T8.5... Wich one

Hola,

I finally gather 4 T8.5 token to buy my 4 first parts: Helm, chest, gloves, pants.

I m a holy paladin, and my t7.5 seems a lot better.

So, what should i do ?
    Should i buy the holy set ? or go for another one ? Retri or Protection ? My second spec is retri but i tried prot last week and it s very fun.

What is the most interesting T8.5 set for a pally (comparing with the T7.5) ?

Re: T8.5... Wich one

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisto
    Hola,

I finally gather 4 T8.5 token to buy my 4 first parts: Helm, chest, gloves, pants.

I m a holy paladin, and my t7.5 seems a lot better.

So, what should i do ?
    Should i buy the holy set ? or go for another one ? Retri or Protection ? My second spec is retri but i tried prot last week and it s very fun.

What is the most interesting T8.5 set for a pally (comparing with the T7.5) ?

Although the t7.5 is amazing, the stats lots isn't worth it. If you don't have Thorim Hard (10man) or XT-002 Hard (25-man), use all your tokens in holy t8.5, and get the Helm from t9 as soon as you can. The int/spellpower will increase alot, the shield bonus can be useful.

For 3.2 gear:
    t8.5 Head - bis
    t8.5 shoulder - bis
    t8.5 chest - good, but XT-002 one is better.
    t8.5 gloves - good, but Thorim's is better.
    t8.5 legs - bis (trying not include the Freya's cloth legs, poor mages)

I use all tier but the chest, it works the best for me.

Ok thx for the explanation!

Will do that

15+ Year Old Account

prot 8.5 bonuses are mediocre. t9, on the other hand, 4pc is amazing. the best ever.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    prot 8.5 bonuses are mediocre. t9, on the other hand, 4pc is amazing. the best ever.
    Ret's T9 bonuses blow worse than what comes out of the fat end of a cow on colace. >:l

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Ret's T9 bonuses blow worse than what comes out of the fat end of a cow on colace. >:l
    2 pc is still ok though.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    2 pc is still ok though.
    Its a small small small proc chance- Take the base chance of getting RV up, and times it by 0.05 (the actual chance for RV to crit, which is about 5%).

15+ Year Old Account

better to have a good 2 piece then a 4 piece since you dont end up stuck in the tunnel of t9.. like we were with t7

Edit : its a crit proc off a crit dot? :P anything i should know like internal cd or bs like that?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    better to have a good 2 piece then a 4 piece since you dont end up stuck in the tunnel of t9.. like we were with t7

Edit : its a crit proc off a crit dot? :P anything i should know like internal cd or bs like that?
    The crit has a 5% chance to proc off of RV, which has an X% chance to land, where X is the addition of the chance of CS, DS and Judgement critting, divided by 3.

Say CS, and DS each had a 30% chance to crit (either they Crit or they Hit, no miss/dodge/parry etc.), which means Judgement has a 48% chance to crit (due to talents). So, (0.3+0.3+0.48)/3 means RV has a 36% chance to be applied. Out of that 36%, only 5% of it will crit. So off of each attack roll, there is a 1.8% chance that a RV crit will occur.

Note: I forgot to see if RV critted as a 1.5x or 2x multiplier on the PTR: We'll find out eventually.

15+ Year Old Account

The crit has a 5% chance to proc off of RV, which has an X% chance to land, where X is the addition of the chance of CS, DS and Judgement critting, divided by 3.

Say CS, and DS each had a 30% chance to crit (either they Crit or they Hit, no miss/dodge/parry etc.), which means Judgement has a 48% chance to crit (due to talents). So, (0.3+0.3+0.48)/3 means RV has a 36% chance to be applied. Out of that 36%, only 5% of it will crit. So off of each attack roll, there is a 1.8% chance that a RV crit will occur.

Note: I forgot to see if RV critted as a 1.5x or 2x multiplier on the PTR: We'll find out eventually.
    in other word its completly bs.. oh great
    brb gonna get a rope.. anyone know how to make hanging knot (or whatever its called)?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    in other word its completly bs.. oh great
    brb gonna get a rope.. anyone know how to make hanging knot (or whatever its called)?
    Yes.

And its called a Noose.

Yes.

And its called a Noose.
    Called a noose, but the knot is a Slipknot.

surfacing anyone ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Where did you get those 5% chance of RV crit? If this would be right the Bonus would be horribad but:

from EJ:
    Maths:
    RV damage average: 7% of our total dps
    Average critrate in a raid: 45%
    (45*7)% = 3.15
    Well my Napkin Math number is less especially without the 4 pc t8, but it still looks decent at about 2% dmg increase overall which is better than 4pc t8, which is only slightly better than 1%, PLUS the 2pc t8, which is horribad.

15+ Year Old Account

So, does our Ret BiS include any tier 9 gear? I havent been to EJ lately but with the bonuses being so mediocre for us, do we have better gear drops from the bosses of ToCr and/or Uld Hardmodes?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    So, does our Ret BiS include any tier 9 gear? I havent been to EJ lately but with the bonuses being so mediocre for us, do we have better gear drops from the bosses of ToCr and/or Uld Hardmodes?
    I'm sure it will change 15 times between now and 5:00, but it's a start. Looks like 4 piece isn't a big deal and off set pieces will probably be better in many cases.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t69627-r...s_3_2_edition/