How to use a shaman in BG?

Howdy,

Ok, I've got a fairly low level shaman lying around (lvl 38) doing nothing with. So, I thought I'd try and level him up with battleground XP now as I've kinda hit a brick wall with the quests (after 5 level 80s) and can't face them again right now.

However, I erm, seem to suck at BG on my shaman.

Ok, firstly, I do generally suck in PVP anyway - I've never been a top player in them. But, even for me, I seem to suck badly on the Shammy. At least on my other characters I can generally get into the top half of the table.

At level 38, up against other players ranging from 30-39 with most of them being a lower level than me, I seem to come close to the bottom on the PVP table.

What should I be doing with him? I try and interrupt any spells a caster might be making with Wind Shock, I have my lightning shield up most of the time and I use Frostbrand weapon to slow down my target and I drop totems whenever I'm at a AB flag or in WSG if I'm defending.

I'm also enhancement spec'd so I've got things like instant wolfie.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to play low level battlegrounds? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Re: How to use a shaman in BG?

My impression always was Windfury > Frostbrand for pvp. I lvled enhancement and I always tried to kill as quickly as possible cause i didn't find shammys had nearly the survivability of other classes.

Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How to use a shaman in BG?

Get a SLOW and high damage 2hander (the heirloom axe maybe) and put WF on it.

Then run around BGs with ghost wolf, get into melee range, autoattack stuff.

Make a macro that shouts "RNG'd OLOL!!"

Press this Macro everytime you've killed someone with a WF proc.

Or... Level to 40/41 fast so you get Dual-Wield and Stormstrike. Enhancement PvP is kinda bad before you get those two :P After this get a few pieces of blue gear and maybe throw in a few cheap enchants and start owning stuff up.
    You can go with either a 2h or Dual-Wield since 2h is still pretty good against clothies after you get Stormstrike, use the Dual-Wield against Plate.

Trust me, it gets a lot more fun after 40. Oh those golden memories of owning up EVERYTHING in STV once I got Stormstrike. Everything pretty much died with Stormstrike + Earh Shock if WF happened to proc in the process.