Just got a Trophy, what should I buy? (Moonkin)

Title says it all, after many ToC25 pugs I finally won a trophy last night. As eager as I am to use it, I want to get the most I can out of it seeing as I'm not likely to get another soon. I was looking at getting the helm, but I'm not sure if that's the *best* one to buy, as in, are there *optimum* pieces to get if you can?
    Here's my Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Iron&n=Scunosi
    Yes I know I'm quite above the hit cap, it's a matter of gear, the only pieces I have with hit on them have it in such large quantities that getting rid of any one puts me way under the cap. :s I do have enough badges though that I could pick up one of the hit trinkets with Triumph badges if need be.
    So, what say you chickadees?

Re: Just got a Trophy, what should I buy? (Moonkin)

Since t8 is getting nerfed as of this wednesday (probably) I would buy legs or gloves if I were you and get 4t9.

It says you have a 16 hit gem in your helm, and aren't using the red socket to get a spell power bonus?

Normally, chest or headpiece would be the best parts. Considering in 1-2 weeks t8 is gonna be nerfed, you might want other part, to complete 4/5 asap. Maybe hands, seeing as you are a bit under the haste soft cap and above hitcap, but ofc that would mean you'd have to swap more gear. So, the most inocuous to your current gear (t8 bonus break aside) would be headpiece.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

I should probably have mentioned that I do have the t9 gloves in my bags, ench'd and gemmed, I just haven't been able to use them because of all the hit I'd lose from the t8. I also have the pants off of 25 Anub if those are even better, but again, hit. =/

For some reason the armory doesn't like me today...

What I've taken from the comments so far is that you are not one of the guys who don't know anything about moonkins at all (no offense to those who are new to the class; only the ones who don't care and want a solution to everything annoy me a bit, frankly) and basically want to know in which order you have to cast the spells or something, so here goes:

I know it's not a really swell answer, but why not buy any part, not gem and enchant it, evaluate the stats ("hmmm....I would loose 2 SP and 10 haste, but gain 20 crit and 5 hit if I gemmed and enchanted the piece"), and go ahead and try that several times.

If you don't enchant or gem the item, you can trade it back for two hours...So, why not try (and add the gems and enchants, which really isn't all that hard)?

Or go to wowhead, load your char and try it there...

You should aim for getting the 4pc for patch 3.3. Honestly, the pants are such a bad piece of gear, that you should get t9 shoulders and helm to construct your 4pc, using the legs you have from Anub (which if I'm guessing right, are the ones with stam/int sp/crit/haste?). I have the same shoulders as you and I would be willing to lose the haste from them in exchange for pants that aren't absolutely awful. T9 pants are worse than t9 shoulders, is what I'm getting at. In fact, your shoulders aren't even the heroic version, so the loss from them is even less than it will be for me. The t9 helm has hit, so that should help you out there.

I actually have been asking myself lately how to regear for 3.3 and this was what I came up with as being the best choice, after looking at all the stats on all the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by BartolGdH

I know it's not a really swell answer, but why not buy any part, not gem and enchant it, evaluate the stats ("hmmm....I would loose 2 SP and 10 haste, but gain 20 crit and 5 hit if I gemmed and enchanted the piece"), and go ahead and try that several times.
    I typically do that, but to be honest I was a little worried it wouldn't refund the trophy, first one and all. ^^'
    After looking at the comments I've gotten I think I'll go with the t9 head, it'll be a good oppurtunity to replace that 16 hit gem. :P
    I'm actually kind of excited I'll get to have a 4 set bonus for a while, the t8 one was so fun (I beat a Resto Druid in a duel thanks to it!). I mean, yeah I'm stacking the 2-sets cuz that's what everyone says to do, but it's such a shame we don't get to utilize the whole set Blizz made, you know?

Happy!

Deleted

You do realise you only need 9% hit as an alliance char yeh ? You have 11.2% at the moment. So you do have a good amoutn of hit to lose. I'd replace the helm as with the next patch (Hopefully next week) T8.5 set bonus is not as power and if you already have that gloves there's your 4 set bonus

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi
    I typically do that, but to be honest I was a little worried it wouldn't refund the trophy, first one and all. ^^'
    After looking at the comments I've gotten I think I'll go with the t9 head, it'll be a good oppurtunity to replace that 16 hit gem. :P
    I'm actually kind of excited I'll get to have a 4 set bonus for a while, the t8 one was so fun (I beat a Resto Druid in a duel thanks to it!). I mean, yeah I'm stacking the 2-sets cuz that's what everyone says to do, but it's such a shame we don't get to utilize the whole set Blizz made, you know?

Happy!
    I know how you feel - i am envious when i look at other classes in full gear sets, matching It'll be nice to run with a decent color scheme now.

One thing i do, is use Wowhead's (or Warcrafter.net's) item comparasson tools, and more importantly, the character builder. Search for your character (it will update from Armory) and then play around with items to see how you benefit best.

Oh yeah, mind your hit

Good choice with the head, take the chest next. They are the only 2 pieces without spr on them. Spr is a wasted stat that could be haste or crit on your gear which will far outweigh the minor SP and mana regeneration we get from them. The other slots should be filled with once piece of non-tier and 2 T8. I like the shoulders from heroic 10 man and the legs and hands from T8, or if you have the T8 shoulders(I never got em =/) you could get the legs from AN 25. I was playing around with them with 4T9 and my numbers weren't much worse. I also was reliably getting eclipse procs because of higher haste and crit, which helped keep my DPS up.

I've found my current gear setup is working the best(about 6.8k dps on H beasts last night). Also that number is a bit off because usually my dots are ticking when a worm goes under so my total damage is just below the guys doing 7.5k+. Now I'm trying to dump out the hit, probably get bejeweled wizards bracers(though I'm debating blowing the mats when I'll probably get another upgrade once ICC hits that will be much better). Also, ignore the spell pen purple gems in there. I was seeing if that would lower the partial resists I'm seeing in my logs after... no effect =\.

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    You do realise you only need 9% hit as an alliance char yeh ? You have 11.2% at the moment. So you do have a good amoutn of hit to lose. I'd replace the helm as with the next patch (Hopefully next week) T8.5 set bonus is not as power and if you already have that gloves there's your 4 set bonus
    I know that technically I only need 9% hit, but I run with a ten-man raiding guild, so you can never be sure if our resident Ele shaman will bring his shaman or his Disc priest. Or hell, maybe his BM hunter just for giggles. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi
    so you can never be sure if our resident Ele shaman will bring his shaman or his Disc priest. Or hell, maybe his BM hunter just for giggles. ^^
    Ha! This guy needs to do a race change if not all of his chars are draenei!

That's the solution then :P

*note: I'm just kidding.