Thread: demo lock

demo lock

so i play a druid main and am looking to start playing my lock
    i was curious what is the demo rotation/spec, i know this is only and option 2800+ raid sp and it does a lot lower dps
    just curious as all the free gear in 3.2 shouldnt be that hard getting up there

plz dont spam affliction/destro is way better

Re: demo lock

thanks for being useless AcidicRage

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I liked that picture. QQ

Demo rotations are kind of...not rotational.

Use Demonic Empowerment at useful times (if a tank n spank fight, just spam it)
    Cast Curse of Elements
    Cast Immolate
    Cast Corruption
    Spam Shadow Bolt

Refresh other dots.

The only complicated part of the Demo rotation is when you get into 'execution' (Decimation procs)

At this time you need to stay fairly far away from the boss (if possible) so that you can 'weave' your decimate procs in between shadow bolt casts.
    The rotation for this goes:

SB-> Soul fire -> SB -> Soul Fire -> etc.

If you are too close, the SB will land before you get the Soul fire cast off, which then means your rotation is:

SB -> SB -> Soul Fire -> SB -> SB -> Soul Fire

Which is less dps-efficient than a properly woven execute cast series. Furthermore, using metamorph can be a little tricky. If its a fight longer than 3 minutes, use it at the beginning and then have it ready for the decimate weave, during which time the +20% dmg will be best utilized. If the fight is longer than 6 minutes, you can (obviously) use meta twice and still have it ready for the decimate weave.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

15+ Year Old Account

I was asked to go Demonology for our 25 man Firefighter attempts last night. Talk about insane.

Fun tho

R.I.P. YARG

Yeah, I raid Demo always, even though we have an Ele shaman now. If DP procs while I have a trinket effect going, its >400 SP gained to everyone.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie
    Yeah, I raid Demo always, even though we have an Ele shaman now. If DP procs while I have a trinket effect going, its >400 SP gained to everyone.
    Have you done mimiron as demo? I'm stuck at around 3500-3800 dps as demo and I'm not sure how to improve, as I have to micromanage the felguard (shock blasts), stay out of the fire (hard mode), and keep up demonic pact through phase 3 where theres a high chance my pet will die suddenly and not a lot to beat on.

R.I.P. YARG

Demo rotations are kind of...not rotational.

Use Demonic Empowerment at useful times (if a tank n spank fight, just spam it)
    Cast Curse of Elements
    Cast Immolate
    Cast Corruption
    Spam Shadow Bolt

Refresh other dots.

The only complicated part of the Demo rotation is when you get into 'execution' (Decimation procs)

At this time you need to stay fairly far away from the boss (if possible) so that you can 'weave' your decimate procs in between shadow bolt casts.
    The rotation for this goes:

SB-> Soul fire -> SB -> Soul Fire -> etc.

If you are too close, the SB will land before you get the Soul fire cast off, which then means your rotation is:

SB -> SB -> Soul Fire -> SB -> SB -> Soul Fire

Which is less dps-efficient than a properly woven execute cast series. Furthermore, using metamorph can be a little tricky. If its a fight longer than 3 minutes, use it at the beginning and then have it ready for the decimate weave, during which time the +20% dmg will be best utilized. If the fight is longer than 6 minutes, you can (obviously) use meta twice and still have it ready for the decimate weave.
    thank you for that, do you refresh dots when you are weaving? and can you link a spec

edit: and what glyphs do you use
    life tap, felguard, metamorphisis?

thank you for that, do you refresh dots when you are weaving? and can you link a spec

edit: and what glyphs do you use
    life tap, felguard, metamorphisis?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...&version=10192

Glyphs are on that spec

Don't refresh dots while you're weaving. Only refresh life tap by putting into your weave as follows:

SB -> SF -> SB -> SF -> LT -> SF -> SB -> SB -> (Back to normal SF -> SB weave)

The secrets to good weaving are:
    • Always be casting something
    • Always be at a distance so that your weave is 1 SB 1 SF (except when refreshing LT)
    Epic

15+ Year Old Account

@Kelpie - if you weave SB --> SF, move or cast any other spell, then SB --> SF again, you get more SF's out, faster.

Basically, think of SB-->SF as one spell and if you do it right you will never lose Decimation once you have it, even if you refresh dots or lifetap.

R.I.P. YARG

That spec doesnt look right...
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    That spec doesnt look right...
    Then you might want to have your eyes checked Its the cookie-cutter Demo DP build.

The last two points can be put wherever...and the two points in Fel Vitality can be moved to Imp Healthstones for more raid buffs..but I don't recommend it...too much dmg flying around in most Uld fights to not warrant on the safe side of more HP for your Felgaurd.
    Epic

Then you might want to have your eyes checked Its the cookie-cutter Demo DP build.
    Ha ha, I thought this was a PvP thread. My bad.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

No worries :P

You can also take the point out of Molten Core and put the cumulative last 3 points into Nemesis. Forgot to mention that before
    Epic