Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Enhancment and Armor Penn, How bad is it?

while arpen at the moment is a "suboptimal" stat, with expertise & hit being capped faster very patch, and haste reaching some kind of wall ( at least from what i´ve heard ) at ~600 haste, you´ll be kinda like forced to have some arp at some point.

maybe at a certain point of arp-rating, it gets good enough in stat value to be a viable stat to stack, similar to classes like marksman-hunters, warriors, combat-rogues, or ferals.

i dont know if that point actually exists, at which point you will reach it, and at which point will will have "paid off", starting to show profit.

guess we will see after we got a full bunch of arp-gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

so i should really be using some ele gear, as spellpower is better then ArP asuming all other stats are equal or close

Crit, Hit, Haste > ArP.

It is the least valuable for reasons stated above.

If you have nothing better, take it, gem it, and use it. If there is a hunter in the group, its a way bigger upgrade for them.

It's not useless, but all 3 other stats are like 20%-30% better. After dozens of EnhSims, I always look around -

1.8-1.9 - Crit
    1.5-1.7 - Hit and Haste
    1.3-1.4 - ArP

Quote Originally Posted by Keblow

Ever heard of a Rogue? I'd laugh at any Shaman using Strength gear rather than mail Agility gear.
    I don't know how the conversion is for Shamans, but I find ArP to be a useful stat for my Ret Paladin. I'm currently sitting at around 21%ish ArP and can see the difference in my DPS.
    ARP on a Ret? Only 30% or so of a Ret's damage is Melee.

Deleted

1) warrior, feral druid => pure physical dps => LOVES ArP
    2) rogue => poisons .. but still likes ArP. Blood DK really likes ArP as well (althought still deseases damage)
    3) retri paladins.. => 50% is melee? thus.. only 50% benefits from ArP. The rest is spelldamage.
    4) enhancement shamans => cough, maelstrom, cough ... need to say more. Like quoted in this thread before; if you get it on your gear you like it. You do not gear for it specificly.