De-raged Waraxe > Titansteel destroyer PVP?

I'm almost positive this has been asked before but the search found a bunch of other gibberish, so if you have a link, it would be great.

---

With the nerf to the mace spec, the axe spec seems to be on top. I have no options of getting polearms from heroics/raids so the De-Raged Waraxe is the best I can get. Then I can dump my money on the Titansteel for better stats and higher damage, but it's a mace. Would I be seriously gimping myself if I got it, or should I go ahead and get it? I don't want to spend 1.5k if I don't need too, I need all the gold I can get.

Re: De-raged Waraxe > Titansteel destroyer PVP?

get the axe from the new 5 man dungeon

My gear is not good enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Hezekiah
    sigh..just get in a good group you should be fine. or a guild run even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoute
    All the blood elves you are is just the result of a massive amount of 12 year olds playing, who dont think about racials and want to look "hawt".

mace if u need the 5% hit + armor pen which can never hurt

or

axe the 5% crit which helps in situations

imo id go axe

Yeah, it would seem that almost everyone prefers Axes over Maces.

imo get the mace over the axe.

sure u get 5% crit and 5% crit dmg
    but the dmg difference is too big and u will do wayyy more dmg with mace even without axe spec.

the de-raged war axe is like as good as the lvl 70 sword from sunwell (apolyon). plus the mace has around 120 str.
    or if u want u can go to H HoL and get the axe from their, same dmg as titansteel but u get more haste and more crit from it. plus u get axe spec!

The axe from 5-man ToC heroic was upgraded to 212 dps. Pay 4 geared people 200g each to run you through till you get it, and it'll be the same price as Titansteel destroyer with better stats.

Titansteel destroyer definetely if there is no way you can get the axe from ToC :P

Well thanks for your input, I will try to get into ToC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezekiah
    can you not get guildies or something to carry you through heroic toc? its not that hard... just get 4 good people to "do it for you" and i guarentee you can do better dps than some of the pugs ive had in there. my 65 warrior does better dps than people ive had in heroics.