Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: The new Orgrimmar

Hasn't anyone seen that yet?

i think it may be attacked by a group of black dragons as part of the pre-cata event, then the front gates (which are lit on fire) are torn down and replaced by big, spiky steel that says "don't mess with us, we're fireproof"

if they add enough spikes, there's the double-danger factor to the black dragons, who still have memories of the carnage of blade's edge mountains. just have garrosh grabbing them by the neck and impaling them on the spikes instead of gruul. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The screen shot speaks for itself!
    Anyway, i wonder how many expansions will take to finish the "new" og )

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    I'd like something like Warsong Hold, but a hell of a lot bigger:

Orgrimmar is being changed to look like this. There was a picture at blizzcon but all they said was "Some drastic changes to major cities" - it was a picture of org with scafolding around the front entrance and half of it having the same style as warsong hold.

Ill dig it up later if I can find it.

the location of org always bothered me.that whole place was carved out of solid rock by running water.not the best place to build a city.

I think the org light defences are due to the horde being the aggressor race in the warcraft rts games.if you look at the mongols they kicked everyones ass but never built any real permanent structures. and the orcs were kind of the same way until they realized there was no more easy to take land to expand to.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    SPOILER!!!

All hordes will die, that's when they implent the faction change service, so all horde's have to pay to go alliance.
    No...way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjerusalem
    yeah ogrimmar should rebuild, it was outdated. Take example Sw got big walls of stone, so it hardly can be taken, but what ogrimmar got? bones and wood and fur, Nowadays alliance tanks just can demolish it to the grounds.
    Warsong hold on the otherhand is pretty damn cool and massive. About where it should be rebuild, well would be interesting if they go back nagrand but i guess they remain in azeroth sooo, maybe i.. dont have a clue actualy, overall this cataclysm theory with tauren paladins and Garrosh as leader fails so i hope its not true, but i do want a new ogrimmar
    lol you do realise that the tauren paladin and garrpsh as leader "theory" isn't a theory right? blizzard has already straight up told us thats whats going to happen.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Orgrimmar architecture will be changed to fit in with the new orc styles of WotLK (Warsong Hold, Conquest Hold, Agmar's Hammer). A troll district within Orgrimmar with architecture similar to Zabra'jin (in Zangamarsh) and those bases on the coasts of Descolace and Hinterlands.(obviously Desc and Hint are a little outdated, but hey Org is too)

But also the pathing and textures of the current cities all have to be changed anyway, because none of them support flight. Have any of you tried getting under Stormwind or under Orgrimmar?

The cities currently only look 'finished' from the currently set in-game boundaries, as soon as you step outside those boundaries everything looks unfinished and stupid.
    Blizzard will have to modify (at least, if not completely overhaul) all of the current cities to support flight throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPasta
    too some of the people saying "its too strong to be replied" its going to be destroyed by deathwing... stronger than anything in orgrimmar. the cites being re designed or org (obviously) after the cataclysm destroys it, undercity (so flying mounts can get in) and stormwind (also to make it easier for flying mounts). Ive been hearing a few rumors about garrosh not letting certain horde races in but im not sure who they are and what races will be removed.
    Cool necro bro

If I recall what had been said vs the screen shots...the new org will be rebuilt with the help of goblins as a repayment for thrall saving them from slavery. Translation? org + reinforcements to make it more like warsong.

As for garrosh not letting certain races into the center of org...it is Orcs and Taurens only allowed to DEFEND the center of org since no other race has been deemed "strong enough" by garrosh to keep the peace.

have none of you seen the cata trailer? you see it near the beginning of the trailer.
    Thrall: "Morning, Garrosh. Want pancakes for breakfast?"

Garrosh: "A TRUE WARCHIEF WOULD NEVER CONSUME WEAK PANCAKES. ONLY THE MIGHT OF WAFFLES IS FIT TO COMMAND THE HORDE! LOK'TAR O'GAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by derfelkadarne
    Hasn't anyone seen that yet?

You see how the old walls are still there in the background? Orgrimmar getting destroyed was never confirmed and part of a set of rather doubtful lore "leaks".

It's being reinforced, not rebuilt.

I like old Orgrimmar .