Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

myrok and typhontook, thanks for posting. really. good posts both, ppl here need to read those.

This info that was listed seems hard to believe. I for one played since release and DON'T look forward to having to clear MC or any old content again. Ony isn't bad because they are re-doing it for 5th anniversary. But for those who say all this info is all lies, sorry to be the one to tell you.. but some of this can be verified. Log on to PTR(as alliance) and there is a new quest in Dalaran that sends you to Darnassus to give a highelf mage(whos trying to talk to NE leader) a journal. The Nightelf Mages are coming and there is nothing you can do about it. There is a horde quest already in game that sends you to Thunder Bluff to drop off a shield to some Taurens who are having a crisis of faith and talking about the light, which IMO is opening the doors to pallies and maybe priests.

Now to those who are crapping on others because those others don't believe what they do, need to go out and get some fresh air. Just because others feel differently doesn't give others right to crap on them. That's just being small minded. I know we all have ideas which direction this game should go, but in the end none of us on this forum will have any input or say so where its headed so be nice to your fellow forum poster and don't feed the troll.

P.S. Yes I registered to post this because as I said, some of this can already been seen. Or at least the hints that are leading to some of the info posted.

hi, i hope my post is original in some way
    World of Warcraft "Cataclysm" and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction

i hope that thrall does't leave garosh hellscream in charge because if he kills Cairne and the the tauren still are loyal to the horde thats justs retarded you cant just kill some ones racail leader and expect them to roll with you and thrall is a dumbass to leave garosh in charge compared to craine whos been in the horde longer or why not vol jin or surfang or some one who has't tried to kick his ass and become the new leader of the horde why not Gamon? almost everyone knows him

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix
    Agree mate, some of this sounds so bullshity, like reason of Goblins being let into the horde and Worgen joining the alliance and wtf? Well using unused zones sounds nice... And like dwarf shaman seriously... it's like Tauren Loladin... Milkadin anyone?:> Dungeon revamp sounds great, unless they fuck it up like Naxx what is 70% sure.. Good night.

Edit: Taurens have Tit Full of Milk as Paladin organisation.
    Well Gilneas people (worgen) are humans anyway. I guess they belong to the Alliance.
    And goblins have some relations with the orcs. Besides.. They are both green.
    And indian people would apprieciate some holy cows ;D
    And Wildhammer would have dwarf shamans.

And it seem's that I use the word "And" very much.
    Hm.. Wonder why.. :-\

But yeah.. There's something about this.. Why would Cairne betray us?
    He is the coolest of all the cows in the world.

However I bet there's much lore in it and it's good for RP. (If anyone of you also do that )

Troll druids.. Tas dingo mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsforsale
    Well Gilneas people (worgen) are humans anyway. I guess they belong to the Alliance.
    i dont disagree with anything in your post but that gilneas basicly told the alliance they can go die of plague for all we care were not letting you in our city.
    now King Varian Wrynn is not the most understanding man there is espacaily when it comes to creatures that look diffrent -thank god he was't around when the draenei joined but i bet he was hella suprised when he got back-
    now if we assume varian is not the most forgiving man espacly the way he talks to deathknights that talk to him for the first time blah blah hes gona throw a royal fit and anoy the poor wolf people who deserted the alliance in there time of need..
    that and im sure he's hella pissed of about duskwood.

Quote Originally Posted by daremo
    Remember. For every whiny disliker there are probably thousands of silent likers.

If these details are proven to be accurate, I for one will resubcribe - after almost 3 years hiatus.
    I think you're wrong. It's more like hundreds of thousands of silent likers.

Welcome back! If you do come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok

5. Why is Cairne assassinated?
    Nice post, thanks. Could you also please figure out a way that Fandral Staghelm can be assassinated too?

I would buy a new expansion if the only new content for Alliance was his grave to dance on.

I've read through all 98 pages of comments. Whew. So much QQing.

I think the details could be fairly accurate. What have been Blizzard's biggest technical fails since the game came out? At the beginning - when they misunderestimated the number of players, at TBC when they put all the level 60s in one zone and now in WotLK when everyone is concentrated in Dalaran (called Dalalag on my realm, and it's only a medium population one). Moving players back to a revamped old world, and spread out, sounds like a huge win.

A level cap of only 5 more levels makes sense. There's still room for another tier of professional experience (which logically would come at level 80) and it would leave room to add level 85 dailies in Northrend, keeping players spread out.

As I understand it, a realm consists of three different computers - one for the old world, one for Outlands, Draenei/Belf starting areas, Northrend and one for instances. As one other poster pointed out dozens of pages back, perhaps the servers are getting overloaded. It makes a lot of sense to spread things out.

I wish I could I play an Alliance Goblin character, but I'm not going to quit if it's hordie only. I wish Draenei would be given new classes, but I'm not going to quit over that either.

I'm a relative n00b, only been playing since a few weeks before TBC came out and what I've seen from Blizzard has been great. I'm not sure why it seems to bring out the worst in people when changes happen. The only thing constant is that there are a certain, very tiny, vocal minority that get upset every time and threaten to quit. The (vast) majority of players do not post here or on the WoW forums. Most of us are happy with how the game is progressing.

I truly hope that level 100 is not a real game ending level cap. I do not want to start over in some other MMORPG and I think there's plenty of life left in WoW.

I for one am going to be making a Worgen ASAP, well either that or a holy cow/shrug

Anywho Can't know til BLizzcon! ^^

It's obvious that Blizzard would be revisiting the old content, heck the content is nearing 6 years old. Lets see how good a job they do with it.

WoW I hope Blizzards Crack pile isn't running low at the moment.

Half the ideas are good, amazing even, revamping old world, moving classes to other races and the likes, flying mounts in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Those I do like, a lot, that'd be awesome and it'd be good to see Hyjal getting some use.

Some things in this list I think are the sorts of things inspired by a drug fuelled night with a designer.

First of all Goblins and Worgen.

A Goblin? What the hell, it's just a green gnome and I already want to boot every gnome I see into the nearest fire, it's a race used primarily by 8 year old kids who think having a short character is hilarious, why not a Naga race? Start of unfriendly with all the races then you have to get your reputation up so they don't run you out of town, could choose between horde and alliance. As for worgen I don't know they may make a half decent race but I wouldn't count much on it. Why not just add the Demon Hunter or Blademaster hero classes that everyone on the forum has been asking for for ages now?

Now then classes available to other races, this I half like.

Orc Mage, sure, orc's are a bit shifty with the magics since the entire warlocks and burning legion thing way back in the canon. They've still got one of there oldest warlocks sitting up in Arthas's head.

But call me a lore nerd or whatever, Night Elf Mage? Tauren Paladin? What the hell? Night elves know that misuse of magics can cause terrible things such as the Sundering, they were taught that by Cenarius a Night elf mage is a stupid idea if you're really that bothered about your characters looks play a different class and a Tauren Paladin? where the hell does a Tauren get Paladin powers? the only reason the Blood Elves have access to it is because they're bleeding it from a Naru under there city.

Also why blow up Oggrimar? It's one of the most loved cities in the game because it's cool looking, if they were to blow up anything it should be Undercity or something, a more unloved city because frankly that place is boring.

I'm sorry but if all these changes were to be made then it'd split the fan base in half, 12 year olds who love WoW because they can make midgets on the "but these changes kick-ass" side and nerds like myself that actually enjoy the story that's been told up till now on the other side. If Blizzards did the better parts of these changes that didn't destroy the canon I'd be happy, if this list is actually true I'd think they need to take a read through there own lore and think again.

Quote Originally Posted by XaeroA
    WoW I hope Blizzards Crack pile isn't running low at the moment.

Half the ideas are good, amazing even, revamping old world, moving classes to other races and the likes, flying mounts in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Those I do like, a lot, that'd be awesome and it'd be good to see Hyjal getting some use.

Some things in this list I think are the sorts of things inspired by a drug fuelled night with a designer.

First of all Goblins and Worgen.

A Goblin? What the hell, it's just a green gnome and I already want to boot every gnome I see into the nearest fire, it's a race used primarily by 8 year old kids who think having a short character is hilarious, why not a Naga race? Start of unfriendly with all the races then you have to get your reputation up so they don't run you out of town, could choose between horde and alliance. As for worgen I don't know they may make a half decent race but I wouldn't count much on it. Why not just add the Demon Hunter or Blademaster hero classes that everyone on the forum has been asking for for ages now?

Now then classes available to other races, this I half like.

Orc Mage, sure, orc's are a bit shifty with the magics since the entire warlocks and burning legion thing way back in the canon. They've still got one of there oldest warlocks sitting up in Arthas's head.

But call me a lore nerd or whatever, Night Elf Mage? Tauren Paladin? What the hell? Night elves know that misuse of magics can cause terrible things such as the Sundering, they were taught that by Cenarius a Night elf mage is a stupid idea if you're really that bothered about your characters looks play a different class and a Tauren Paladin? where the hell does a Tauren get Paladin powers? the only reason the Blood Elves have access to it is because they're bleeding it from a Naru under there city.

Also why blow up Oggrimar? It's one of the most loved cities in the game because it's cool looking, if they were to blow up anything it should be Undercity or something, a more unloved city because frankly that place is boring.

I'm sorry but if all these changes were to be made then it'd split the fan base in half, 12 year olds who love WoW because they can make midgets on the "but these changes kick-ass" side and nerds like myself that actually enjoy the story that's been told up till now on the other side. If Blizzards did the better parts of these changes that didn't destroy the canon I'd be happy, if this list is actually true I'd think they need to take a read through there own lore and think again.
    Looks to me you have missed 3/4 of the lore. Try again.

1. goblins and gnomes are diffrent as for naga over goblins that make no sense unless blizzard puts in a hell of alot friendly naga to counteract the evil ones we'l just ignore the fact naga have no legs and therefore cant ride mounts?
    aswell as there underwater breathing screwing over every one else?
    2.blizzard said hero classes unblance the game thats why there not adding more Yet....
    3.if we do chose between horde or alliance it be to confusing to know who to pvp and where.
    4.nelfs using magic again not really suprising imo tauren paladin why the hell not there are plenty of narru to tell them how and the belfs lost that power source awhile ago "Blood elf paladins completing Claiming the Light must now gather remnants of "holy energy" that linger around the magisters, rather than the previous requirement of draining M'uru directly." is giving holy energy to other races that hard?
    5.you got me about orcie city
    6.what is there left to split? every time blizzard change the game theres always peoples opnions to keep in mind and im sure blizzard have that into consideration aswell why are you even attacking blizzard they have't confermed any if much of these things so wait till blizzcon then shoot lots of bullets into there idears.-blizzard can change there minds aswell-

I made an account just to reply to this.

WoW Cataclysm = WoW 2.0 and I can't wait !!

I hope this means all of Azeroth is being re-done ! I don't think they are just going to plant some flowers and put in a few new park benches. I bet Blizzard has been working on this revamp for a long time already.Old zones they don't need anymore will be destroyed and some old zones will be redone as higher level zones.Some new zones will be added as well.I bet that they ALL get a graphical update.

I hope they make leveling from 1-58 faster for everyone who isn't a DK and a revamp gives them the ability to redo all the leveling quests for more xp and get new toons up to current content easier.New starting zones and new leveling areas? Yes please.

Cataclysm means DESTRUCTION and CHANGE on a MASSIVE scale. And I for one hope they RE DO EVERYTHING.Sure there will be some vanilla whiners but blizz doesn't care about them because 99.9% of the players buy the expansions.New player won't get to experience "Old Azeroth" ,but "New Azeroth" will be better anyways.

Leveling from 80-85 sounds great ! From what I've heard leveling is going to be more about epic events and questlines like Wrathgate and less about kill 15 wolves and collect pelts.
    Select dungeons and raids, not all of them, will get revamped and redone like Ony.Some will simply be destroyed I bet.New dungeons and raids will get added in the new zones.
    All in all, it sounds awesome.

I heard another rumor about customizable ships and submarines,required to reach the new undersea areas, that would be cool too.It would end the player housing QQ for the most part.

It is time for Azeroth to move forward, and Blizzard ALWAYS delivers a premium product.I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherel
    Nice post, thanks. Could you also please figure out a way that Fandral Staghelm can be assassinated too?

I would buy a new expansion if the only new content for Alliance was his grave to dance on.
    What about Fandral Staghelm in the upcoming expansion? We all know that Fandral Staghelm is the chief lieutenant of the Archdruid Malfurion Stormrage, who has been locked in the Emerald Dream since the release of the World of Warcraft. Now, we can't talk about a possible outcome for Fandral without first mentioning Malfurion. It has long been speculated that the underlining cause behind the Emerald Nightmare was Deathwing; however, we don't know the exact cause of the nightmare. We do know, based on the previous expansion news, that Malfurion has finally returned from the nightmare. Why has this occured? Here is my answer. Fandral Staghelm is in fact Deathwing in a Night Elf form. There has always been speculation that Deathwing has been locked in Grim Batol, but I assert that he is in fact Fandral Staghelm. Deathwing and his children have always hidden themselves in positions of power. In fact, Onyxia was the exact reason why the human kingdom of Stormwind had fallen on such hard times. See the original WoW and the Reginald Windsor chain (A personal favorite in the game). Why take the disguise of Fandral? Fandral has a long history within the Night Elf civilization. In fact, he is one of the oldest Night Elves still alive. See the WoWWiki article http://www.wowwiki.com/Fandral_Staghelm. Deathwing has silently built his power base within the Night Elf heirarchy to gain control of one of the most powerful civilizations on Azeroth. He has been causing the Emerald Nightmare through his use of morrowgrain, which is known to be a reagent for curses. I'll quote from the same article:

"Present Day: With Malfurion missing, Fandral — the leader of those night elves who wished to plant the new World Tree — became the new archdruid. In no time at all, he and his fellow druids had forged ahead and planted the great tree, Teldrassil, off the stormy coasts of northern Kalimdor. Under their care, the tree sprouted up above the clouds. Among the twilight boughs of the colossal tree, the wondrous city of Darnassus took root. However, the tree was not consecrated with nature's blessing and soon fell prey to the corruption of the Burning Legion. Now the wildlife, and even the limbs of Teldrassil itself are tainted by a growing darkness. Regardless, to this date Fandral has proven to be an effective replacement for the missing Malfurion in strictly secular and iconic terms — none of Malfurion's confidants are exactly pleased. Quintis Jonespyre, a druid residing in Feathermoon Stronghold is very concerned — with why the archdruid in Darnassus is using the name of the Cenarion Circle, as well as the Circle's resources, to procure vast amounts of morrowgrain. He is a researcher — curses are his specialty. Quintis has heard that morrowgrain, under the right conditions, exudes qualities like other herbs used in primitive curses. Though it is widely known that Staghelm is at odds with High Priestess Tyrande, only the highest ranking members of the Cenarion Circle and the Sisters of Elune are aware of just how far the disagreements extend — the two are locked in a bitter power struggle that has secretly polarized the night elf government."

Now, what I'm proposing is that Fandral (aka Deathwing) has been using the Night Elf resources to silently poison the Emerald Dream and to keep Malfurion locked in his slumber while he struggles for power over the Night Elves with Tyrande. By keeping Malfurion locked, Fandral has managed to place himself as the head of the druid culture within the Night Elf Society. From this position he can manipulate the direction of the military machine of the Night Elves to suit his own personal goals. In fact, he has already done this by planting Teldrassil without nature's blessing. Which, in turn, has eliminated the Night Elves immortality and weakened their ability to fight against any plans that he may have. Now, how does Malfurion escape from the Emerald Dream and the Emerald Nightmare? With Deathwing's plans in full effect to unleash the catacylsm upon the world, he has slightly refocused his efforts in that direction. By doing so, he has allowed his power over the Emerald Dream to weaken to such an extent that Malfurion can now escape and return as head of the Night Elf government. With Malfurion's return to the normal realm he has forced Fandral from his position as head of the Cenarion Circle and relegated his ability to cause the Nightmare. Perhaps, in game we will even get a quest line that exposes Fandral as Deathwing just as we did with the Reginald Windsor chain for Onyxia. Also, a little extra spice to this theory is that Fandral is called Kar'sis, Hand of the Earth, by the Qiraji, and Deathwing is the Aspect of the Earth.

I've been following this topic ever since it was posted here and trying depserately hard every time I looked at it to convince myself it's all a publicity hoax from Blizz, but every day that seems less and less likely.

However, when I look at it vaguely, it all seems good.

1. Goblins and Worgen will make very cool new races (although I do think that a second monstrous race for the Alliance is very much stretching it since the leaders (Dwarven and human ones at least) are notoriously biggoted and elitist, however it's believable because of Wrynn's recent ordeal)
    2. Thrall getting an important position that allows him to show his shaman nature (ie. looking after Azeroth on the whole rather than just his people).
    3. A new leader for the Tauren, one who has grown up with the ideas of the Horde and of living in one place, ergo more fortifying/defences etc. so TB might not be the easy raid anymore. Although I hope he takes up Cairne's trademark weapon (The totem pole ofc).
    4. Flying in EK and Kalimdor but Home cities and all of the starting zones would need massive security upgrades to stop people killing every single newbie.
    5. New classes all round, sounds fun.
    6. Azeroth re-vamp rather than saying "Oh yeah, and there's another continent here that has somehow escaped all notice for the hundreds/thousands of years that explorative civilisation has existed on Azeroth.
    7. Level cap increase of only 5, makes life easier.
    8. Some big plot thing that freshens up the whole lore rather than just adding to it.

Now here's what I don't like:
    1. Garosh Hellscream as leader of the Horde, undoing litterally everything (Broken Org, broken relations with the alliance, returned concept of all the races in the Horde as being warhungry monsters etc.) that Thrall has built over the years.
    2. Death of Cairne, but that's just because I like him.
    3. Druidic trolls? They don't have the care for nature requried to even be initiate druids, their shamans are more a case of forcefully pulling the power out of nature than of earning/creating it.
    4. Holy tauren? For the love of god.... It's just not right! The only reason it made sense for Belves was because their race more or less embodies the true spirit of paladins (ie. Fair haired/skinned, regal, self-righteous with stick where-the-sun-doesn't shine as a pre-requisite). Although I can accept this if Blizz make it work with the existing lore rather than making some up.
    5. Garosh Hellscream as leader of the Horde, better choices include: Saurfang (if he survives), Rexxar (if he'd take it) or Voljin (taking over role of Warchief, not of orc leader).
    6. Breaking Azeroth completely, it would work on a smaller scale but they're just taking it too far imho.

I guess I'm more of the "casual minded" player, as far as the perspective on this little rumor goes. I hope it's all true. For me, a really drastic change, while sort of shocking from a familiarity standpoint, will make me want to dig deeper into the game again. It's already been said, but I agree that if they just added a new continent to the game for higher levels and maybe another class, it would ultimately feel very "more of the same" in a very short amount of time. So, redoing a good portion of the original world, if not necessarily all of the original content, will really make the game seem fresh and new to me. I've lamented the fact that I spent so much money on my characters having epic flight to not at least be able to use those cool looking mounts as a regular 100% mount back in the old-world, so this really rings a favorable bell in my direction. Granted, they might have to stretch or create lore to make it all work, but I think as far as entertainment value is concerned we'll all get our money's worth out of it and enjoy it greatly. I honestly don't know enough of the lore to make a judgement one way or the other where that's concerned, so I'll just enjoy it for the game play instead, should it all (or even some) be correct At least we still have 2 or 3 more expansions to look forward to if they keep to their desire to make 100 the maximum cap in the game before throwing it to the wind for a new IP or version of the series.

Thanks for the post, Boubouille.
    I'm a cheerleader priest. What I lack in intellect, I make up for in spirit! \o/

Well.....i guess i went through all of these 99 pages... :...i showed it to some of my pals and for the most of it they were like....um...WUT??? But when i now think of it some of the stuff doesn't sound that bad....oh well BlizzCon is in like a day so i gues there's no need to lore-debate it....well see 8)

Quote Originally Posted by neloko
    1. goblins and gnomes are diffrent as for naga over goblins that make no sense unless blizzard puts in a hell of alot friendly naga to counteract the evil ones we'l just ignore the fact naga have no legs and therefore cant ride mounts?
    aswell as there underwater breathing screwing over every one else?
    2.blizzard said hero classes unblance the game thats why there not adding more Yet....
    3.if we do chose between horde or alliance it be to confusing to know who to pvp and where.
    4.nelfs using magic again not really suprising imo tauren paladin why the hell not there are plenty of narru to tell them how and the belfs lost that power source awhile ago "Blood elf paladins completing Claiming the Light must now gather remnants of "holy energy" that linger around the magisters, rather than the previous requirement of draining M'uru directly." is giving holy energy to other races that hard?
    5.you got me about orcie city
    6.what is there left to split? every time blizzard change the game theres always peoples opnions to keep in mind and im sure blizzard have that into consideration aswell why are you even attacking blizzard they have't confermed any if much of these things so wait till blizzcon then shoot lots of bullets into there idears.-blizzard can change there minds aswell-
    1. LOL wait let me get this straight. So putting naga in as a playable race is "bad lore" and "doesnt make sense" and alot of friendly naga npcs would have to be put in for it to make sense. But Worgen make "good lore" and "complete sense" LMAO. Riiiight.

2. On this we Agree. Though more will be added so said blizzard..just not ever expansion.

3. This part i half believe if only for the fact that, yes there are a few retards who play that wouldnt be able to make the connection big red letters =Enemy and big green letters= Friendly. The whole "oh me oh my its so confussing" is a dead horse, people have orb of the sindorei, people have orb of deception and god knows what other kinds of model changers and i garantee it fools no one...or atleast those with half a brain.

4.There are a few of the class/race options that makes sense and others that are just plain retarded like NE mages, Tauren Paladins and Troll Druids.

5. How many Horde players would be foaming at the mouth if this happened. And yes a few 8yo players might think it cool.

6. Again we Agree that untill Blizzard makes an announcement this is speculation. Is it possible that this piece of shit of an expansion is true and will be used, of course. But what if it isnt and doesnt?