Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Knocback of flying mount. What you think about it?

I just wanna know spell for a warrior or a feral druid I can use to get people off their damn ground mounts, I beat on them and when my stuns are up they still get away without getting dismounted.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I actually hate the "just dont go near a shaman/druid/etc when they're next to a cliff" arguement. I dont think any class should have 1 button that can kill another player or multiple players that quickly.

Hypothetically....

If hunter's and warlocks for example had an instant ability that could take you from 100% health to dead, would it deserve a nerf? Because could'nt you just "stay away from hunters and lockz noob"

I think that knockbacks and death grip (abilities that instantly move your character and are out of your control) are to some degree unfair (knockbacks more so that dg), and it would be more fair if each class had a similar style ability, or if they could not be used in certain situations.

But it is really fun to watch people fall to their death outside dal......

even when its me.

See, the way I'm reading this, and what really is more likely to have happened is this:

I was trying my best to cheat the WG system, so I decided I'd land on the keep walls and just wait there till I could jump down into the court yard then go take out all the cannons. Some mage with a brain called me on my shit, and found a way to deal with it. Now, I need to whine about that mage because I truly am that pathetic.

Is that closer to what happened? Allowing WG to have flying mounts in it was a total mistake. So much so, that Blizzard was smart enough to realize that at first.

Knock backs off of flying mounts are perfectly acceptable. I kind of feel that in PvP (or if you are flagged) then any attack made against you should cause you to automatically dismount.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daez

Knock backs off of flying mounts are perfectly acceptable. I kind of feel that in PvP (or if you are flagged) then any attack made against you should cause you to automatically dismount.

I think that not every attack should, but if some classes are going to have automatic offensive dismounts, all should.

Quote Originally Posted by Elude

This is the most OP thing in ABs and EoTS that blizzard really needs to look at rawr!!! look i killed 4 people with one spell I R GOOOD THES VEDIO GAMEE!!111
    Whine! Bitch! Moan! Whine! Bitch! Moan! Oh, look I can bitch about pvp in WoW on the intrawebz. I win the intrawebz!
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

15+ Year Old Account

Im so glad im immune
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus
    TS shouldn't knock you back 500 feet
    Good thing it only knocks you back 20 feet then. So, STFU and quit talking!

Quote Originally Posted by froman
    im pretty sure a ne druid can shadowmeld and recast flight form after dismounting someone allowing them to knock down higher targets. i cannot verify it because i was halfway to the ground before i looked up and saw a bird flying away...assumed it was him because i saw nobody else.
    well the tricky thing is with druids, i my self am a boomkin and typhoon people all the freaking time and i apsoutly Love it its so much but i digress, back to the point of me quoting you night elves can NOT use shadowmeld just after typhooning someone ever notice when you see a N/e move he loses his shadowmeld? thats right we cant use it if were "moveing" so "ding" "ding" "ding" typhooning someone out of the air and living your self, with out being an engi takes complete "Skill" on knowing how far up you are, how fast your character falls and how far you are from the ground so you can hit bird form when you get out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain
    If hunter's and warlocks for example had an instant ability that could take you from 100% health to dead, would it deserve a nerf? Because could'nt you just "stay away from hunters and lockz noob"
    Knock backs DO NOT KILL YOUR CHARACTER. Falling does, so bitch at Blizzard about falling deaths if you want to bitch about something. That is what needs changed. Falling should only drop you to 1% of your health and you should not die from it. The spells themselves are perfectly fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by t_P
    Paladins have bubble
    Druids have instant flight form
    Priests have levitate
    Mages have slow fall
    Everyone else has that beverage item thing that gives you the slow which you buy with relics of ulduar fall effect and / or noggenfoger elixir.
    Bubble and the levitate beer have a cooldown but if you get hit by a dismount twice you deserve it anyway.
    Last time I checked that beverage was only usable in Storm Peaks.
    Active: Monk
    Active: Rogue
    Active: Paladin
    Inactive: Warlock

I remember a while back some friends went to WG for one reason or another after it had recently been liberated from the alliance. A single doomkin was flying around the castle typhooning people off their mounts and baiting them up higher were she would either kill them conventionally on top of the castle, typhoon them off the top(these people were stupid) or if she was loosing the fight simply shadow melt flight form away.

Being the good warlock that I am I flew down there, threw a demon circle down where she was baiting people and proceeded to attack her. Now matter what I did it was impossible to kill her. When she knocked me off my mount of the ledge I would just port back and dot her up, but she could easily drop combat, fly high, hot herself and be as good as new. It was both frustrating and greatly amusing.

It seems impossible to balance these type of attack short of banning them in specific areas. I'd rather they be a bit imbalanced and in game them take them out at this point.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    Cuz doing stuff with the intent of hurting others game experience is fun, am I right?
    Yes.
    Yes it is.
    Welcome to World of Warcraft.
    Please leave your copy of Hello Kitty Adventure Island in the bin to your left, and have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Paladins have bubble
    Druids have instant flight form
    Priests have levitate
    Mages have slow fall
    Everyone else has that beverage item thing that gives you the slow which you buy with relics of ulduar fall effect and / or noggenfoger elixir.
    Bubble and the levitate beer have a cooldown but if you get hit by a dismount twice you deserve it anyway.
    Hate to point this out, but flight form is NOT useable in combat. Knockback effects that dismount you put you in combat. 99.99% of the time, i hit the ground and die before i get out of combat.

Personally, my solution to this issue is simple. When flying, i always just fly around with my gear unequipped, especially if i am expecting to be spending time hovering in places i can expect to get Blasted (like waiting outside ulduar for a raid to start).

Warriors should definitely have a knockback. I mean if anyone is going to be able to push your toon around it should be a big muscley warrior. OK, all warriors except gnomes should have a knockback. It would just make sense.

Melee with knockback defeats all logic

Yes, I know it's annoying when it happens but how many of you can honestly say that you havn't done it when you had the oppourtunity?
    Never pick a fight with someone who has nothing to lose.

Someday when i got time to kill i'm gonna spec elemental just to kill people like that =]

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya
    I only have one response to knockbacks dismounting people, friend, foe or myself....

hahahah nice

I love my engineered parachute

Or you take your face off of the Divine Storm bind keyboard and look at whether there's an elemental at the bridge near the flag.
    Or you could stop being an ignorant douche bag and take a look at the thunderfuck 4 video. he knocked a guy into the void from the blood elf tower. Sometimes you get caught off guard, and they shouldn't be able to do that when you're not even near a ledge.
    Quote from Sick4Paradise -

Wow, they should give you Ghostcrawler's job. Wait, no that's a bad idea, because you have no idea what you're talking about.