wtf they're doing.. geeze.

No. Just no. You put red gems in red slots and the plus stats prismatic in another color slot that will get your best slot bonus. This is *not* rocket science.

Nvm, you're right.

--

Btw, considering his gear, not doing more than 2.9k with bom and bok... that's just lol

I can get 4k+ with bom and bok and my gear is a bit worse.

--

zomg

--

zomg

--
    wow. should be 5.5k plus

Have you trained the highest levels of your skills from the Hunter Trainer?

Are you using Mammoth Cutters for ammo?

Nvm, you're right.

--

Btw, considering his gear, not doing more than 2.9k with bom and bok... that's just lol

I can get 4k+ with bom and bok and my gear is a bit worse.

--

zomg

--

zomg

--
    Relax, the guy was asking for advice. Maybe you can be a bit more constructive than simply stating your own dps.

In 2 posts you failed to provide any helpful info, and succeeded in making yourself look silly.

Deleted

lots have to do with buffs and debuffs as well.

Is sunder armor on the target? Do you have a retpally? Do you get horn of winter? abominations might? Faerie fire? leader of the pack? Using flask and the right food? Did you measure on the same bossfight? etc etc.

Raid buffs and mob debuffs have a much higher impact on your overall DPS than a few gems. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew
    lots have to do with buffs and debuffs as well.

Is sunder armor on the target? Do you have a retpally? Do you get horn of winter? abominations might? Faerie fire? leader of the pack? Using flask and the right food? Did you measure on the same bossfight? etc etc.

Raid buffs and mob debuffs have a much higher impact on your overall DPS than a few gems. Keep that in mind.
    Even so, with that gear (although having a Ilevel 232 range weapon might help) you should be pulling 3.5k dps on a dummy w/o any buffs... Try to get hitcapped, and gem pure agility, with a +10 stats gem in whichever item will get you the best socketbonus. Apart from that, follow the shot order someone posted earlier, and you should be doing much more.

i bet you still have /castrandom in your macro's!
    that wont work anymore

i have changed my spec and i have about 4.2k dps on the heroic dummy with self buff and my guild isnt going to hit uldaur 25 in a hurry so no point in saying go get a lvl 232 weapon but in uldaur 10 full buffs im getting to about 6k dps :P

Quote Originally Posted by gyo
    i have changed my spec and i have about 4.2k dps on the heroic dummy with self buff and my guild its going to hit uldaur 25 in a hurry so no point in saying go get a lvl 232 weapon but in uldaur 10 full buffs im getting to about 6k dps :P
    Great to hear it, hope you get GB from Kologarn.

He's a raid stopper, careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.