Page 1 of 2
LastLast

lvling through BG's?

Hi,
    I was thinking of starting to level my druid again ( he is lvl 70)
    is lvling through BG's any good? was thinking of farming
    AV, I don't wan't to lvl slow i know doing
    quest is faster but is the xp from AVgood enough to get 80
    at a decent speed?

Re: lvling through BG's?

The exp from BGs is about the same as exp from instances... kinda crappy.

Bliz said they want BGs to be on about the same level as instances in the leveling process. The fastest exp comes from questing, but taking a break to run an instance or a BG isnt going to destroy your exp/hour.

I find instances alot faster than BG levelling, but im only level 23 by now.

I wouldn't recommend levelling solely by BGs, but they're a great break once in a while.

I've been doing a lot of bg leveling on my drood (30 atm). And i can say it's slow but fun, i don't know if it gets better depending on the BG for example there are ALOT of objectives and stuff in AV compared to WSG/AB.

I quest while i am in the queue also so win/win situation.

/TT

well i heard that between level 71-79 you get like 80k xp (max) for a loss in AV, 124k max for a win... thast the same as an instance, but then again.. you dont lose time finding a party and you can do AV in like 13 - 20 minutes.. a LOT faster than an instance... still questing is >... but imho its a lot more fun than questing... woooo only like 16 battles in AV per level.. thats just awesome imho
    thread: Smoke Grenade? I mean srsly?
    I'd also like a flashbang and then it would be just like Counter Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by k0102
    well i heard that between level 71-79 you get like 80k xp (max) for a loss in AV, 124k max for a win... thast the same as an instance, but then again.. you dont lose time finding a party and you can do AV in like 13 - 20 minutes.. a LOT faster than an instance... still questing is >... but imho its a lot more fun than questing... woooo only like 16 battles in AV per level.. thats just awesome imho
    Blizzard wants players to be able to get XP from bgs, but they don't want that to become the new way to level your toon. While some players will feel inclined to level solely in bgs, it isn't the fastest option and unless you are content with taking your time to get from 1-80, I would spend as little time in BGs as possible.

I tried AV last night on my 71 shaman and the amount gained is just crazy. I gained half a level with 4-5 AVs.

It really sucks that you usually get one-shotted from level 80s but it's a somewhat fun (and lazy) way to level.

Does anyone know what awards experience for each BG? For example , in AV, Tower capping, Galv and Drek killing awards exp afaik.

Edit: http://www.wowwiki.com/Alterac_Valley#Experience_in_AV

The main problem you will have leveling in a BG like AV is that at the lower levels you are going to be raped by EVERYONE, making it far less appealing.

I leveled from about 67-70 in BGs and had a blast but as soon as I hit 71, AV was A LOT less fun. Not to mention you are totally gimping your team when 10-20 people are levels 71-73. It makes it far more difficult to win and (from what I have seen) when a low level person speaks in /BG about anything (esspecially the failing of the group) you will see more "STFU", "GET OUT NOOB", "GO LEVEL FUCKER", etc than you care to see.

My advice is go do Borean, Howling Fjord, and enough Dragonblight to get to about 76, then go PvP. At that level you can still get honor from killing a lvl 71 and have more of a chance of living.

Unfortunately instances give a lot more than BG exp. A good instance run in the early levels will get you a whole level, while later levels will get you 75% or at least half, and in the later later levels it will give you half or 25%. BGs give you like.. 3 bars if you do really really good. They need to amp up the EXP in my opinion.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

what bg gives u the best xp

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    The main problem you will have leveling in a BG like AV is that at the lower levels you are going to be raped by EVERYONE, making it far less appealing.

I leveled from about 67-70 in BGs and had a blast but as soon as I hit 71, AV was A LOT less fun. Not to mention you are totally gimping your team when 10-20 people are levels 71-73. It makes it far more difficult to win and (from what I have seen) when a low level person speaks in /BG about anything (esspecially the failing of the group) you will see more "STFU", "GET OUT NOOB", "GO LEVEL FUCKER", etc than you care to see.

My advice is go do Borean, Howling Fjord, and enough Dragonblight to get to about 76, then go PvP. At that level you can still get honor from killing a lvl 71 and have more of a chance of living.
    Yesterday when i was playing Av on my rogue (80) it was 15 lvl 80s and 25 71-79 players, so annoying. 78-79 players are okey couse they can do something but the lvl 71s dies form a dot. We lost pretty bad but it was fun to kill low lvl allys there.

AV seems to give a lot of XP

They are going to reduce xp from 71-80 in AV and boost xp from the other bgs, I read that here somewhere. I've been doing a lot of this with my 43 mage, and I just seem to enjoy it a bit more than questing the same quests for the millionth time, even with the crappy xp.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Well at 50-60 I went 4 bgs per level and dinged.

The point of giving exp in BGs wasn't to give you another way to level... Plain and simple, it was meant to put a stop to twinking. People got tired of doing BGs at optimum levels only to get owned by this level x9 rogue that had been that level for 2 1/2 years. Blizz fixed this by giving xp. You turn it off and you're fighting only against other twinks (because they'll have it off, too). Twinks have to do that -- eventually -- or they'll gain a level and not be a twink anymore.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Grizzengoo

If you see the Xrealm AV premade people spamming on your server join that for lvlin
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzengoo
    The point of giving exp in BGs wasn't to give you another way to level... Plain and simple, it was meant to put a stop to twinking. People got tired of doing BGs at optimum levels only to get owned by this level x9 rogue that had been that level for 2 1/2 years. Blizz fixed this by giving xp. You turn it off and you're fighting only against other twinks (because they'll have it off, too). Twinks have to do that -- eventually -- or they'll gain a level and not be a twink anymore.
    i agree with you mostly there. doesnt really matter which was the primary reason, i think giving supplementary XP and killing twinking (or more accurately, making them play fair, which does not fit well with the twink personality) were the primary reasons for the switch
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

I was on my 70 lock doing some AV, and saw that I had 6 bars :O from just 1 AV.
    Now I dont wanna level my lock and I dont know how to turn of the exp gain in BG's.
    Must be blind or so, anyone can tell me? :
    "You win some, you lose some."

Quote Originally Posted by It@chi
    Well at 50-60 I went 4 bgs per level and dinged.
    Quote from WoWwiki:

"It is thus possible to gain 7.35% of a level from one match just by winning, up to 10.47% for a win with all towers still up and 11.64% for additionally rescuing all the wing commanders. It will take 14 wins to complete a level, or 18 losses, assuming your team destroys the four towers, and loses your four towers and kills Galvangar or Balinda."

You can't just spout off random bullshit and expect people not to question it. Don't just show up on the forums to lie

@ Val, if your horde, i think its around about thrall's place, Alliance around the boss in stormwind.
    Sorry just woke up and drinking my coffee still pretty sleepy :-\