10+ Year Old Account

spell hit cap not 17%??

hi, i have a druid who is currently at 8.16% spell hit and get an get en extra 6% from Balance of Power and 3% from improved faire fire. unless my math is terrible that is 17.16% hit. now i was under the impression that the spell hit cap was 17% yet when im on the heroic dummy testing out my dps over the span of 5 mins my wrath missed 4 times and starfire once. am i doing something wrong here??
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Re: spell hit cap not 17%??

Actually Balance of Power does not give you 6% hit. It's a tooltip error and it still gives only 4% hit.

By LostDrewid 11 days ago (Patch 3.2.0)
    It would seem that the tooltip is wrong. You can see above, the spell effects are listed:

Effect #1 Apply Aura: Mod Spell Hit Chance (126)
    Value: 4
    Effect #2 Apply Aura: Mod Dmg % Taken (All)
    Value: -6

So it's +4% hit, as it's always been. It's a damned good thing that I checked this out, because I was on the verge of removing a lot of hit rating from my gear.
    Taken from Wowhead comments on Balance of Power talent

10+ Year Old Account

it was actually 4% pre patch so ur saying it still gives 4 and im missing 2% =(. dang it
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account

oh well that solves that problem. tyvm

15+ Year Old Account

On homepage right now :
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Patch Notes
    [blizzquote]World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.2.2

(...)

Bug Fixes
    • Balance of Power: Misleading tooltip reworded. The tooltip previously reported an incorrect value for the increased chance to hit with spells. The actual benefit of the talent is unchanged.
    (...)
    Oh, hi.