Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: WoW Teaser on Soundblaster.com

It's the Diablo III thing all over again... Remember how big that was? At least this one won't have us on the edge of our seat for a darn week.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

15+ Year Old Account

hahaha, blizzards always do things like that uhhh. cant wait till blizzcon.
    but i think there are shown "main locations" - Aszhara, Maelstrom, and Part of Lordaeron/Khazmodan.
    Why? I guess because there will be Gilneas + Kultiras i guess... but dunno
    better to wait.
    moar intresting to think..
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Falcio
    What I find odd about this is how Kalimdor's bottom half is oddly not shown as well as Eastern Kingdoms. That's very peculiar that they wouldn't have at least a bit more of the Barrens showing. You could make the case that it doesn't matter and that they're just focusing on two Horde areas, but that also doesn't make sense because they can easily do the same on the right side.

Lazy blurring or something more?!

Dun dun duuuuun..

I am currently thinking about the colordifference - in one hand, it is blue, other land its yellow like land.

I datamined the map in the flash file and brightened it up a little:

It is now clearly evident, after a week of speculation...

The Cataclysm is caused by the destructive soundwaves by the awesome power behind the Soundblaster sound system.

Go buy a SoundBlaster today... It will totally change your world.

Ehhh, that just gave me some crazy chills.

The 2 portions of the map in the picture are a representation of "The Cataclysm".

On the left it displays Azshara, which is giving the hint at 'Queen Azshara'? A possible zone change? etc etc.

On the right however we can clearly see a scene of the 'Tirisfal Glades'....possibly to state the return of the Guardian? Krasus' Grove? The landing zone of the Highborne upon Azeroth?

And in the center we have a flickering Horde insignia, as well as shattered portions of the insignia all across the map. This possibly represents a separation or catastrophe amongst the Horde peoples.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazmeyer
    What makes more sense, genius? That your uber-security had a flaw, or that someone cracked Blizzard's servers and instead of compromising thousands of accounts, they just singled out you? What did you do, piss off the Joker or something?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Aredan - 80 Prot Warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Daxter - 80 MM hunter
    PVP is a matter of overcoming your own weaknesses while exploiting the weaknesses of others.

If you suck, it's because you can't comprehend the previous sentence.

http://www.soundblaster.com//images/...s/large/ml.swf

You might have better luck viewing it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxter

On the left it displays Azshara, which is giving the hint at 'Queen Azshara'? A possible zone change? etc etc.

On the right however we can clearly see a scene of the 'Tirisfal Glades'
    Did anyone possibly consider that it's Azshara and the zone behind greymane wall? New playable are worgen and NOT goblin, but NAGA! WOO lol

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daxter
    Ehhh, that just gave me some crazy chills.

The 2 portions of the map in the picture are a representation of "The Cataclysm".

On the right however we can clearly see a scene of the 'Tirisfal Glades'....possibly to state the return of the Guardian? Krasus' Grove? The landing zone of the Highborne upon Azeroth?

And in the center we have a flickering Horde insignia, as well as shattered portions of the insignia all across the map. This possibly represents a separation or catastrophe amongst the Horde peoples.
    !!!! i think your opinion discribes everything tirisfal.aszhara.horde.

btw, isnt the horde symbol is "Broken" ? we can see just 1 "part of the Horde"
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Week of Wow Teasers here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by salate
    !!!! i think your opinion discribes everything tirisfal.aszhara.horde.
    Haha, the Greymane wall....GREAT observation, wasn't thinking of that when I was speculating >.<

( I was so focused on the whole Nightelf/Highborne story)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazmeyer
    What makes more sense, genius? That your uber-security had a flaw, or that someone cracked Blizzard's servers and instead of compromising thousands of accounts, they just singled out you? What did you do, piss off the Joker or something?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Aredan - 80 Prot Warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Daxter - 80 MM hunter
    PVP is a matter of overcoming your own weaknesses while exploiting the weaknesses of others.

If you suck, it's because you can't comprehend the previous sentence.

It's true that people say that the darkest place is under the candlestick. The map is not the same. Look at the highlights.

Hyjal.
    New island north of Azshara (might be goblin 1-10).
    New island west of Kalimdor coast.
    Three more island on right, all highlighted.
    Island (or southern kalimdor) in bottom left corner, not highlighted.

Definitely different from current map.

Edited-added:
    Also if you look inside the red sphere you can see reflection of another sphere. Perhaps moon.

Quote Originally Posted by kogee
    It's true that people say that the darkest place is under the candlestick. The map is not the same. Look at the highlights.

Hyjal.
    New island north of Azshara (might be goblin 1-10).
    New island west of Kalimdor coast.
    Three more island on right, all highlighted.
    Island (or southern kalimdor) in bottom left corner, not highlighted.

Definitely different from current map.
    those are flakes. i made the same mistake

Quote Originally Posted by genesis2k

as you can see Azeroth itself has not changed.

the only thing I am skeptical about the background color of the malestorm and the patterns in the sea.

where in the game a blue background is selected, it is not blue but yellow. approximately the yellow which is is also present at the land.

Look at the sea around the maelstrom in the new one. It looks scaley, like a lizard, or naga?

Quote Originally Posted by S_fX
    Look at the sea around the maelstrom in the new one. It looks scaley, like a lizard, or naga?
    its called a texture.

sorry but no

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by phluff
    its called a texture.

sorry but no
    Much like the texture of many headphone cushions, in fact.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0

My theory as the days progress: The image will both get brighter and the map will extend outwards so we can get the full view of the map.
    Once Blizzcon hits, we will be hit with a surprise.. possibly the destructive wake of the Cataclysm visible on the map.
    My theory, the weird symbols will write Cataclysm when tht happens.

Tempor

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel
    My theory, the weird symbols will write Cataclysm when tht happens.
    I was just about to post that, on the bottom right of the logo you can clearly see the "YSM", not sure if anyone posted about this, didn't read through all the pages :<

If you look at the map B transposed.......nothing has changed. Westfall isn't gone.....in fact it looks exactly like the in game map does now.

Perhaps it will change though.

Last years official teaser succeeded in raising the excitement level prior to Blizzcon... yet we haven't seen one yet for this year. Could it be that Blizzard has invited their partners to take part in the build up? And soundblaster.com jumped the gun a day early or something?

Otherwise this is soundblaster just building hype over wow themed headphones or something. A move that will ultimately disappoint some players but will still succeed in gaining some serious name-recognition... there is no such thing as bad publicity, as they say.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands