Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: The NEW Face of Azeroth...

This is awesome.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Interesting......

as we all know the old gods and algalon were defeated and or freed from the prison..
    so if they were defeated how can they change the path of azeroth

mabye the changing of the continent is a sign or warrning of the old gods of whats going to happen to it

inc. leet raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor
    I originally thought those 'rings' were magical ley lines or the twisting nether as we see it in Outland. But it IS entirely possible they are the remnants of the missing moon, and the beginning of a 'ring' system around Azeroth! I wonder if the OTHER globes in that area are Azeroth at yet OTHER points its future...
    This expansion speculation just gets better and better! It'd be awesome to be in Azeroth and see rings in the sky and zones changed drastically from the way we know them!

very very interesting, kudos on this find, OP!!

Props to Hothgar for his l33t observational skeelz. When I saw the last picture of Azeroth rightside up, for some reason Kalimdor looked a hell of a lot like North and south america to me. It's probably just the angle, or I'm going crazy.

One possibility for the moon/cataclysm is that The blue child really is no moon...Its a space station! In all seriousness, perhaps the reply code alpha didn't get sent properly, or in time or some such, and a hidden titan facility on the blue child (or perhaps consisting of the blue child), activated and owned azeroth (specifically kalimdor).

From the current Kalimador map and then the one from HoL, I am guessing these areas are the ones that are going to get flooded(or a partly flooded).

Thousand needles
    Lower half of the barrens
    The feralas

Dustwallow marsh would be left alone. That would create that "flooded area with an island".

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0
    And as of now, Azeroth has only one visible moon.
    It had two, The White Lady, and the Blue Child, but at the time of the Burning Crusade release, the Blue Child has since been missing.
    Wrong, there were 3 moons. The White Lady, the Brown Child, and the Black Father.

First, the Black Father left The White Lady during WC3, when times were hard. Then, years later the Brown Child joined a gang and that was the last time the White Lady and the people of Azeroth have seen him since.

Rumors have it the Brown Child was spotted selling drugs to stars and Algalon.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by lichy
    summon.. the moon?!

im pretty sure that would make the world go kaboom o.O
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask anyone? :P

I noticed that Thousand Needles, Barrens, etc. were underwater on the giant globe right before Loken in HoL. I just figured that it's an old map, as Thousand Needles was obviously once underwater to begin with.

as we all know the old gods and algalon were defeated and or freed from the prison..
    so if they were defeated how can they change the path of azeroth

mabye the changing of the continent is a sign or warrning of the old gods of whats going to happen to it
    First off, the Old Gods cannot truly be killed, yes, their outer "shell" was defeated, but if one was to defeat them, it would destroy Azeroth. We don't kill Yogg, nor C'thun, so it's not something that likely caused the event.

And Algalon was sent to reset the world entirely. If you beat him, nothing happens. You lose, well, you lose. Forever. Luckily Blizzard decided to take the former path and assume he is beaten lore-wise, else WoW would end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0
    First off, the Old Gods cannot truly be killed, yes, their outer "shell" was defeated, but if one was to defeat them, it would destroy Azeroth. We don't kill Yogg, nor C'thun, so it's not something that likely caused the event.

And Algalon was sent to reset the world entirely. If you beat him, nothing happens. You lose, well, you lose. Forever. Luckily Blizzard decided to take the former path and assume he is beaten lore-wise, else WoW would end.
    I believe the reason the titans couldn't kill the old gods is because their weaponry would have destroyed the planet.

We're not a big continent destroying laser beam. We're a surgical laser able to precisely remove a cancerous tumor from the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor
    I mention that in my post, also the Maelstrom is missing from the globe, so I wouldn't be surprised if the story goes along the lines of 'Queen Azshara tries to summon the moon to vanquish the Night Elves but instead hits her city, 'plugging' the Maelstrom and devastating Azeroth' or some such.
    Now it makes sense why Blizzard added new masks into the game. I think we're going to have to use the masks as well as the Caverns of Time in order to prevent the moon from crashing into Azeroth.

Also, I wonder how long we'll have to do all this... A 72 hour trial run or something should be interesting.

I always thought the Azeroth globe looked kind of weird whenever I ran HoL. Never really took too much notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    We agree with Communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Lild
    Now it makes sense why Blizzard added new masks into the game. I think we're going to have to use the masks as well as the Caverns of Time in order to prevent the moon from crashing into Azeroth.

Also, I wonder how long we'll have to do all this... A 72 hour trial run or something should be interesting.
    I see what you did there. And by see I mean I got it. And by I got it I mean ...
    “War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.”

15+ Year Old Account

... with a bard class that lets you extend that lock-out timer, right?
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    And a quest that transforms you into a Zuri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    We agree with Communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    Not necessarily. I was thinking more along the lines of alterations to the Caverns of Time to allow us to not only go forward and backward in time, but also modify the speed that time flows.

15+ Year Old Account

Not necessarily. I was thinking more along the lines of alterations to the Caverns of Time to allow us to not only go forward and backward in time, but also modify the speed that time flows.
    And here I was looking forward to having to play I Am Murloc backwards.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Eastern Kingdoms appears to be untouched, but I thought that the cataclysm knocked down the Greymane wall? If thats the case then obviously there was some damage sustained, albeit not continent altering.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands